Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (FLA Leads 3-1)

Who do you have?

• Florida in 4

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Florida in 5

Votes: 187 14.6%
  • Florida in 6

Votes: 377 29.5%
  • Florida in 7

Votes: 106 8.3%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 53 4.1%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 332 26.0%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 148 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png
IMG_6405.jpeg

Last edited:

snag

Feb 22, 2014
The Panthers have a complete 5th line ready to roll if needed. They learned from last season. They also have backup goalies ready to play if needed. The team is much larger than you see on the ice.

What is your definition of much? There are 20 players suited of a maximum 23 player roster.

NM.....forgot post season roster expansion lol. (and ignoring those in the system but not on roster)

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Indeed. Even down 0-3, Connor is the best player in the world. If anyone could drag his team to victory, it's him... One series doesn't change that.

I'm just happy Barkov is being seen on the big stage. Because defense is harder to quantify, people tend to rate names like Mack and Matthews above him or pretend it isn't close. Barkov belongs with the cream of the crop.

Bergeron
Kopitar
Toews
ROR

Hopefully, Barkov will join them soon. A defensive center does seem to be one way to build a champion.
I said this in another thread but if the Panthers pull it off, 10 of 19 cup winners since the 2005 lockout will have done it with Selke winning centers.

StrmSurge

Kochetkov
Mar 19, 2019
Walhalla, SC
For the first time ever I wanna see the Smythe shared between two players. I just can't pick one. They both have been so integral to Florida's success.

It will be a crime to leave out either Barkov or Bob for the Smythe IMO

For the first time ever I wanna see the Smythe shared between two players. I just can't pick one. They both have been so integral to Florida's success.

It will be a crime to leave out either Barkov or Bob for the Smythe IMO
Disagree. Bobrov is good , not great. The Florida defense props him up. Rags have what an elite goalie looks like. Course that doesn't matter to FLA.

It's actually a very easy decision.

Reactions: Skate2Stick

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
It's no surprise McDrai are out of gas, the Canucks forced them to be overplayed, and this was the predicted, inevitable outcome.

And they don't help themselves, expending as much energy whining to refs when they should be mentally preparing for the next puck drop. Sad and embarrassing all 'round - Bettman and Daly for the joke they have turned "officiating" (read: rigging games) into, the refs themselves for not having the integrity to call the rulebook and be held to account, and McDrai for playing that game.

As I said in the second round, win or lose the Canucks had a successful season and Tocchet would win the Adams, while the oil had been dealt a death blow. Holland will be gone, Knoblwhateveritsspelled will be gone by the end of next season, as will Drai soon to be followed by McDavid himself.

All courtesy of the Vancouver Canucks.

Sports is great entertainment, isn't it?
The finals are rigged for who exactly? Honestly asking

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Lets just wrap this up tonight so I can get into my draft research!

Let’s wrap this up tonight because it’s ridiculous that the 4th game of a 7 game Stanley cup final series is in the middle of June.

The Final should be over and done with by June 1st, never going to happen, but it should.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad