SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I think most people pictured this series going at least six games even if it wasn't in this fashion. Florida played much better when they woke up but you can't fall asleep for lengthy periods of time. Believe me, I've seen it up close with the Oilers.

Tkachuk waking up is a good thing for Florida. I really hope Draisatl can muster something up because that line is getting eaten alive.

Certainly not. But...shit....NOTHING the Oilers did this year was a straight line or linear in any way.

Lannes

🇮🇱🇮🇱🇮🇱
May 5, 2024
McDavid's fitness is just bonkers, I know exactly what you mean

It's one thing to play that many hard minutes, it's another to excel in almost all of them and during the SCF

This isn't some opportunistic player waiting to strike, this is a guy getting into the hard areas and challenging people all game. We focus on his skills a lot, as we should, but I think we undersell his ability to do so much of it.

Doing what he did on the Perry goal at the end of an almost two minute shift is bananas. Out of this world.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Agreed. Facing elimination in Cup finals and comes up with back to back 4pt. games!
Surround by 4 Panthers he moves right into the pack , gets them to commit ( Mario like), pulls his moves untouched and dumps it to Perry. Game winner in the net.
I watched on delay and mesmorizingly replayed it a few times. I said out loud "Wow, how does one do that?"

My 15 year old son simply said "It's McDavid"

Reactions: PaulD

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I said people are only bringing up the SCF to the point people think it's the only time it's happened.

I pointed out it's not, such as in the LA series.

Also Philly did it to Boston in 2010.

Chicago pushed vancouver to game 7 OT in the same hole as well in 2011.

It's still unlikely but teams have done it recent years whereas nobody was doing it for decades prior.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Also Philly did it to Boston in 2010.

Chicago pushed vancouver to game 7 OT in the same hole as well in 2011.

It's still unlikely but teams have done it recent years whereas nobody was doing it for decades prior.
Crawford and Quick were the goalies who took it to game 7. If Skinner keeps playing the way he has, it is going 7 games.

Those kings and Blackhawks teams were good but didn't have McDavid.

These were some of the Ds.

Doughty
Martinez
Muzzin
Green

Keith
Seabrook

Ekholm
Bouchard

The kings basically denied jumbo Joe a cup run with a prime Brent Burns on it.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I voted Cats in 6 but I'm so annoyed this is dragging out. They have no killer instinct. They're really making this as hard on themselves as possible.
They have killed 6 of their last 7 rounds .....Oilers are just that good under pressure.
Worth noting if Reinhardt, Verheague, and Montour just played well (not great) in this series. It would be over.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I voted Cats in 6 but I'm so annoyed this is dragging out. They have no killer instinct. They're really making this as hard on themselves as possible.

Could be argued that Edmonton has outplayed Florida overall in this series. If Skinner keeps outplaying Bob (has over last 2 games), Florida is in deep trouble.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Crawford and Quick were the goalies who took it to game 7. If Skinner keeps playing the way he has, it is going 7 games.

Those kings and Blackhawks teams were good but didn't have McDavid.

These were some of the Ds.

Doughty
Martinez
Muzzin
Green

Keith
Seabrook

Ekholm
Bouchard

The kings basically denied jumbo Joe a cup run with a prime Brent Burns on it.
Well said.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Florida needs to win the goaltending battle to win the series. They just need to win it one more time out of two games. Seems to me that's the difference in this series. Which ever team gets the saves gets the W. Huge pressure on Bob to get this cup win.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
Kudos to edm for at least making this series interesting. It has been fantastic hockey. I would love a game 7. The entire hockey world would unless you are Florida of course.
I was so disappointed last year. Really want to see the Finns hoist it because it went Vegas' way last year.

Might as well quit watching hockey if all it brings is a disappointing beginning to the summer every year. 🙈

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad