Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Bobrovsky over the last 2 playoff finals has had games where he has let in 7, 9 and now 8 goals.

Oilers win next game, having to come back to Edmonton in the arena, you can't bet they'll be worried about an epic meltdown.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Hum. I just got to watch the game and I got to give props to the Oilers. They could have laid down and died, but they showed up and routed this fantastic team on the other side.

I wish that they had come out this way from the beginning, but if there is a team that can erase a 0-3 deficit it is definitely one with Connor McDavid on it.

I will fully believe if they are able to win game 5 in Sunrise.

If you look at the analytics - the Oilers actually dominated game one in terms of chances even harder than this game.

Game 2 Florida outplayed them, followed the "Florida dominated them" narrative, sure. But game 3 was basically break neck even.

Through three games - expected goals were 8.7 to 8.6 for Florida with 1.9 expected goals for Florida coming from empty net attempts.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Maybe watch the games... if you had you'd know Bo rovsky did not in fact give up 8 goals last night.
Oh I know but he would have if he hung around.

The score line Vs Vegas and now Edmonton shows a huge disconnect. Which bobrovsky will show up?

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
What was that stat Sportsnet flashed about teams getting a chance to clinch their first cup ever? All teams were 0-5 in the context they provided.

I think nerves played a massive part in how the Panthers played last night. They looked tight and nervous for most of the night. All the WAGs being their definitely effected things and made everything that much more prominent.

Oilers will see a much different Panthers team on Tuesday. Game 5 should be a doozy.
This 100%

They looked nervous from puckdrop and the Oilers played like they had nothing to lose

Reactions: kanadalainen

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
If the Oilers were to somehow win this series in 7 games, I wouldn't even be mad about it. You couldn't unless you're a Panthers fan. It would be the greatest comeback in pro sports history, which is why there is an extremely low chance that it happens.

This is how I felt after being butthurt from losing to Tampa in 2021. When they went to the finals the next year, after cheering for every team they faced to put them out, something in brain started to say if they do win a third in a row that would be incredible.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Would the narrative be different if the Panthers won the first two, lost game 3, and then won last night? They'd be 3-1 either way, and I'd much rather be in their position, regardless of how they got there.

Reactions: kanadalainen

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Would the narrative be different if the Panthers won the first two, lost game 3, and then won last night? They'd be 3-1 either way, and I'd much rather be in their position, regardless of how they got there.
I've always found it odd 23% of teams down 3-1 force a 7th game and 11% win it. The odd part is why does the same thing not happen when a team down 3-0 makes it 3-1

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
McDavid looked alot like Matthews last night....smiling while getting rag dolled , as Hyman was turtling on the ice.
Where were the rest of the Oilers ? sights on making it 10-1 I guess

Last edited:

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
saw this interesting stat... I wonder if they played florida or any atlantic playoff team(s) during that period.

If oilers mount such a comeback that would be LEGENDARY!

I think Panthers close this out in 5 but tbd....

Off the top of my head I think the 16-0 streak included most of the metropolitan but none of the Atlantic.

I think one of the two 8-0 streaks this year included the bolts and the hurricanes, but not sure if it was the one that came after a three game losing skid or not. And now that I think of it - the wins might have been separated?

Idk.

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
I started watching this team in pre season. Watched them get eviscerated on the ice and on HF in Fall. Then watched them tear shit up.

I don't think we reverse sweep but I am honestly happy I get to watch this team play another game. It's been a very memorable season.
It's been an epic ride for that team this season for sure.

Reactions: Czechboy

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
It’s like the dam finally broke and as a Panthers fan I’m not sure how you fix it. I think being at home will make a difference in a close out game.
The Oilers have nothing to lose in their minds but it won’t be enough as 20,000 make their presence known.

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
Bobrovsky over the last 2 playoff finals has had games where he has let in 7, 9 and now 8 goals.

Oilers win next game, having to come back to Edmonton in the arena, you can't bet they'll be worried about an epic meltdown.
Well, him crying on the bench was not a good indicator of handling it well...

Reactions: Race Dawg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad