Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I've been beating the drum for a few years now, the Panthers are an ok team who have been incredibly overrated because Bob became super human two playoffs in a row. And again for the 2nd in a row, as soon as he can win he becomes his sieve self again.

Look, the Panthers are in a lot of trouble. Yes they are up 3-1 but to be honest the Oilers have dominated them most of the series but lost the goaltending battle. The Panthers don't have the stones to sit Bob, he will continue to choke as he has done his entire career, exposing their D and Barkov as just ok.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
It was a great gesture by Maurice to allow Bob's backup to experience playing in an NHL finals game. Paul Maurice always has his players in mind.

I said the Oilers would be exhausted by game 4, and they are. They shot their load and now they need a nap. They will be a no-show in game 5.

I've been beating the drum for a few years now, the Panthers are an ok team who have been incredibly overrated because Bob became super human two playoffs in a row. And again for the 2nd in a row, as soon as he can win he becomes his sieve self again.

Look, the Panthers are in a lot of trouble. Yes they are up 3-1 but to be honest the Oilers have dominated them most of the series but lost the goaltending battle. The Panthers don't have the stones to sit Bob, he will continue to choke as he has done his entire career, exposing their D and Barkov as just ok.
A Stanley Cup-winning sieve.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ

The Panthers dominated every team they faced until the Oilers. Shesterkin and Swayman were even better than Bob and the only reason those series went to 6 games.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Yes he got pulled you want to argue over semantics ok fine the "Florida Panthers with bobrovsky as their starting goalie". Look what happened last year in finals as well.

It's not semantics.. you were factually wrong....twice. And proved you haven't watched or bothered to look up game stats.

What happened last year in finals? They got beat by a better team.

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
Not that I expect it to actually happen, but given how their season has gone, it would almost be fitting for this years Oilers to be the team to actually come back from being down 3-0 and win it all. Would make for a helluva 30 for 30 episode one day, that's for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: David71

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
They got in Bob's head at the end of game three. He is a cooked, the dam is broken.
so now neither team has a clutch goalie??

It's not semantics.. you were factually wrong....twice. And proved you haven't watched or bothered to look up game stats.

Exactly. The same thing happened to the Oilers .....only two rounds earlier.
Panthers win this in 5 games.....as many of us predicted

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
This is fantasy. Coaches gameplan to "shut down" McDavid via hooking, holding, slashing, and picking. It's been so normalized that he only draws a handful of calls vs. infractions. It's been suggested that he needs to start embellishing so that refs actually understand that an infraction occurred.

Brown actually did draw a call by embellishing, so there's one.

Barkov and Lorentz drew two softies by embellishing.

And going back to Bennett, he put on a pretty good show. He crawled off the ice while looking at the refs, then made sure to go down the tunnel when they called the review, but didn't miss a shift.

All teams do it to varying degrees, but this game was a pretty terrible example for your lols.
Oh please, Drai and rest of the crew have been flopping all over the place. I have to hand it to Mc David though, he doesn't do that.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Thanks. I haven’t put in hockey gear since I was 19. And we used suspenders back then. I’m assuming players still secure their shin pads by taping over their socks?
I did fiddle with one of these new sticks in a hockey store, and damn they're whippy. No wonder do many guys can shoot the puck now. I wish we were more like baseball and kept the wooden sticks in the nhl.
Shin pads have velcro straps built into them now for the most part. But yeah most guys still end up using tape over then sock as well for a tighter fit

The wood sticks were heavy compared to the composite now a days. You can always get stiffer flex on them to

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
Thanks. I haven’t put in hockey gear since I was 19. And we used suspenders back then. I’m assuming players still secure their shin pads by taping over their socks?
I did fiddle with one of these new sticks in a hockey store, and damn they're whippy. No wonder do many guys can shoot the puck now. I wish we were more like baseball and kept the wooden sticks in the nhl.
They don't use suspenders anymore???

• Haha
Reactions: Mike C

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023

I'm not factually wrong. Florida lost last year and this year and had 7, 8, 9 goals put by them.

When has this ever happened to a team in the finals? Bobrovsky has been the starter in these games. He's had a few mercy pulls but you're kidding yourself if you think this is normal.

Reactions: RMF5630

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
I'm not factually wrong. Florida lost last year and this year and had 7, 8, 9 goals put by them.

When has this ever happened to a team in the finals? Bobrovsky has been the starter in these games. He's had a few mercy pulls but you're kidding yourself if you think this is normal.
The lightning used to regularly lose in blowout fashion and they still won 2 in a row and made it a third time.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

"Bobrovsky over the last 2 playoff finals has had games where he has let in 7, 9 and now 8 goals."

Your words not mine.

Yes. Factually wrong.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Will catch the game Tuesday night ....or some of it. But I'm a
"Bobrovsky over the last 2 playoff finals has had games where he has let in 7, 9 and now 8 goals."

Your words not mine.

Yes. Factually wrong.
Bobrovsky the only goalie on this series considered in the top 50 candidates for the Con Smythe.

Yes let’s fly out their families only for them to lose on purpose. That makes perfect sense.
Nobody loses on purpose.....and his post didn't say they did.

• Haha
Reactions: Skate2Stick

Skate2Stick

Oct 12, 2013
Will catch the game Tuesday night ....or some of it. But I'm a
Bobrovsky the only goalie on this series considered in the top 50 candidates for the Con Smythe.

Nobody loses on purpose.....and his post didn't say they did.
If you say so.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013

Then you should have zero problem going in for $1K or $5k? Yes? Easy money if what you're saying is true. You got this! Take my money...I am offering you free $$$$. Cool?

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
The owners flew a charter up of front office personnel and families, it was karma that they got waxed last night.
Oh, and the Oilers weren’t just gonna roll over, as some predicted.
Thanks for clarifying. I hadn't heard the details.

Oh please, Drai and rest of the crew have been flopping all over the place. I have to hand it to Mc David though, he doesn't do that.
Your comment doesn't really contradict mine, so I'm not sure where the "Oh please" is coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad