Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
What I don’t get is Edmonton has had the best player in the world ….where have you guys been ?

Last edited by a moderator:

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Since so many have been enamored with the +/- stat in these playoffs and recency bias.

In this series…
Darnell Nurse +2
Sasha Barkov +2
:eek3:

Top 4 D in this series in +/-
Broberg +4
Nurse +2
Forsling +2
OEL +2

Last edited:
Reactions: Czechboy

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Sweet Jesus how long are they going to drag this season out? It's freaking summertime, this is outrageous

Yeah game 7 (if necessary) is scheduled for 6/24. Didn't the draft used to be around then?

The NHL playoffs should be fully over no later than early June. June 15th should be the absolute latest acceptable ending for the cup.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1718648086829.png

Top 10 scorers in playoffs

Top 10 scorers in finals

1718648150799.png

No Drai or Bouch in top 10 after 4 games. Both at 2 assists and no goals. A 2 point game puts them in top 5 and probably gets us a win.

Basically, looking for some regression to the mean here. Connor is still on his pace.

Also, nice to see Oiler draft picks in top 10 in McLeod and Hollo! Very encouraging and Bro has looked good too! Hope all 3 are full time next season and in important roles.

Reactions: zar

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I don't think Skinner needs to steal games, the Oilers don't give up a ton of high danger scoring chances, he just needs to make the basic saves and the Oilers can't go cold offensively again. The offense has been a bigger issue (with credit to Bob and the Panthers) than the defense or Skinner in the first 3 games.
You said edm doesn’t give up a ton of high danger scoring chances yet despite that, skinner has still only been average at best. It hasn’t been good enough and that’s why I disagree. In order for edm to win this series he will have to play the games of his life. Better than average. Elite. Matching bob and then some. Because average goaltending won’t be good enough to win the next 3 games. There will also be one of these games where he probably faces upwards of 40+ shots as FLA goes for thr kill shot. I just have a feeling and he better be ready. Lol

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Since so many have been enamored with the +/- stat in these playoffs and recency bias.

In this series…
Darnell Nurse +2
Sasha Barkov +2

Top 4 D in this series in +/-
Broberg +4
Nurse +2
Forsling +2
OEL +2
Devoid of context, this doesn't say much.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Devoid of context, this doesn't say much.
What’s the context?

It’s an isolated bias slanted stat post, just like a million other posts on this site.

Where was your comment for all of those other posts?

Was it inaccurate?

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
This combined with the Panthers having likely seen the Deserve to Win stats makes it likely they forfeit the next 3 games imo

They are going to play hard, I am not suggesting they are going to lose those games like last one that would be foolish.

What I am saying is that they are not nearly as good as people think when Bob is human. And sadly for them, Bob becomes human when it matters most. It's basically been his defining characteristic over his career.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I know too many fans who have lost interest in this series. These are people who are generally glued to the t.v to watch the Stanley Cup final. I have no idea who in the NHL thought dragging this thing out for so long was a good idea but I have a strong feeling the ratings will show otherwise.
When the hardcore fans start tuning out the grand finale of the sport they love, that's called a red flag.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
I know too many fans who have lost interest in this series. These are people who are generally glued to the t.v to watch the Stanley Cup final. I have no idea who in the NHL thought dragging this thing out for so long was a good idea but I have a strong feeling the ratings will show otherwise.
When the hardcore fans start tuning out the grand finale of the sport they love, that's called a red flag.
On the flipside, Edmontonians are having a great time. It's not often we get to keep watching hockey while being out on patios or BBQ-ing.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
You said edm doesn’t give up a ton of high danger scoring chances yet despite that, skinner has still only been average at best. It hasn’t been good enough and that’s why I disagree. In order for edm to win this series he will have to play the games of his life. Better than average. Elite. Matching bob and then some. Because average goaltending won’t be good enough to win the next 3 games. There will also be one of these games where he probably faces upwards of 40+ shots as FLA goes for thr kill shot. I just have a feeling and he better be ready. Lol
Well yeah, I definitely disagree. All you have to do is look at the numbers, the Oilers have generally been good all playoffs/most of the season at limiting high danger chances. They've gotten below average NHL goaltending a good chunk of the playoffs and in this series, their offense was virtually non-existent in the first 3 games. They scored a grand total of 2 goals through the first 8 periods of this series. If Skinner had matched Bobrovsky in those games, this would have been a much different series.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
On the flipside, Edmontonians are having a great time. It's not often we get to keep watching hockey while being out on patios or BBQ-ing.
Haha. Ya if the hometown fans lose interest the league might as well pull the plug.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The playoffs should never go into June and there shouldn't be a 2 day break between games.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
They are 3 wins away from a Stanley Cup? I don’t know what point you’re trying to make

Are you implying McDavid isn’t the best player in the NHL? Lmfao
i think it's just a weak question ignoring all factors meant to dig at mcdavid and oilers

like saying if florida was any good, they would've won game four

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Yeah game 7 (if necessary) is scheduled for 6/24. Didn't the draft used to be around then?

The NHL playoffs should be fully over no later than early June. June 15th should be the absolute latest acceptable ending for the cup.

TBH....I wouldn't mind them starting the season in early-mid september. Kids are back in school and life in general has slowed down. I mean, we have to remember, October 1 to April 15 is 197 days.

So give or take, that is how long they have to play 82 games, travel, practice and do what we apparently (based on the demands for ending the season earlier, I assume we want a more compressed schedule??) all take for granted in spending time with our loved ones.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
How hard is this ? How long has Mcdavid been an Oiler and why haven’t you done better in the years you have had him. Simple question

K, so why with the tax advantages, geographic and lifestyle advantages that Florida is always touted as offering over a place such as Edmonton, did it take you guys 25 years to win another round round in the playoffs after your first 3, which all incidentally happened in year 3 of your existence in that SFC appearance. I mean, how many NMCs and NTCs do you guys appear on? Why didn't you do better?

Not that I actually expect you to answer because you had nothing to do with it....because it is DUMB to have someone on the boards answer to or be accountable for something they have nothing to do with.

We are fans. Nothing more.

Reactions: Skate2Stick and zar

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The playoffs should never go into June and there shouldn't be a 2 day break between games.
I see fans saying this but how do you fix that? Shorten the regular season? Shorten the playoffs? Consolidate the regular season schedule? Start in September instead of October?

I don't see the issue anyway. Having the playoffs concluding in June means a shorter offseason which I'd think most diehard hockey fans would be all for. It's not like having hockey in June should effect anybody from making other plans if they choose to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium