Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Series is done.

Don't see the Panthers finding a way now. McDavid is determined to win his cup and the Panthers can't get out of their own way.

What a f***ing way to blow it. These guys really just have to become the ultimate losers, don't they?

How long before the franchise relocates?

NYRfan85

D'oh!
Jun 2, 2020
South Carolina
Will Florida collapse and Leaf this series? Time will tell.
It's funny, the Oilers are actually trying to do something only the Leafs have ever done in NHL history - come back from a 3-0 deficit to win the Stanley Cup.

Florida looked much better in the third period last night, and looked like they were about to complete the comeback. That diving save by Tkachuk was unreal, that last minute was some wild hockey. It's looking like my initial prediction of Panthers in 7 could be happening. I don't see the Panthers winning in what's going to be a loud and difficult environment in Edmonton Friday...

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Series is done.

Don't see the Panthers finding a way now. McDavid is determined to win his cup and the Panthers can't get out of their own way.

What a f***ing way to blow it. These guys really just have to become the ultimate losers, don't they?

How long before the franchise relocates?

It is nearly a good reverse jinx.

I fully expect the Panthers to win game 6 with Bob just deciding to stop everything.

Game 7 would be awesome to see but the Panthers will score, so only needs one performance from Bob to take the cup.

Reactions: Skate2Stick

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Those beating the “Bring the Cup home to Canada” have gotten their wish even though the Cup is housed at the HHOF all year which happens to be in Canada.

Panthers can’t stop the bleeding. There’s no way they can turn this thing around now.

Maurice is a bridesmaid once again.

Reactions: GreeningOil

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee

I fully expect the Panthers to win game 6 with Bob just deciding to stop everything.

Game 7 would be awesome to see but the Panthers will score, so only needs one performance from Bob to take the cup.
There's no reverse jinx when you've been watching this team shit the bed for decades. A reverse jinx would imply I have hope, hope is dead.

Don't think they have it in them to close it out. They look absolutely cooked.

I never understood why the team was doing so well when we've always been a dogshit franchise. Now I understand. It was all for this moment, to become the greatest losers in sports history.

• Haha
Reactions: HabzSauce

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
That was a world class game by Tkachuk. That diving save at the goal line by him was unbelievable. Yet somehow still, he was overshadowed by McDavid.
It happens when you’re playing against the best player in the game. The reality is, that with their overall mediocre defence, the Oilers will only go as far as McDavid can carry them.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
It happens when you’re playing against the best player in the game. The reality is, that with their overall mediocre defence, the Oilers will only go as far as McDavid can carry them.
Fortunately for him it's also turning out that Florida's defense is pretty mediocre as well, now that Bobrovsky has stopped saving every shot.

CaptainUgly

Bronx Bombers
Apr 22, 2018
There's no reverse jinx when you've been watching this team shit the bed for decades. A reverse jinx would imply I have hope, hope is dead.

I never understood why the team was doing so well when we've always been a dogshit franchise. Now I understand. It was all for this moment, to become the greatest losers in sports history.
Damn bro, do you need a hug?

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Mcdavid won a Stanley cup game alone. He single handely won that game. Incredible

Florida was way better as a team and thachuk was wicked but mcdavid won’t lose this series.

Draisaitl sucks
Skinner is meh
The D suck
No depth

Doesn’t matter. Mcdavid is the best
Maybe I have to rewatch but I actually thought Skinner outplayed Bob in game 5.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC

How can they be cooked when they get incredible amounts of time between games in this series?

Reactions: dwdl21

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Give the Oilers the Panthers’ defence and this series is over in four. Could you imagine McDavid skating against Ceci, Bouchard, Kulak, Nurse, etc.?
Montour, Mikkola, Kulikov, and OEL haven't been any better. No shows in games 1, 4, and 5, and got a ton of help from Bobrovsky in game 3. And that's with Draisaitl looking like a reanimated corpse this series, so they're having an easier time than they normally would be.

Last edited:
Reactions: McDoused

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

I'm feeling the same. Edmonton channeled their wounded pride and won two. Now it's Florida's turn to channel their pride and put this series to bed on Friday.

Momentum is a thing... but it only lasts so long before shifting to the other guy.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
And another thing:

Thanks to Edmonton, I hope to never read that crap about a team "Losing on purpose to win at home". Astounding that some people actually believed being up 3-0 gave a team licence to treat the SCF as their own private party. Hopefully, that fairy tale has been put to bed and those conspiracy-lovers have figured out how hockey works.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
And another thing:

Thanks to Edmonton, I hope to never read that crap about a team "Losing on purpose to win at home". Astounding that some people actually believed being up 3-0 gave a team licence to treat the SCF as their own private party. Hopefully, that fairy tale has been put to bed and those conspiracy-lovers have figured out how hockey works.
Do people really say this seriously? I've only ever seen people joking about it.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad