Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Part of me really wants the Panthers to win because I like Barkov and OEL, and Bob and Tarasenko…

But part of me wants to win several thousand dollars (bet on the Oilers before the Dallas series)

I’ll live either way and thank you Edmonton for making it interesting lol

Reactions: Thomas Tatar

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
That play by Tkachuk at the end was nuts.

With that said, Edmonton with another huge win. This one was going to be difficult to get, considering the Panthers were back at home with very little pressure on them still.

Now that the series shifts back to Edmonton, the Oilers are going to have a ton of momentum. That game is going to be hard for the Panthers to win. Add to that fact that McDavid has taken flight while Bobrovsky has been flaundering in these past two games. Uh oh.

It'd be nice if Draisaitl got going too.

Reactions: Kerberos

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Here's a stat:

In last 15 games, Oilers have allowed 1 goal against on PK, while scoring 3 PK goals. PK percentage well over 100%. A 105% PK, or something like that(104.5% PK according to my maths in that time frame).

Last edited:

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Florida usually plays like a pack of wolves but they're wearing down. Playing a bit slower. That tiny extra half second is all someone like McDavid needs to tear them apart. That's why this trophy is so tough to win, need to be on your A game the whole way through.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Florida usually plays like a pack of wolves but they're wearing down. Playing a bit slower. That tiny extra half second is all someone like McDavid needs to tear them apart. That's why this trophy is so tough to win, need to be on your A game the whole way through.
Was very embarrassing defending against McDavid on the Perry goal. McDavid wasn't even expecting anything, was just carrying the puck in at a leisurely pace, but then noticed that the Florida D just left the royal road open and took advantage. Shameful to see gameplay like that in the finals.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I went to bed at the end of the 2nd.

What I've noticed these past 2 games is that you don't really notice the cats big guys anymore.

Tkachuk scored, but before that he was doing almost nothing

Barkov barely noticed.

Reinhart I had to really focus to notice.

I thought Bennett was hurt and out of the game at one point.

If you're Florida/their fans you've gotta be somewhat pissed at the main players on Florida these past 2 games minus last night's 3rd period as they may have looked better.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I just want Edmonton to lose.

But Bobrovsky doesn't deserve the start for game six.

You have to start Bob still imo. He got you there.

If you start the other guy...and Oilers still win....then what? Go back to Bob for game 7 after you showed the world you don't trust him?

Said this on Friday:

"Anything can still happen. Don't overlook the Oilers. They have the best player in the world playing for them. Things can change on a dime."

Pfft. I flat out said "reverse sweep" the moment they went down 0-3 ;)

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
After Knoblauch took over, the Oilers lost 3 consecutive games in the regular season 3 times.

They went on a winning streak after every time, 8 games, 16 games and 5 games.

It's the playoffs and not the regular season, but nothing happens without a reason. They're talking about how they play their best with their backs against the wall, and they should.

It's an unusual situation in that in a weird way, the Oilers are more confident in this position than they were earlier in the series. All of a sudden they're capitalizing and those little things that went against them, are going for them.

At the same time, frustration can creep in for the Panthers. Cup is in the building every game but you just can't get it.

It's a tall task for the Oilers to beat a desperate team twice going forward here, but a Game 7 is a true possibility.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
You have to start Bob still imo. He got you there.

If you start the other guy...and Oilers still win....then what? Go back to Bob for game 7 after you showed the world you don't trust him?

Pfft. I flat out said "reverse sweep" the moment they went down 0-3 ;)
We'll see. Still hoping for a Panthers win because the Oilers don't have a Finn, while Panthers have Barkov, Luostarinen, Mikkola, and Lundell.

Not confident, atm, though. 🙈

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Oilers came back from 1- 2 in the Stars serie and down 2-0 in game 4, they came back from 2-3 in the Nucks serie.

0-3 didnt mirrored the games, Oilers had business in game 1 and game 3, Bob went prime Hasek in game 1.

Its more of of a mental game now on.
I dont think Oilers lose at home, i expect a thriller in game 7.

Reactions: Wulfgar

FinnHab

May 24, 2006
overseas...
Panthers mind set seems to be that they were already hoisting the cup, 4th win is just a take away. Pressure must be hellish right now in the Panthers locker room. They lost momentum to Oilers. This is the most epic choke job if Florida loose this series.

Reactions: dwdl21

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
It would be real cool to see EDM come back and win the Cup, but i think either this next game or game 7 Skinner is gonna put up a stinker of a game and FLA wins.. and unfortunately for Skinner, people will remember that stinker

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Mcdavid won a Stanley cup game alone. He single handely won that game. Incredible

Florida was way better as a team and thachuk was wicked but mcdavid won’t lose this series.

Draisaitl sucks
Skinner is meh
The D suck
No depth

Doesn’t matter. Mcdavid is the best

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
Oilers figured how to break the forecheck. They go figured passing lanes to get the puck behind the D. Oilers showed they can change style to overcome FLAs forecheck. Can FLA play different to counter or is Maurice what he has always been one trick pony? Doubling down on same style just relying on Bob to be superhuman is not a response. What is. FLAs move?

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad