Sarnia Sting 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

stingwagoner

Dec 31, 2023
I'd like to see
Kostuch-Wainwright-Doucette
Brown-Di Iorio-Karimov
Filak-Edwards-Johnston
Franceschetti-Chamberlain-Moses

Luecke as 13th. Sim as 14th. Assuming Hall is out long term.

Johnston should bring a little extra to that 3rd line more so than Luecke can. good size, speed & more offensive ability. Bring some experience as well. Could even flip Doucette & Johnston to give kaeden a legitimate shot & give Edwards two OAs to play with, but I love the elite speed L1 has as is.
Looks to me like someone is on the move.
Franchesschetti 's play has been really good and something that buzz really needs. Johnston I think will fill in on 2nd line as Doucette plays same position so can't see him leaving top line. I think karimov gets game on line with
Karimov Wainwright Doucette
Brown Di iorio Johnston
Filak Edward's Leuke
Sim Chamberlain moses
Until hall franchesschetti and kostuch back then a deal will be made for asset.

That's how I see it think Johnson will fill in top 6 when possible and then play 3rd line with filak when Kostuch comes back

Last edited:

JAMER

Nov 13, 2019
In the trade article today Seca mentions. That Franceschetti and Bridgewater are day to day and Kostouch has started skating as of yesterday.

Reactions: StingUpdates

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
This is big news for the D, opening night will be exciting, love to see a healthy top 5
I had heard bodin was concussed at Sabres camp. Can't say it with 100% certainty but might explain why he didn't play last weekend.

Hopefully minor and is back this week. Be great to have the entire Dcore healthy to start the year

Gonna need it vs 2 high scoring teams in Windsor/Saginaw too.

stingwagoner

Dec 31, 2023
I'm sure Seca and Jeffery can handle it.
Not as if Letang does anything on bench the Leaders of team should have a grasp to motivate the younger guys (whoever they may be)

Last edited:
Reactions: howler2

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Still practicing with the team. As OHL4Life said if nobody claims him he can still be apart of the Sting. I assume he'll be sat this weekend with only 2 games.

Next week it's a 3in3. That'll be the tell if his time is done here fully.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Let's do some predictions. Where they finish, leading goal scorer, leading PT getter, surprise/breakout player. I'll go-

I think they push hard for 6th, but get 7th.

Leading goal scorer I'll go with Wainwright. I'll say he gets 29 goals.

Leading PT getting I'll also go with Wainwright with 69 points.

Surprise/breakout player I'll go with James Barr. Really high on Barr & think he'll have a really solid season. Hopefully he stays healthy & they let him run PP1.

Reactions: JAMER

Stingfan91

Sep 23, 2024
I think we finish 7th as well, gonna be a battling season but definitely gonna improve from last year, but possibly move up if a team like Guelph decides to sell at or before the deadline.

Leading scorer I’ll say browny with 32 goals, if he stays with di lorio and Ruslan for the year or even slide Kostuch on that line, that line will be dangerous night in and night out.

Points I will also go with browny for that same reason and I’ll say he gets 76 pts.

Surprise/breakout player I’ll go with bodin. He a type of player that we lacked last year with toughness. I think he becomes a dilly 2.0 and turns into a guy you don’t want to cross the blue line with.

JAMER

Nov 13, 2019
It's kinda hard for me to choose where we'll end up. The west is such a crap shoot this year except for London and Flint.

But I think we finish 6th possibly 5th depending on are goaltending.

Leading scorer for me karimov 33g

Top point getter for me Brown 71ptts

My breakout pick wainwright with 60-70pts.

stingwagoner

Dec 31, 2023
Prediction going out on limb with this.

Fischer "C" NHL drafted, profile pick

Wainwright "A" leader on and off ice obvious choice

Filak "A" oldest Vet, good leader

Brown "A" future leader good pick.

Last edited:

Sting 4 Life

Sep 5, 2024
I think they finish 7th if the goaltending can steal games

Leading scorer Brown with 31 goals

Top points Wainwright with 59 points

Breakout player Karimov 27 goals and 47 points

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
I'd say the Sting will end up in a battle for the final few playoff spots and finish 7th.

Ryan Brown leads the team with 32 goals. Brown and Wainwright will fight for the team scoring lead but Wainwright wins the battle with 71 points.

My breakout pick is Casey Bridgewater. I think he'll have a year similar to Mitch Young last season and finish with 25+ points.

I'm very excited to see the team this year. The young core looks outstanding but we have to remember that there will be growing pains. They're have the least amount of OHL game experience of any team in the league according to Elite Prospects. The talent is there but it's going to take some time

Last edited:

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Lines for the opener
Filak-Wainwright-Johnston
Brown-Di Iorio-Doucette
Kostuch-Edwards-Karimov
Sim-Chamberlain-Luecke

Bodin-Fischer
Hurt-Young
Barr-Bridgewater

Surzycia starts
Maillet backup

Interesting lines. Vet heavy line 1. Keep L2 together. Kostuch back! Great to see. What a fun line that trio could be. Moses must be hurt now too which sucks.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

JAMER

Nov 13, 2019
Lines for the opener
Filak-Wainwright-Johnston
Brown-Di Iorio-Doucette
Kostuch-Edwards-Karimov
Sim-Chamberlain-Luecke

Bodin-Fischer
Hurt-Young
Barr-Bridgewater

Surzycia starts
Maillet backup

Interesting lines. Vet heavy line 1. Keep L2 together. Kostuch back! Great to see. What a fun line that trio could be. Moses must be hurt now too which sucks.
Any idea why Moses is out?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad