News Article: Sam Rosen To Retire After Next Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
There is only one man I think we all unanimously agree SHOULD be the one to take over:

images

• Haha
Reactions: Peltz

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The Post reported that Kenny Albert is the odds-on favorite to replace Sam. I imagine that’s true and MSG will offer a lot of money to entice him. He’s not everyone’s cup of tea but he’s got pedigree, a signature style, and he’s a true pro—he basically checks all the boxes for MSG corporate.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
The Post reported that Kenny Albert is the odds-on favorite to replace Sam. I imagine that’s true and MSG will offer a lot of money to entice him. He’s not everyone’s cup of tea but he’s got pedigree, a signature style, and he’s a true pro—he basically checks all the boxes for MSG corporate.
That would be fine. Honestly, I can't really think of someone I truly love as an announcer these days other than Sam Rosen.

I was one of the folks that really like Doc too.

Kenny knows how to make a decent call and give an exciting moment the proper enthusiasm.

I really can't even think of someone else. John Giannone? Maybe the guy who does the msg 60 during intermission? What's his name again? (edit - Bill Pidto)

Either of those two guys would be decent too honestly (even though they probably have haters).

Kenny is a pro but it may be cool to give it to someone new.

Last edited:

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Joe Micheletti these days.
View attachment 909096
Crazy that this guy was the "pretty boy" in Punch-Out!!!

I never fell for Joe. Maybe because I grew up with JD. Joe’s color is basic. His big analysis is identifying the exact moment in the replay when a thing happens, or commenting that a player’s release is quick.
I'll take it further than that - basic would be an upgrade over Joe. He's actively bad and should get fired. He's as bad during the game as Ron Duguay was to the post game show.

They HEAVILY upgraded over Ron when they brought in Steve V. They should make a similar upgrade to the color analyst position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad