Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Sadly, I don’t think Sarnia has any game-changers of the caliber of Robertson or DiPietro

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Nice win tonight. Keep the opposition to 4 or less, you’ve got a chance in today’s offense-happy (defense-absent) OHL.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Fun game to watch last night. I'll give credit where it's due. Hughes played a solid game. 1st goal he likely should have had. 2nd goal was just god awful defensive coverage. 3rd goal was just a nice one timer but was savable if he was quicker. 4th goal he was completely screened on a broken play.

Thank god Ruzicka broke out last night. His first 2 goals since late September. He needs to be contributing on the score sheet regularly. Hopefully this gets him going.

Our vets all showed up last night. Hugo has been all year but nice to see Salinitri and Franco firing on all cylinders. When everyone buys in and uses an aggressive fore check style of play, this team is hard to play against. I really like the play of Guy lately. He's quietly gone about his business and has contributed some decent secondary scoring with 7 goals for 14 pts so far this season on a 3rd line role.

This should be a nice little confidence booster heading east. With Kingston selling off two of their big guns, a win there SHOULD be do-able. Ottawa and Oshawa...well....yikes..lol. We shall see.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Anyone notice that our offence is first in the west? Boy if we had above average (not elite, so we don’t have to trade much to acquire) we would be higher in the standings, I’d say 2nd in the division and 5th in the conference ?

Last edited:

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Maybe even higher, our goaltenders have lost about 4 or 5 games for us... a lot to think about moving forward

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Hughes has played two decent games so maybe he has settled down in net, I hope he can just be steady for the guys infront of him

three dog night

May 3, 2014
I would love to see the math behind you breaking it all down
Robertson four second three thirds mid or late pick
Paquette three second two third mid pick might be back for his over age season
Martin third and fifth wild card
Bill C two second one third mid or late pick could develop into a top defence men probably a first round pick in the NHL

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
GF 91 GA 100 which should make you a .500 team

Pretty close 9-10-2-2

And with decent goaltending and a Western Conference average of 81 goals against so far this season that record could easily be 5-7 games above .500

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
2nd most goals scored in the OHL
2nd most goals allowed in the OHL
Ottawa Senators NHL - 2nd best goals for; worst goals against- record 9-10-3. Similar fate as the Sting. Pretty much what you get for that type of performance.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I kinda put this trade together, do people think a trade like this is wise for the sting to make to get 01’s in return for overagers? Sarnia sends salinitri, Elliott to Ottawa for Graeme Clark, lucas Peric and a 2nd and third draft picks.... think the sting could get more or less? And should they do it in mid December closer to the deadline? I’m pretty sure Ottawa only has 1 overager, and they pick up a good veteran two way dman and solid point producing veteran forward and send back younger 01 players that are established ohlers and twos picks

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
I kinda put this trade together, do people think a trade like this is wise for the sting to make to get 01’s in return for overagers? Sarnia sends salinitri, Elliott to Ottawa for Graeme Clark, lucas Peric and a 2nd and third draft picks.... think the sting could get more or less? And should they do it in mid December closer to the deadline? I’m pretty sure Ottawa only has 1 overager, and they pick up a good veteran two way dman and solid point producing veteran forward and send back younger 01 players that are established ohlers and twos picks

I don’t think there’s any chance the 67’s trade Graeme Clark.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
What about Jack Quinn

Ottawa not trading Clarke (Ottawa kid), Quinn (Ottawa Valley kid) or Peric (a +15 '01 D-man). With their cupboard full and plenty of roster room (incl 2 OA spots), unlikely 67's trade any roster players. No pressure to make a move with 10-point cushion in the East.

Reactions: davewheeler

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
What about Jack Quinn
Nope and Peric is also not going anywhere. Besides with all the picks we have I think we can do better for overagers. We also don't really need a d-man. If we can't get a Saigeon/ Maksimovich etc I could see them considering Salinitri but likely a pick deal only. Clarke/Quinn are local boys and Peric is our future on D.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
True but Mitch Eliot would come in and be the teams most offensive defenceman, and he has a plus 3 rating on a team with the 2nd most goals against because of terrible goaltending, and what's the point of being the best in the east? The goal is to win it all, and London is the best team in the league after getting Bouchard and formenton back I’m pretty sure they haven’t lost and might not for awhile, might aswell use one of the OA spots on the best OA defenceman in the O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad