Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

RockTheRedDC

Apr 26, 2013
I called:

Panthers over Tampa Bay in 5.
Panthers over bruins in 6.
I said panthers over Rangers in 4. ( It was 6, but very easily could have been a sweep.)

Before the series I said panthers in 5.
Tell this to the rags fans... they believe rags is the best team Cats played so far...

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
IDK how anyone can blame Bob for that loss. The Panthers looked like an AHL team on most of the goals. Their defensive-zone coverage and overall effort was about as bad as I've ever seen in a playoff game.

I expect a significantly better Panthers team in game 5, and don't havemuch hope for the Oilers pushing it past 6 if it even comes to that.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
It was a great gesture by Maurice to allow Bob's backup to experience playing in an NHL finals game. Paul Maurice always has his players in mind.

I said the Oilers would be exhausted by game 4, and they are. They shot their load and now they need a nap. They will be a no-show in game 5.

A Stanley Cup-winning sieve.
Also not a bad idea to give Bob a bit of a physical and mental breather

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
It was the confluence of the 2 posts, Nurse penalty being 5 not 2, Skinner's save on Verhaeghe and Oilers getting 3rd goal after Fla cut it to 1 and was buzzing. It's only 1 game
One of the most hilarious posts I have seen in ages.....

So if I understand right, it was a confluence of posts, not getting more PP's (in a game where they would had been beeter declining the PP) and the Oilers playing good ;)

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
One of the most hilarious posts I have seen in ages.....

So if I understand right, it was a confluence of posts, not getting more PP's (in a game where they would had been beeter declining the PP) and the Oilers playing good ;)
If you understand right, it's the combination of things I mentioned that swayed the momentum and turned the game. If the 1st period would have ended tied or a 1 goal deficit, the rest of the game might have turned out differently. Maybe not. At this point, who knows and what's more who cares
Oilers kicked ass and are down 3-1 with 2 games on enemy ice.

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
IDK how anyone can blame Bob for that loss. The Panthers looked like an AHL team on most of the goals. Their defensive-zone coverage and overall effort was about as bad as I've ever seen in a playoff game.

I expect a significantly better Panthers team in game 5, and don't havemuch hope for the Oilers pushing it past 6 if it even comes to that.
Getting pulled mid-game is not good for any goalies psyche.

Reactions: KevinRedkey

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
If you understand right, it's the combination of things I mentioned that swayed the momentum and turned the game. If the 1st period would have ended tied or a 1 goal deficit, the rest of the game might have turned out differently. Maybe not. At this point, who knows and what's more who cares
Oilers kicked ass and are down 3-1 with 2 games on enemy ice.
You have to remember, though, that one of Skinner's mustache hairs fell to the ice, and when McDavid skated over it after killing off the Nurse penalty, he lost the edge on his left skate resulting in him being noticeably slower throughout the game. You can just as easily say that the Panthers were lucky that it wasn't 15-1.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
You have to remember, though, that one of Skinner's mustache hairs fell to the ice, and when McDavid skated over it after killing off the Nurse penalty, he lost the edge on his left skate resulting in him being noticeably slower throughout the game. You can just as easily say that the Panthers were lucky that it wasn't 15-1.
We can say anything we want. None of it matters. The Oilers won and down the road we go.

PuckLuckCup

Jun 15, 2024
Craig Simpson wants the Oilers to win. You could tell from the tone of his voice that he was smiling while he was talking all through Game 4. He was feeling very pleased and satisfied at the way that game was going.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

kingsfanman

Jul 24, 2010
Subconsciously, the Panthers wanted to lift the cup at home. This was the only safe opportunity to make that happen.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Craig Simpson wants the Oilers to win. You could tell from the tone of his voice that he was smiling while he was talking all through Game 4. He was feeling very pleased and satisfied at the way that game was going.
You seem very interested in the media and their happiness with the Oilers winning. Do you have a bone to pick with Sportsnet?

You have pretty much named everyone and their glee with an Oilers win..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad