Sarnia Sting 2018-19 Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Entertaining game last night. Barrie seemed to have brought their swim team with them. Some very questionable embellishments along with sketchy officiating. Sarnia PK went 8 for 8. Langevin was stellar. He keeps getting more and more comfortable and his skill set is starting to shine through. IMO he has earned the starter position and the start vs Windsor on Saturday. Really thought Sarnia was going to walk away with the win and I thought they deserved the 2 points more then Barrie. Hard to keep the momentum going when your on the PK constantly. At the same time Sarnia had some prime chances to finish off Barrie in OT but couldn't get it done. Either way it was a fun game to watch and a point is better then no points.

Win over the Spits on Saturday and 4-0-1 in the last 5 games will be a big step forward.

Last edited:

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
on a side note, the Sens have returned Formenton to the Knights. Look for Bouchard to get sent back from Edmonton in the next few days.....so it begins...lol

Why can't stuff like that happen to us?!?! :(

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Entertaining game last night. Barrie seemed to have brought their swim team with them. Some very questionable embellishments along with sketchy officiating. Sarnia PK went 8 for 8. Langevin was stellar. He keeps getting more and more comfortable and his skill set is starting to shine through. IMO he has earned the starter position and the start vs Windsor on Saturday. Really thought Sarnia was going to walk away with the win and I thought they deserved the 2 points more then Barrie. Hard to keep the momentum going when your on the PK constantly. At the same time Sarnia had some prime chances to finish off Barrie in OT but couldn't get it done. Either way it was a fun game to watch and a point is better then no points.

Win over the Spits on Saturday and 4-0-1 in the last 5 games will be a big step forward.

LOL i was thinking the same about the swim team. I was looking forward to Suzuki but got tired of his whining to the ref and flopping around.It was entertaining game.Hats off to Langevin.Elliot has been a surprise to me.Maybe practice line changes next week at practice.Freakin brutal.Stupid penalties.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Agree totally with your assessment of whining and flopping.
Good game by Langevin and the defense. Keeping goals against down to 2 or less is essential with Perreault and Rees away/out. Team collapsing into slot area similar to what Kitchener did to us in last year’s playoffs. Blocking tons of shots and filling shooting lanes. Just have to be the first on the rebounds when you play that way.
We appear to be as good as most teams out there perhaps not better, but certainly as good.

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
on a side note, the Sens have returned Formenton to the Knights. Look for Bouchard to get sent back from Edmonton in the next few days.....so it begins...lol

Why can't stuff like that happen to us?!?! :(

Sting had some bad luck with both Chychrun and Konecny going directly to the Show before anyone expected. You can count on one hand the number of defencemen that make the NHL at 18. Management rolled the dice on this and they got stung.
I expect to see London have a big surge soon especially with Formenton coming back.If Bouchard comes back then its game over. I'd expect to see big seperation in the West soon.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Sting had some bad luck with both Chychrun and Konecny going directly to the Show before anyone expected. You can count on one hand the number of defencemen that make the NHL at 18. Management rolled the dice on this and they got stung.
I expect to see London have a big surge soon especially with Formenton coming back.If Bouchard comes back then its game over. I'd expect to see big seperation in the West soon.

Well Edmonton just announced that they have sent Bouchard back. lol

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Windsor tonight... their 3rd in 3 nights but they’ve been scored on only once in 54 shots in the first two. Hmmm...

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Anyone watch the Windsor game? Thoughts? I see Hughes got the start...

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
As people who see them every game, what would you guess the price tag on Sean Josling and Ryan McGregor would be if a trade were to happen tonight for hypothetical purpose

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Possible that sting are the worst team in the conference right now. Smoked by the two teams with worse records (at the time we played them) Windsor and Flint. Yikes. Keep the puck out of the net

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Would you say McGregor is a whole lot better than Josling or is it somewhat close?
McGregor more of a playmaker, Josling more of a finisher in my opinion. McGregor quiet and workmanlike, Josling more fiery and scrappy. Either could help 2nd or 3rd line on a contender. Both very good penalty killers

Reactions: Generalsupdates

Old hound

Feb 27, 2018
Lots of empty seats at OHL Russia game. Were tickets that expensive or lack of interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad