Prospect Info: San Jose Sharks #10 Prospect

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the #10 prospect for the Sharks?

• Jack Thompson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jake Furlong

• Yegor Rimashevsky

• Colton Roberts

• Mattias Havelid

• Magnus Chrona

• Georgi Romanov

• Christian Kirsch

• Yaroslav Korostelyov

• David Klee

• Cam Lund

• Theo Jacobsson

• Reese Laubach

• Tristen Robins

• Axel Landen

• Joey Muldowney

• Eli Barnett

• Michael Fisher

• Timofei Spitserov

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
You know the drill. Age cutoff 25, NHL games played cutoff 40. Poll will close after 2 days unless the results are incredibly lopsided.

1. Macklin Celebrini ~95%
2. Will Smith ~90%
3. Sam Dickinson ~95%
4. Quentin Musty ~49%
5. Shakir Mukhamadullin ~77%
6. Igor Chernyshov ~39%
7. Filip Bystedt ~34%
8. David Edstrom ~54%
9. Kasper Halttunen ~69%

Reactions: landshark

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
I went with Emberson because he is the only one who has a clear chance of being a useful NHL player.

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
I gotta be honest, this is the first time I’ve participated in these votes and had a meaningful opinion this far into the voting. And like, I still got a ways to go before I’m at “who?”.

It’s pretty shocking the quality and depth of this prospect pool relative to the last 10-15 years.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I went with Emberson because he is the only one who has a clear chance of being a useful NHL player.
Especially with positional needs, this was my thinking too. If someone came to me offering Gushchin or Graf I'd decline fairly quickly. Cagnoni gives me pause, but even then I need some sure things on the blueline and Emberson is that.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Emberson isn’t a prospect for me, otherwise he would have been my choice. It gets really mushy from this point on, so I decided to go by recency bias from a shinny game and voted Pohlkamp.

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Absurd Emberson is in this list and winning the vote.
Emberson isn’t a prospect for me, otherwise he would have been my choice. It gets really mushy from this point on, so I decided to go by recency bias from a shinny game and voted Pohlkamp.
This seems unfair; the standards are the standards; the word "prospect" is just a fill-in. After all, in my eyes, Eklund is still a prospect, as are Bordeleau and Thrun. But that's not the definition being used here.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Seeing the results of this poll, I've concluded that many of you hated DWjr because he held up the mirror...

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
went Gushchin here. Havelid would be my next choice and I find it surprising he hasn't gotten any votes at 10. Is he starting to fade out?

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Interesting to see 0 votes for Cardwell but 6 for Graf. What do people think makes Graf a superior prospect to Cardwell? They're exactly the same age only Cardwell has a 23 goal 40 point AHL season already under his belt.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Interesting to see 0 votes for Cardwell but 6 for Graf. What do people think makes Graf a superior prospect to Cardwell? They're exactly the same age only Cardwell has a 23 goal 40 point AHL season already under his belt.
I feel like Cardwell is just someone nobody thinks about. He seems to be trending in the right direction to get some NHL time, at least if the Sharks didnt already have 47 bottom 6 players to choose from

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I voted for Graf - for this prospect exercise Ive been voting on what prospect I think has the most trade value haha. So that's that for me, I guess

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I personally think Cardwell is the next surefire sharks energy guy, but my heart voted for Wetsch

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

It's likely just exposure. Graf made noise by signing with the Sharks and got some run on the main roster at the end of last season. Cardwell, meanwhile, just sort of quietly chugs along as a mid-round pick who only played for the Cuda last season (and therein lies the problem: it was hard enough to get people to watch the terrible Sharks team, never mind having anyone pay attention to the almost as bad Barracuda whose only leg up on the sharks was that they were "just" in the basement of their division and not also the conference and league)

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
It's likely just exposure. Graf made noise by signing with the Sharks and got some run on the main roster at the end of last season. Cardwell, meanwhile, just sort of quietly chugs along as a mid-round pick who only played for the Cuda last season (and therein lies the problem: it was hard enough to get people to watch the terrible Sharks team, never mind having anyone pay attention to the almost as bad Barracuda whose only leg up on the sharks was that they were "just" in the basement of their division and not also the conference and league)
Ironically that is exactly what’s happening with Emberson right now. Someone planted the seed and now it’s growing out of control. :laugh:

Reactions: Patty Ice

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Ironically that is exactly what’s happening with Emberson right now. Someone planted the seed and now it’s growing out of control. :laugh:
Very unfair of you to suggest that my bringing up Emberson is why he is doing well. After all, Ty Emberson, who is under 25 and with under 40 NHL GP, is a good prospect in his own right. Ty Emberson played 30 games last year, in which he was excellent; often the best defenseman on the ice.

Ty Emberson (that's Emberson, not Embersen) deserves to be on this list on his own merits. Your mis-inclusion of him (him being Ty Emberson) on this list was deliberate and calumnious. You can atone by only voting for Ty Emberson from here on out. And all the feckless rest of you who knew he (he being Ty Emberson) should have been on the list but stayed silent, knowing your favored candidate could not hold a candle to Ty Emberson...expiation is possible! Pledge to vote for Ty Emberson from this day to your last day.

No Colin Grift, an outsider and interloper who, people are saying, was not drafted by the Sharks. No Daniil "pipsqueak" Gushchin, who is so tiny that he had to have two i's in his name so that people could see them. And since it's being brought up...NO to Ethan Cardwell, whose very name highlights that he's being propped up by the nefarious gambling interests that have so sullied our good game.

Ty today, Ty tomorrow, Ty forever.

Ty for listening!

Last edited:

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Very unfair of you to suggest that me bringing up Emberson is the reason he is doing well. After all, Ty Emberson, who is under 25 and with under 40 NHL GP, is a good prospect in his own right. Ty Emberson played 30 games last year, in which he was excellent; often the best defenseman on the ice.

Ty Emberson (that's Emberson, not Embersen) deserves to be on this list on his own merits. Your misinclusion of him (him being Ty Emberson) on this list was deliberate and calumnous. You can atone by only voting for Ty Emberson from here on out. And all the feckless rest of you who knew that he should have been on the list but stayed quiet, knowing your own favored candidate could not hold a candle to Ty Emberson...expiation is possible! Pledge to vote for Ty Emberson from this day to your last day.

No Colin Grift, an outsider and interloper who, people are saying, was not drafted by the Sharks. No Daniil "pipsqueak" Guchshin, who is so tiny that he had to have two i's in his name so that people could see them. And since it's being brought up, of course no to Ethan Cardwell, who's very name highlights that he's being propped up by the nefarous gambling interests that have so sullied our good game.

Ty for listening!
1721250263897.gif

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Very unfair of you to suggest that me bringing up Emberson is the reason he is doing well. After all, Ty Emberson, who is under 25 and with under 40 NHL GP, is a good prospect in his own right. Ty Emberson played 30 games last year, in which he was excellent; often the best defenseman on the ice.

Ty Emberson (that's Emberson, not Embersen) deserves to be on this list on his own merits. Your misinclusion of him (him being Ty Emberson) on this list was deliberate and calumnous. You can atone by only voting for Ty Emberson from here on out. And all the feckless rest of you who knew that he should have been on the list but stayed quiet, knowing your own favored candidate could not hold a candle to Ty Emberson...expiation is possible! Pledge to vote for Ty Emberson from this day to your last day.

No Colin Grift, an outsider and interloper who, people are saying, was not drafted by the Sharks. No Daniil "pipsqueak" Gushchin, who is so tiny that he had to have two i's in his name so that people could see them. And since it's being brought up, of course no to Ethan Cardwell, who's very name highlights that he's being propped up by the nefarous gambling interests that have so sullied our good game.

Ty for listening!

One of the best posts I have ever read here. I am dying lol

Sawbu

Dec 30, 2020
I'm not sure about the criteria, but does Valteri Pulli count as a prospect? I wouldn't have voted for him, but he's not on the list at all. I have not followed at all how he has played in the ahl

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I'm not sure about the criteria, but does Valteri Pulli count as a prospect? I wouldn't have voted for him, but he's not on the list at all. I have not followed at all how he has played in the ahl
He should, and probably has more business being on the ballot than, say, Spitserov.

Reactions: Sawbu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad