Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
K, so why with the tax advantages, geographic and lifestyle advantages that Florida is always touted as offering over a place such as Edmonton, did it take you guys 25 years to win another round round in the playoffs after your first 3, which all incidentally happened in year 3 of your existence in that SFC appearance. I mean, how many NMCs and NTCs do you guys appear on? Why didn't you do better?

Not that I actually expect you to answer because you had nothing to do with it....because it is DUMB to have someone on the boards answer to or be accountable for something they have nothing to do with.

We are fans. Nothing more.
I know your question was rhetorical, but anyway...

None of the first sentence matters when the organization is a joke/sham run by owners who care nothing about building a solid organization/team.

Reactions: RMF5630

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
How hard is this ? How long has Mcdavid been an Oiler and why haven’t you done better in the years you have had him. Simple question
Simply, because this isn't basketball. Elite forwards are - at most - on the ice for 30-35% of the game. Elite basketball players play 90% of the game. The supporting cast around McDavid hasn't been good enough until this year.

The biggest difference between this year's version of the Oilers and previous years' versions is the maturation of a guy like Evan Bouchard.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I see fans saying this but how do you fix that? Shorten the regular season? Shorten the playoffs? Consolidate the regular season schedule? Start in September instead of October?

I don't see the issue anyway. Having the playoffs concluding in June means a shorter offseason which I'd think most diehard hockey fans would be all for. It's not like having hockey in June should effect anybody from making other plans if they choose to do so.
Cut preseason in half, don't have 2 day breaks between playoff games and that should get it pretty close to the start of June.

Reactions: PuckG

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Cut preseason in half, don't have 2 day breaks between playoff games and that should get it pretty close to the start of June.
I think they already cut preseason down a bit, they could shorten it more. They have worked some down time in to the schedule which the players wanted. The week off for teams near mid season, with less back to back games scheduled. I wonder if the two days break because of extra long travel time is something players may have asked for. Getting rid of all star week will never happen.
US tv not going to want to push the schedule forward up into September when the NFL season is just getting rolling. Besides, If they did that, it’d just be that much later into the hockey season before espn started to pay any attention to the nhl.
They are going to schedule games for highest possible viewing audience even if that means wasted days waiting for the weekend. They also will be scheduling around the NBA. I think this may be more like the new normal. (Except for the 2 day travel breaks)

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
The Florida Panthers have Bill Zito the genius period end of story. And he hired a coach to change the whole picture. Hockey clubs will study what this man has done and follow…….

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I know your question was rhetorical, but anyway...

None of the first sentence matters when the organization is a joke/sham run by owners who care nothing about building a solid organization/team.

YARN | That's a big gamble with a $30 million plane. | Top Gun (1986) |  Video clips by quotes | 1d2a7d93 | 紗

ah....back when fighter jets were $30 mill rofl

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Is it the landscape? Or the "f*** you" attitude of a woman who has been hounded and ogled online for the last couple weeks?

edit: ROFL.....you can literally watch her followers count increasing in real time on X

She posted that video specifically to get more attention.

Reactions: T REX

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
At least we get some drama. If the oilers do that again in game 5 there's going to be some real panic set in.

Dieseloil

Jul 31, 2016
Yeah, that tracks. Tkuchuk is enough of a prick to have his family travel to Edmonton sit in the arena and take enough abuse so they leave early knowing they are going to lift the cup in Sunrise.

Of all things, this makes the most sense as Tkuchuk is that big an asshole.
Post of the decade hahahaha

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Panthers Rhienhart, Chucky at home and playoff Verhege will have big games tommorrow and lead this team to its first Stanley Cup. Bobs gonna be Bob and a raucous crowd makes a difference. GO CATS !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $10,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium