Sabres Board Yahoo Fantasy League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

newfiejesus

Sep 19, 2016
Newfoundland
Sorry guys. Failing in my job as commissioner. Who knew that Bettman's job was this tough.

I've gone through all the settings to try and see what's wrong, but as far as I can see we have 6/12 teams and it's a published league where only a link will work to join. Just in case, here's a new link (the old one wont work anymore).

Actually. I might have found the problem hidden in the commissioner stuff. While id wiped the teams and it said they were free, Yahoo was still holding them as "reserved" spots.

We just need to make sure we have an even number of teams in the league before draft day.
Invite works now, thanks. Fill 'er up.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Are we capping this at eight players or going for twelve like last year ?

Not sure how the playoffs would work with ten players - maybe like the NFL where 1st place gets a bye then 2-7 play in the first round ? Could we even set it up like that ?

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Are we capping this at eight players or going for twelve like last year ?

Not sure how the playoffs would work with ten players - maybe like the NFL where 1st place gets a bye then 2-7 play in the first round ? Could we even set it up like that ?
A league can run with as few as 4 teams. So the 8 we have this year is fine. Not sure how the playoffs would work, but I'm guessing Yahoo has a method or they would require more teams.

We just need to have an even number so I will lock the league now and we are rolling with 8 teams. Thanks to everyone who is in. Good luck with the draft. I'll be on autodraft unfortunately as I'll be away from the resort and out of WiFi range.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
A league can run with as few as 4 teams. So the 8 we have this year is fine. Not sure how the playoffs would work, but I'm guessing Yahoo has a method or they would require more teams.

We just need to have an even number so I will lock the league now and we are rolling with 8 teams. Thanks to everyone who is in. Good luck with the draft. I'll be on autodraft unfortunately as I'll be away from the resort and out of WiFi range.
Playoffs with 8 teams should be easy - there's a bunch of different ways it could work (1-4 with just two rounds, 1-2 getting byes & 3-6 playing, all teams playing, etc).

It sucks that you can't make the draft but since you are on holiday in Fiji i guess there are worse situations you could find yourself in... :)

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Playoffs with 8 teams should be easy - there's a bunch of different ways it could work (1-4 with just two rounds, 1-2 getting byes & 3-6 playing, all teams playing, etc).

It sucks that you can't make the draft but since you are on holiday in Fiji i guess there are worse situations you could find yourself in... :)
1000003166.jpg

It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. We went to the island they filmed Castaway on a couple of days ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad