Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Really?

"Oilers beat themselves"
"The Deserve-to-Win-O-Meter!"
"The only reason we're down is Bob!"

No room to complain. If you're down 3-0 at the time, the rest is just noise.

With that being said, I don't believe a professional hockey team would ever lose on purpose.
I heard an interview with a professional team owner one time. He said players and coaches don't know how to play to lose. He said the only way that can happen is if the team plays lesser players as a management decision to "get a look" at or "give a chance to". That is usually how an organization would "tank" he said.

In a championship scenario, the concept of losing on purpose to another top notch team for ANY reason is thought process malpractice

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
Game 6....well if the team who was down 0-3 wins 2 in a row, now the pressure is fully on the other team. They have the momentum, are in the midst of a comeback, and even if they end up losing 4-2 a lot of people will say "damn they tried, and almost had it, too bad they were unlucky to win 1 of the first 3 games"

Game 7 - 50/50 anyone can win, and the team who was up 3-0 has all the pressure in the world, whereas the team who was down 0-3 already has done the impossible and has no real pressure.

Comebacks from 3 down are notoriously difficult for a couple of reasons. The team down will tend to ride their top ponies really hard and to do that 4 games straight with little margin for error is not easy. The other reason is that teams usually go down 3-0 for a reason

Personally I will take the team leading by 3-2 in game 6.

Reactions: kanadalainen

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
I think it has less to do with the Oilers beating them, than it has to do with the Panthers beating themselves. I don't think they have it in them to close this out.
This combined with the Panthers having likely seen the Deserve to Win stats makes it likely they forfeit the next 3 games imo

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
I think it has less to do with the Oilers beating them, than it has to do with the Panthers beating themselves. I don't think they have it in them to close this out.
Huh???

So,
When the Panthers win it is the skill of a better team and superior coaching

When the Oilers win, it is because the Panthers beat themselves.

Yeah...

What we can agree on is that Panther fan is VERY GOOD at beating themselves...

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
Sweet Jesus how long are they going to drag this season out? It's freaking summertime, this is outrageous
Training camp will start a month after the season ends... Just become World Cup Soccer and play year round.

My guess is that unless the NHL went back to the 1970 pay structure playing in civic arenas the schedule will stay like this. If you want the cool facilities and the players want these salaries, you have to generate as much revenue as you can.

Reactions: fahad203

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Training camp in late August, regular season starts late September, ends late March. Playoffs start early April and cup is awarded late May.

This is my ideal schedule. I would also reduce games played during the regular season but that’s another issue entirely

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
It's one win so I am not going to get too excited about it but it was a great sign that Edmonton's offense has started to breakthrough in the last couple of games although it may be too little too late at this point. Florida just has to try to play one more good game and it's over. Tomorrow's game is huge though. If the Oilers get the win, Florida is going to have a tough task coming back to Edmonton in game 6 because the arena and city is going to be rocking possibly like never before. We will see what happens, this series can end or Edmonton could potentially blow it wide open. At least for excitement sake, there is still some intrigue left for the finals even if it only lasts for another day.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Curious what Game 5 brings.... I don't expect the reverse sweep at all but a lead in Game 5 might make a few Cats nervous. They need to score early, build a lead and finish us. We need to plant every seed of doubt we can by scoring on Bob early and silencing the Florida crowd.

Reactions: illone84

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
It's one win so I am not going to get too excited about it but it was a great sign that Edmonton's offense has started to breakthrough in the last couple of games although it may be too little too late at this point. Florida just has to try to play one more good game and it's over. Tomorrow's game is huge though. If the Oilers get the win, Florida is going to have a tough task coming back to Edmonton in game 6 because the arena and city is going to be rocking possibly like never before. We will see what happens, this series can end or Edmonton could potentially blow it wide open. At least for excitement sake, there is still some intrigue left for the finals even if it only lasts for another day.
All depends on Bob. Does he get over his pulling and tear-fest? Or, does he question himself and hesitates?

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Comebacks from 3 down are notoriously difficult for a couple of reasons. The team down will tend to ride their top ponies really hard and to do that 4 games straight with little margin for error is not easy. The other reason is that teams usually go down 3-0 for a reason

Personally I will take the team leading by 3-2 in game 6.
I can't disagree that reversing the 0-3 is all but impossible, but specifically regarding playing the top guys too much, the 8-1 drubbing allowed McDavid and Draisaitl to have a leisurely sub-18 minute outing. The minutes for the blueline were also very balanced. Barkov and Reihnart led all forwards in TOI.

The extra day between games (and way-too-long-layoff before the series) will also help, and the lengthy travel should also benefit the Oilers who are used to logging more miles during the season.

But yeah, the odds are still overwhelmingly in Florida's favour.

Reactions: Calendal

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Prediction:
- If oilers somehow manage to win game 5, they will win the cup. Don't think Oilers will lose a game after that. Momentum is a crazy thing

Florida better close this in 5 else its lights out

• Haha
Reactions: T REX

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Skinner will need to have his best 3 games of his entire nhl career moving forward. If he has even one bad one, that’s it. I don’t see that happening.
I don't think Skinner needs to steal games, the Oilers don't give up a ton of high danger scoring chances, he just needs to make the basic saves and the Oilers can't go cold offensively again. The offense has been a bigger issue (with credit to Bob and the Panthers) than the defense or Skinner in the first 3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium