Value of: Sabres forward prospect for your teams RHD prospect.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Sabres have an influx of high end forward prospects not including Peterka, Quinn or Benson.
What RHD prospect would you offer for one of:

Savoie
Julich
Rosen
Ostlund
Walberg
Neuchev
Poltapov

Edit: Forgot about Savoie too. Uggg

Last edited:

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
I might add, the young RHD should preferably be of the defensive variety. More a Pesce, Matt Roy type, less a Burns or Montour one.

Reactions: Fjordy

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Why do we need more prospects? Or even different prospects? The objective this summer should be to turn some of our wealth of futures into players that can make the team better *now*.
Sabres need to do a bit of both. Move a prospect those listed.... "and" move a prospect or a Krebs / Joker along with 11th OA. It is not a this or that... lots to be done by GMKA.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Sabres need to do a bit of both. Move a prospect those listed.... "and" move a prospect or a Krebs / Joker along with 11th OA. It is not a this or that... lots to be done by GMKA.
Therr is nothing realistic out there I would trade 11OA outright let alone add to it to get.

I could see buffalo do a small move down to the teens

Reactions: HogtownSabresfan

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Why do we need more prospects? Or even different prospects? The objective this summer should be to turn some of our wealth of futures into players that can make the team better *now*.
Actually I'm fine moving some of the current prospects for future 1st and 2nd in the 25-27 drafts ot players draft who wont start an ELC till 25/26 or after. These can be used as deadlinr trade chips.

Reactions: elchud

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Charlie Elick is your guy in this draft. Slotted to go in the 20s but have seen mock drafts where he goes closer to 30.

Leafs have 23 and Sabres have 11. Is there anything you want from the Leafs that could bridge the gap between those two picks?

Alternatively, what is the best prospect Leafs could pluck from the Sabres for the 23rd pick? What about the 23rd pick + Liljegren.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Use Kulich or Rosen and the 2025 1st (protected) to go after a player who is ready to improve the team now. Draft a RHD with the 2024 pick and be set up for both next year and future years.

Or alternatively take a gamble on cheaper, unsexy players who are low risk. Lundkvist at Dallas needs a change of scenery or a vet like Jan Rutta who has been successful just being a D who doesn't need to go forward much.

Last edited:

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
Or just draft a D at 11 if you’re so set on adding one and trade a fwd prospect for now stuff / but in general, I agree with other sentiments that I don’t understand the point of making this trade? We have prospects coming up and 3 to 4 pieces already locked in on defense.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I think the whole purpose is to see what younger, NHL ready, RHD, would be available if we were to make our forward prospects available. OP didn't say this was the only path or that these forward prospects cant be moved in other deals. Seems like it got a bit off the rails when the question was simple with not a lot of gray area.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I don't see the point. We've spent a ton of time developing our top forward prospects. Just to trade them for a RD prospect outside of our organization doesn't make sense. You can just draft one with our 2nd round pick or with the 1st if one falls.

I don't much see the point either. RHD is more a need on the NHL team than it is in the pipeline right now.

We've got Komarov in Rochester next year. We've got Strbak and McCarthy in their sophomore years in the NCAA next year. If Adams ever smartens up and signs Metsa (which he should ASAP), we'll have him too.

In the pros, Dahlin is going to hold down the #1 RD spot for a long time. Adams and Ruff have alluded to trying Power on the right more often and Sammy can play the right as well. We could use a more defensively-sound RHD in the NHL......but our prospect pool is fine.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I think the whole purpose is to see what younger, NHL ready, RHD, would be available if we were to make our forward prospects available. OP didn't say this was the only path or that these forward prospects cant be moved in other deals. Seems like it got a bit off the rails when the question was simple with not a lot of gray area.
He clearly and literally wrote "RHD prospect". Said nothing about "younger, NHL ready".

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
In reality, I just want a defensive, experienced and somewhat physical No.4 RHD who works well with one of our young high-octane LHD and who won't look out of place logging second pairing minutes. Ideally, the Stralman to one of our Hedmans, but in terms of impact, not necessarily playing style.

Will Borgen is a guy I was wanting for that role for quite a while. Someone not supremely talented, but totally up for the job.
Conor Clifton I thought would be able to be that guy, so far it hasn't materialized. Maybe Rutta could be it, I'd also totally sign Matt Roy if the possibility presented itself and the salary somehow could be made to work.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I would trade Kulich or Savoie for a young good and NHL-ready RD, but only Jiricek comes to mind and I don't think Columbus is trading him. And I don't see any point in simply filling the pool of prospects.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
The sabres need a big time player in the start of their prime. Too many young players will lead to too many expiring contracts at the same time. You’ll have to sell players for much less than their actual worth. Target a big time player from an organization that needs young players

They are on Jack Eichel/Sam Reinhart caliber of player away from the playoffs

Last edited:

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Detroit has so many defensive prospects that I think something like Tuomisto (23 years old 6'5 RD, ready to compete for a spot) for someone like Neuchev (raw but high offensive potential and younger) could make sense. Not sure how realistic that is.

I'm intrigued. Very, very intrigued. Hell, if the scouting reports are accurate about Tuomisto.........you could probably get someone better than Neuchev out of us.

Reactions: Team Cozens

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rs pass, do not have RD/surplus

closest if you are interested is Jones
shoots lefty, plays either side
is 5'11, skates well, not a creampuff but not a clear the crease guy

right now he is depth in case Fox goes down
not looking for overpay, but not giving away for nothing
I'll add a 4th you give me a 3rd

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
I'm intrigued. Very, very intrigued. Hell, if the scouting reports are accurate about Tuomisto.........you could probably get someone better than Neuchev out of us.
Yeah that could just be a base, like I said, I'm not sure about the value as I rarely follow prospects after they are drafted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad