Prospect Info: San Jose Sharks #14 Prospect

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
HERE WE GO! It’s that time of the year again where we all need a little positivity to distract us from the Sharks so let’s look at the Sharks prospects!

Vote for whoever you think is the Sharks top prospect left. The whole point of this is to get different opinions and different values. Use whatever definition you want for top. If you value long term potential, NHL readiness, translatable skills, whatever it is, go for it!

As always, it’s more fun if you post why you feel your vote is the top prospect as it draws more discussion and interactivity. NO FIGHTING IN THIS THREAD.

This will stay open for 2 days. Cut off is 40 NHL games. Let me know who I should add next.

To add: Eetu Makiniemi, Mason Beaupit, Alex Young, Liam Gilmartin, Artemi Guryev, Max McCue

Rankings:
1. William Eklund-92.9%
2. Thomas Bordeleau-87.5%
3. Ryan Merkley-55.6%
4. Daniil Gushchin-48.3%
5. Gannon Laroque-24.7%
6. Filip Bystedt-39.0%
7. Brandon Coe-43.5%
8. Mattias Havelid-34.3%
9. Cam Lund-41.0%
10. Ozzy Wiesblatt-32.8%
11. Benjamin Gaudreau-28.8%
12. Artemi Kniazev-35.3%
13. Tristen Robins-29.1%

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
I'm still intrigued by Fisher. He seems like very Boom/Bust and that'a pretty good for where we picked him. The ? comes form the fact his competition isn't great. From what I read he is a big right shot with exceptional skating. Lots of upside but is a long term project, which is pretty neat, especially if we're not gon a be good for a while.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
I'm still intrigued by Fisher. He seems like very Boom/Bust and that'a pretty good for where we picked him. The ? comes form the fact his competition isn't great. From what I read he is a big right shot with exceptional skating. Lots of upside but is a long term project, which is pretty neat, especially if we're not gon a be good for a while.
I think he will have a big freshman year at Northeastern and climb this list fast.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
You guys are seriously sleeping on Strauss Mann. I had him top 5.
I do like Mann but there’s a few reasons why he fell. He’s a bit undersized as a goalie (6 foot 175 pounds) and he’s a bit older at 23 (almost 24, next week). He still could take huge steps as that’s still not at peak age but it’s less likely the older he gets. He also (through no fault of his own) just hasn’t played in the AHL or NHL. Again not his fault but at 24, hard to really judge it. The last reason and probably the biggest is goalies are so freaking hard to judge. I mean Ben Gaudreau is a great example of this. You look at his stats and say meh not good but you look at the context of tire fire team, not great staff/system, etc. and he actually had a pretty great year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad