Post-Game Talk: Sabres clip the B's 4-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
not even upset cause im saw them losing this game before it started.
miller always plays us good. plus we cant finish chances.

game shouldve been in the bag after 2 if we finished our chances

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
I will gladly take a 6-2 record from my back up

Oh well we lost missing 8 guys it happens were the best team in the East

See yea Saturday for an easy revenge win

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Yeah I'm posting it again because it sums up my feelings on this game.

2lmvryh.jpg

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
He's played better than my expectations so far this year but that game is definitely on Johnson.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
chad jonhson :^)

You've posted this in at least 3 different threads. Either explain or quit trolling.

Not directed at you:

In general, always blaming the goalie is a cop out and is not an accurate depiction of what went on during the game.

6-2 as a back up goalie isn't to shabby.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Gotta bury those chances where you get them. He ain't Tuukka, they've gotta help him out more. He had a bad game but there were plenty of chances for this team to put the game away before it even got to that point.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Wow, good game to miss out on. Johnson's record is great, his stats are solid, but he hasn't exactly faced the cream of the crop of NHL teams, has had some offensive support to let a few earlier softies slip, and hasn't played so much as to get burnt out. Goaltending is an ungrateful task, but you'll get praise when you play well and you'll ultimately get criticism when you let in softies. I'm sure he'll bounce back, as long as he doesn't revert to preseason shape.

36 shots against Miller and 23 against Ocho, that does make it sound like we ought to have had more than one effective PP and/or less than 3 PK's (one of which was a 5 on 3 for a while), I didn't see the penalty calls/non-calls, but that's just annoying, albeit nothing out of the ordinary.

Get them next time, boys! Another game that I will miss (we have a losing record when I'm not watching and a .750+ record when I do, so fingers crossed!)

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I suspect by how this thread's going that reasonably intelligent discussion isn't going to happen tonight?

No?

No.

K.

Fascinating "effort" all around. At least Marshy came to play, for the most part.

Furry89

Nov 17, 2013
Unfortunately for the Bruins Detroit, Toronto and Tampa all won tonight. Atleast Montreal is getting smoked right now.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
You've posted this in at least 3 different threads. Either explain or quit trolling.

Not directed at you:

In general, always blaming the goalie is a cop out and is not an accurate depiction of what went on during the game.

6-2 as a back up goalie isn't to shabby.

Yeah, in general, this is probably true, but tonight, from what I saw, blaming the goalie would be pretty accurate.

My son had power skating so I didn't get home until the 3rd period. I turn on the game and for the better part of the entire period, I watch Boston pressure the puck, generate chances, and pretty much force BUF to dump the puck out into the NZ with little possession. Miller handles everything thrown at him.

With 6 minutes left, BUF gets what feels like their first chance all period on Stafford's wrap around. The D keeps him outside (as he should) and Stafford circles the net, while CJ takes an ETERNITY to go post to post, allowing Stafford to put it home. At first I thought the puck must have gone off a B in front because there was no way CJ didn't get over. However, the replay shows a clean goal.

Fast forward about 80 seconds, B's are now down one inside 5 minutes, pressing, and Warsofsky makes a bad pinch. Looch tries to get back, but then Myers joins the play as well and scores. Once again, at first glance, I'm thinking just a really nice shot by Myers, but the replay shows a goalie too deep in his crease, and slow to react. The camera behind the net shows that Myers shot, which I thought was just inside the post, was actually closer to the middle of the net. The D and back-checking F's were partially to blame, but Johnson gets the lion share imo.

You expect your goalie to make the saves he should make and occasionally make some he shouldn't. I thought those two in the 3rd were definitely "stoppable". People keep talking about CJ's 6-2 record, but personally, I think that record is due more to the fact that the B's are a good team, than from Johnson being a good goalie.

The B's may want to look at a reliable, veteran option for a backup goalie.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

According to morons Looch didn't fight Weber because he is scared of Scott. Um how many times have these 2 teams played since the Miller incident? If Scott had an issue with Lucic he would have addressed it by now.

Furry89

Nov 17, 2013
Pittsburgh won also. Tough night to give up points to a bottom feeder team.

Meh, it is what it is. Johnson wasn't on his A game tonight, and the Bruins faced a hot goalie in Miller. Don't really think it was a lack of effort.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad