Sarnia Sting 2015 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I will be interested in seeing what kind of head coach Hatcher will be. He was a slow X's and O's type defensmen for amazing coaches in Gainey and Hitchcock. i believe he will run a pro like system that gets the most out of his players.

StungbySting

Jun 10, 2011
Sarnia
I expect a number of trades before all is said & done.

I agree with you, but I think any major trade will happen after the season has started. The team is waiting to find out Zacha's future. That will be a HUGE plus if he is returned to the team. The team has 3 legit top 4 d-men in Chychrun, Jacobs and Spinozzi. Can one of King, Core or Black step up to fill the final top 4 spot or will they trade to acquire that piece (OA d-man)? Goaltending could be an issue. Do they go with Fazio who has played in a total of 32 OHL games in two years or trade for a veteran? There shouldn't be much competition up front. I expect Kyrou to take his game to the next level and be a leader on this team. Looking forward to training camp and the start of the season

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
I agree with you, but I think any major trade will happen after the season has started. The team is waiting to find out Zacha's future. That will be a HUGE plus if he is returned to the team. The team has 3 legit top 4 d-men in Chychrun, Jacobs and Spinozzi. Can one of King, Core or Black step up to fill the final top 4 spot or will they trade to acquire that piece (OA d-man)? Goaltending could be an issue. Do they go with Fazio who has played in a total of 32 OHL games in two years or trade for a veteran? There shouldn't be much competition up front. I expect Kyrou to take his game to the next level and be a leader on this team. Looking forward to training camp and the start of the season

No way we are contending for the div without experience in net.Also we used a high pick to draft Aidan Hughes who was 1 of the top goalies available.He should be our #2 in net & not moving here to play jr B.

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
From reading some posts here it sounds like Guelph and Sarnia could match up well as trading partners. You guys need a goalie and some depth on D, well we likely have Nichols and Garcia available.

Needs are younger forwards with top 6 upside, any matches? Picks work as well.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
jolly roger: Davis Brown signed with Sollentuna HC located in Stockholm County.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
No way we are contending for the div without experience in net.Also we used a high pick to draft Aidan Hughes who was 1 of the top goalies available.He should be our #2 in net & not moving here to play jr B.

It would be best for Hughes to play Jr B next year. Also, don't forget, Fazio was also one of the top goalies drafted in his draft year. IMO, Fazio will be fine as a #1 goalie. There is no need to waste young talent or draft picks on a vet goalie when next season is the year this team is built for.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010

Don't forget about Schlichting for that 4th spot if he can get away from the injury bug.

StungbySting

Jun 10, 2011
Sarnia
Don't forget about Schlichting for that 4th spot if he can get away from the injury bug.

It's hard not to forget about Schlichting considering he's only played 63 out of 136 potential games in two years. Last year was a write off considering he only played in 12 games. No way can you start the season thinking he will be in the top 4. I'm not saying he can't be a top 4 d-man, I'm just saying you can't count on a guy who has missed so much hockey to play such an important role. I'd rather see King fill in that top 4 spot if no one else is brought in. King is a right handed shot and could benefit from playing with Spinozzi

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX

Hopefully, the new management give Fazio a chance to see what he can do as the main guy. Under the old regime previous management seemed to be incapable of developing a top end goalie in house. It was a never ending cycle of giving up draft picks for veteran goalies that had a year (or less ) remaining in their OHL careers. It would be nice to see that merry go round stop.

It's the age old catch 22 - how can you get experience if you don't get a chance to play ? Both Fazio and Hughes look like they have a lot of potential . If the new management can actually develop a goalie in house it would be a big step in the right direction IMO.

hockeyinmyblood

Nov 11, 2014
I agree, let them both play. It is a bit of a gamble with Fazio, but let's give him a chance to prove himself. Hughes should be the back-up, let's get him some OHL time in where possible.

road warrior

May 25, 2014
From reading some posts here it sounds like Guelph and Sarnia could match up well as trading partners. You guys need a goalie and some depth on D, well we likely have Nichols and Garcia available.

Needs are younger forwards with top 6 upside, any matches? Picks work as well.

Hamilton's got the same potential as a trading partner for the Sting -
Bulldogs have a top tier OA goalie to move and they need offense.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
Hamilton's got the same potential as a trading partner for the Sting -
Bulldogs have a top tier OA goalie to move and they need offense.

I don't think we have much offence to spare... any idea who'd be our likely swap... or who would u like to see head ur way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad