Confirmed with Link: Sabres open 2024-25 season in Prague, Czechia vs NJ Devils + Preseason game vs RB Munich

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
As long as you stay up for the day upon arrival (short naps on plane), set your watch ahead to pre program your brain/body, and stay hydrated and occupied (movies, music, reading, isle walks, conversation, cock pit tour (if allowed), etc you can usually beat jetlag on International/long trips. Stay away from caffeine, remedy's, and sleep aids! I would not call a 8 hour flight long though. New Zealand, now that was a whopper and by the time you get there it's tomorrow! :D

Last edited:

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
SmartSelect_20240926_142746_Photos.jpg

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
By Dan Rosen:

The Sabres are here because the NHL was initially asked by local organizers to be a part of the opening of SAP Garden.

"They prioritized us as being the organization they wanted to open the building with...," NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly said. "We approached the Sabres as a potential fit for that."
Peterka was the hook. He grew up here and still makes his offseason home here, about 10 minutes from SAP Garden, he said.

"Obviously, Peterka in Germany made for a good fit for sure."

I feel that the reason the Sabres were chosen to go to Europe was because of the one and only, JJ Peterka.

• Love
Reactions: Dingo44

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Munich has a history of highest quality sports architecture and the new hockey arena seems to fit in there quite well, at least from what I can tell they had a somewhat decent planning and development procedure including an actual architectural competition (yes, Buffalo, that is a thing).
Unfortunately, an existing structure, the cycling stadium, had to be demolished for it, but hey, who cares about CO2 emissions, am I right?
Either way, Bavarian hockey fans are gonna enjoy the new barn and I'm sure it's gonna be a nice evening.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sascha

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
They mentioned all the German players that have played for the Sabres like Hecht, Ehrhoff, Sulzer even Rieder (kind of forgot about that guy).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad