Prospect Info: San Jose Sharks Top Prospect #2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
HERE WE GO! It’s that time of the year again where we all need a little positivity to distract us from the Sharks so let’s look at the Sharks prospects!

Vote for whoever you think is the Sharks top prospect left. The whole point of this is to get different opinions and different values. Use whatever definition you want for top. If you value long term potential, NHL readiness, translatable skills, whatever it is, go for it!

As always, it’s more fun if you post why you feel your vote is the top prospect as it draws more discussion and interactivity. NO FIGHTING IN THIS THREAD.

This will stay open for 2 days. Cut off is 40 NHL games. Let me know who I should add next.

To add: Scott Reedy, Artemi Kniazev, Santeri Hatakka, Michael Fisher, Jake Furlong, Gannon Laroque

Rankings:
1. William Eklund-92.9%

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I feel like voting birds even though I kind of think if coe makes it he has a longer career

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Pretty pathetic list once you get past Eklund. It’s almost like Doug Wilson Jr didn’t do that great of a job and deserved to be fired.
Mornin' Hodge!

morning_hodge.gif

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Bordeleau has confidence but he was not an NHL player by a longshot last season, despite his production. Hoping for more growth from him. Voted Gaudreau
Embarrassing to see the laughing emoji reactions to this when it’s so obviously true. This fanbase is in for a rude awakening in a few years when nobody from the current prospect pool has established themselves in the NHL apart from Eklund.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Bordeleau has confidence but he was not an NHL player by a longshot last season, despite his production. Hoping for more growth from him. Voted Gaudreau

Pretty pathetic list once you get past Eklund. It’s almost like Doug Wilson Jr didn’t do that great of a job and deserved to be fired.
Both of these posts are f***ing hilarious. Yep you just luck into 5 points in your first 8 games. But again this isn’t a place for a bunch of negativity. You can vote and post your reason for voting and not be a total asshole about things.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Embarrassing to see the laughing emoji reactions to this when it’s so obviously true. This fanbase is in for a rude awakening in a few years when nobody from the current prospect pool has established themselves in the NHL apart from Eklund.
So in all seriousness, do you really think that with AHL time to work on his defense and all-around game, Bordeleau is unlikely to establish himself as an NHL player? Or that at least one of Coe, Robins, or Wiesblatt won't become a useful bottom-6 player? It seems that at least a few people will be able to make it.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
So in all seriousness, do you really think that with AHL time to work on his defense and all-around game, Bordeleau is unlikely to establish himself as an NHL player? Or that at least one of Coe, Robins, or Wiesblatt won't become a useful bottom-6 player? It seems that at least a few people will be able to make it.
I don’t think Bordeleau has the skill, especially in the goal scoring department, to make it as a legit top six forward in the NHL and I don’t think he will ever improve the rest of his game to the point that he is trusted to play consistent bottom six minutes. Similar story with Gushchin, Coe and Robins. Maybe Wiesblatt or Raska sticks as a fourth line energy winger.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I don’t think Bordeleau has the skill, especially in the goal scoring department, to make it as a legit top six forward in the NHL and I don’t think he will ever improve the rest of his game to the point that he is trusted to play consistent bottom six minutes. Similar story with Gushchin, Coe and Robins. Maybe Wiesblatt or Raska sticks as a fourth line energy winger.

And if you’re wrong, will you write a poem about how wrong you were and post it publicly?

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
And if you’re wrong, will you write a poem about how wrong you were and post it publicly?
He can't be wrong, and it's highly unlikely he would admit it. There would be some sort of bet hedging. He plays the odds based on large sample sizes and doesn't analyze players individually. It's the easiest route to take because more often than not he'll be correct. It's a much larger issue than is being presented given the massive amount of variables, but if you just go off equivalency scores, it's hard to be wrong. The majority of players fail to make the NHL, across all NHL teams. Eklund gets respect because he's one of those few outliers where it's harder for him not to make the NHL than to make it.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
I think Gushchin could challenge Merkley at #3 depending on your thoughts on Merkley. 4 and below is pretty wide open though
I think Gushchin may well develop into a better player than Merkley but Merkley still has far more upside than he does. He's just unlikely to reach it. So I would rank Merkley at 3 even knowing he is much more lily to bust. But that's just my opinion.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I think Gushchin may well develop into a better player than Merkley but Merkley still has far more upside than he does. He's just unlikely to reach it. So I would rank Merkley at 3 even knowing he is much more lily to bust. But that's just my opinion.
To me theres a world where Merkley works out, but it just wont be with the sharks.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad