Prospect Info: San Jose Sharks #6 Prospect

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
HERE WE GO! It’s that time of the year again where we all need a little positivity to distract us from the Sharks so let’s look at the Sharks prospects!

Vote for whoever you think is the Sharks top prospect left. The whole point of this is to get different opinions and different values. Use whatever definition you want for top. If you value long term potential, NHL readiness, translatable skills, whatever it is, go for it!

As always, it’s more fun if you post why you feel your vote is the top prospect as it draws more discussion and interactivity. NO FIGHTING IN THIS THREAD.

This will stay open for 2 days. Cut off is 40 NHL games. Let me know who I should add next.

To add: Scott Reedy, Santeri Hatakka, Jake Furlong, Nick Cicek, Magnus Chrona, Ethan Cardwell

Rankings:
1. William Eklund-92.9%
2. Thomas Bordeleau-87.5%
3. Ryan Merkley-55.6%
4. Daniil Gushchin-48.3%
5. Gannon Laroque-24.7%

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Bystedt. Will surpass the likes of Coe and Robins in due time.

Wanted to add, I was pleasantly surprised with Ozzy’s performance in the 3 on 3 scrimmage. I don’t think he’s far off as far as his skill and talent. He’s firmly in the top 10 for me.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Selachimorpha

Feb 18, 2015
This group is tough to rank: Laroque, Bystedt, Lund, Havelid, Ozzy, Coe. Can possibly throw Robbins in there too. Went with Bystedt personally, but also had him at 4/5.

Essentially with the 11th overall trade down, we traded who would have been our #2 prospect for 3 prospects in what I'd call tier 2b.

Tier 1: Eklund, Bordeleau
Tier 2a: Merkley, Guschin
Tier 2b: Laroque, Bystedt, Lund, Havelid, Ozzy, Coe

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Not that I would vote for him yet, but I am surprised at how many people are so high on Merkley but don’t seem to even acknowledge Kniazev. Considering Kniazev is a tiny bit younger and produced more offense in his first AHL season than Merkley did. I know the +/- number was abysmal last season but offensively he’s pretty good. Not as flashy as Merkley but a better shooter and sometimes looks like the smarter player. Just wondering why so much love for Merks and none for Artemi.

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
Not that I would vote for him yet, but I am surprised at how many people are so high on Merkley but don’t seem to even acknowledge Kniazev. Considering Kniazev is a tiny bit younger and produced more offense in his first AHL season than Merkley did. I know the +/- number was abysmal last season but offensively he’s pretty good. Not as flashy as Merkley but a better shooter and sometimes looks like the smarter player. Just wondering why so much love for Merks and none for Artemi.
For me, he’s not impressed as much as Merkley when I have watched him play. Perhaps he can better, but I have yet to see it.

Reactions: themelkman

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California

Agreed, I think if Kniazev can put it all together and keep getting better as he did in the latter half of last year he can be a really solid #4 defenseman who can put up points and play good defense.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I’m getting real tired of this AR-57 disrespect
If we can't log on sometime soon, we'll know he checked the servers into oblivion.

Personally I've been voting for Coe since #4.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Went with Lund. I think his offensive transition game is interesting from the clips I've seen. Maybe a little like Coe but a little more end to end. This tier is all basically on the same level though

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad