Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I think most people pictured this series going at least six games even if it wasn't in this fashion. Florida played much better when they woke up but you can't fall asleep for lengthy periods of time. Believe me, I've seen it up close with the Oilers.

Tkachuk waking up is a good thing for Florida. I really hope Draisatl can muster something up because that line is getting eaten alive.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Because a team coming back from 3-0 even to make it 3-2 almost never happens

Reverse sweep has happened literally once ever

If that’s not blowing it then there’s no such thing as blowing it
Not sure why this has become the established truth. Someone said it's only happened once before in the cup final and that has morphed into it's only happened once period. But it's happened 4 times in total.

LA Kings did it to the Sharks ten years ago on their way to the cup for example.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Not sure why this has become the established truth. Someone said it's only happened once before in the cup final and that has morphed into it's only happened once period. But it's happened 4 times in total.

LA Kings did it to the Sharks ten years ago on their way to the cup for example.
I am referring to the Finals here

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Well said. But still, on that shorty Brown required Montour to make a "stupid is as stupid does" pass.
He had Tkachuk wide open on wall directly in front of him.
Oilers have been great.
Montour and Mikkola pairing have been terrible.
I think that the only reason Brown had enough time to deke was because Barkov stopped skating. I didn't understand why he gave up on the play, even if Brown misses he gets the rebound....

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
What would happen if the panthers lose game 7?

I'd hate to be the next road team in a game 7. They've won the last 3 dating back to 2009, one would assume order is restored at some point as prior to that they had lost the previous 6. I think too the style of a game 7 favors FLA more. Very few penalties were called in any dating back to 2006 and outside of 2011 they've all been very tight grind fests. I just think if it gets there its going to be a game that favors the Panthers unless Bob gives up 1-2 bad goals.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
I think that the only reason Brown had enough time to deke was because Barkov stopped skating. I didn't understand why he gave up on the play, even if Brown misses he gets the rebound....
Barkov is supposed to win the Conn Smythe apparently. What he did there was beer league stuff

Request a best of 9 series????
At this point, Florida might want to negotiate for that just in case.

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
Well said. But still, on that shorty Brown required Montour to make a "stupid is as stupid does" pass.
He had Tkachuk wide open on wall directly in front of him.
Oilers have been great.
Montour and Mikkola pairing have been terrible.
Like Ceci and Nurse earlier!

The style the Panthers play is tough on D-man. For every Forsling there are 5 that can't handle it.

Isn't Montour more of a Bouchard, offensive minded D-man?

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
I'd hate to be the next road team in a game 7. They've won the last 3 dating back to 2009, one would assume order is restored at some point as prior to that they had lost the previous 6. I think too the style of a game 7 favors FLA more. Very few penalties were called in any dating back to 2006 and outside of 2011 they've all been very tight grind fests. I just think if it gets there its going to be a game that favors the Panthers unless Bob gives up 1-2 bad goals.
Yeah, every penalty becomes the season. I love Game 7s/elimination games in any sport. Game 7 even makes baseball fun, counting down the outs...

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Kudos to edm for at least making this series interesting. It has been fantastic hockey. I would love a game 7. The entire hockey world would unless you are Florida of course.

Reactions: Mike C
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad