Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Taking a week off so the NBA finals are happening at the same time was so dumb. Luckily the games haven't been on the same day but there is no god damned reason for a week long break between conference and cup finals.
I'm watching every minute of the final no doubt........... Its not the most exciting final .....to say the least.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
I'm watching every minute of the final no doubt........... Its not the most exciting final .....to say the least.
I've watched about 80% of the playoffs so far. The long break made me feel less interested in the finals but I've watched as much as I could of the finals. Tho I've missed or do not remember parts of each game.

Dieseloil

Jul 31, 2016
How hard is this ? How long has Mcdavid been an Oiler and why haven’t you done better in the years you have had him. Simple question
Team game something or other. When the team shows up game 4 happens. Tons of great players couldn’t win it by themselves. Name 1 that did.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
K, so why with the tax advantages, geographic and lifestyle advantages that Florida is always touted as offering over a place such as Edmonton, did it take you guys 25 years to win another round round in the playoffs after your first 3, which all incidentally happened in year 3 of your existence in that SFC appearance. I mean, how many NMCs and NTCs do you guys appear on? Why didn't you do better?

Not that I actually expect you to answer because you had nothing to do with it....because it is DUMB to have someone on the boards answer to or be accountable for something they have nothing to do with.

We are fans. Nothing more.
I mean the answer to your question is in the question. NHL has to compete with a TON of other things in the land of forever summer. Whereas in Edmonton……

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
If Edmonton wins game 5, they’ll go on to win the series. Furthermore, if they get to Bob early and get a couple past him quick, he’ll crumble again and they’ll win game 5. FLA better come out flying and play the best hockey of their lives because this series is going to go south for them real quick otherwise.

• Haha
Reactions: whitefang

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
Realistically I'm expecting to congratulate Panther fans tomorrow and I've made peace with a loss.

But God damn it I wanna believe

Pretty much the same regarding the series. 4 in a row is a massive hill. Any extra games I get to watch is a bonus. If they happen to win game 5 things get a little more serious. Expecting a good game from Florida

I know it's cup/bust but the season has been a blast regardless of the outcome

I'm super curious to hear if McDavid has been plagued by injuries most of the year

HighLifeManIsHigh

McDave is a loser lol
Feb 27, 2006
Whoever wins game 5, wins the series

Obviously if FLA wins game 5, they win. But if they let Edmonton back into this series going back to Edmonton…. Jeez

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Whoever wins game 5, wins the series

Obviously if FLA wins game 5, they win. But if they let Edmonton back into this series going back to Edmonton…. Jeez
These are evenly matched teams and each game is pretty much a coin flip, so the Panthers still have roughly a 75% chance to win even if they lose game 5
Home ice advantage and game-to-game momentum are mostly nonsense

Reactions: Skate2Stick

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I've watched about 80% of the playoffs so far. The long break made me feel less interested in the finals but I've watched as much as I could of the finals. Tho I've missed or do not remember parts of each game.
Exactly. A long break in June. Then they try crank it up again?
Of all the play off series in 24 , would you put the final in the top 10? I wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad