Proposal: Sabres help Vegas clear cap space

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Craig Anderson for Broissoit, Dadanov, Korczak, 2nd

Vegas clears $7 million in cap (both this year and next year) so they can activate Eichel while also getting an upgrade in net.

The Sabres get a much needed big physical RHD prospect that can skate well in Korczak.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Dad has to actually waive is the major issue here. Korczak should be enough by himself to dump Dad IMO

I'm guessing the 2nd is for taking Broissoit who hasn't exactly looked good.

Plus Buffalo could talk Dad into stopping in Buffalo as a "connecting flight" to another team potentially with retention.

Reactions: Altimus

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Vegas clears $7 million in cap (both this year and next year) so they can activate Eichel while also getting an upgrade in net.

The Sabres get a much needed big physical RHD prospect that can skate well in Korczak.

We get our 3rd back and your 1st instead of 2nd in 2023. You need to take back contracts

big issue…buffalo doesn’t have the contract space to take this and sign Power after ncaa.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'm guessing the 2nd is for taking Broissoit who hasn't exactly looked good.

Plus Buffalo could talk Dad into stopping in Buffalo as a "connecting flight" to another team potentially with retention.
But why would Dadonov want to leave Vegas? Seems like an ideal spot, especially with Eichel coming

Reactions: IceNeophyte

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest

Value isn't there imo, at least not for Buffalo.

Those Vegas contracts are back loaded.

Buffalo would be taking on over 15 million in real dollars. Pegula wouldn't approve this deal, even if Adams thought that Korczak and that really late 2nd was good value.

Add in that Dadanov is signed for two more seasons after this one, and will be 33 in a couple of weeks, and while his stats are alright, he isn't exactly lighting up the league and has been playing with Stone and Stephenson a lot lately.

Flipping him will be a hard sell, unless they go max retention, which would be over 6 million in actual cash.

I think Vegas needs to find a partner with deeper pockets for this one to work.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Dad has to actually waive is the major issue here. Korczak should be enough by himself to dump Dad IMO

The 2nd is there for the upgrade in net. Also, Dadanov and Broissoit contracts are for two years each so I felt I might've even been conservative on the return.

I agree that getting Dadanov to waive for Buffalo might be unlikely. But the Sabres could retain or eat a cap dump from a team he does waive to. Retaining for two seasons wouldn't be ideal though.

Dadanov in this deal could be replaced by Smith, with the Sabres retaining and moving Smith to a playoff contender that wants him. The Sabres could take back a cap dump from the team acquiring Smith, so that team can fit him under their cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad