Proposal: Ryan McLeod for a 3C

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
NJ needs help with PK and a 3C long term. I wanted McLeod -McLeod to be 2/3 of our 3rd line long term but I suppose we can trade them our McLeod instead.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Yep for Zacha but will cost more than McLeod.

You are dealing with the devils so they would want Broberg and a first plus McLeod for Zacha.

Trading Broberg would be a big mistake. Our problem isn't 3C... our D is pretty mediocre. Not a fan of 4K/Russell/Ceci/Keith

And we need a long-term solution in goal.

Reactions: Czechboy

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Trading Broberg would be a big mistake. Our problem isn't 3C... our D is pretty mediocre. Not a fan of 4K/Russell/Ceci/Keith

And we need a long-term solution in goal.
Yes I agree with you - I was being sarcastic, but the defense is better than you think

Zacha for McLeod would be a steal

and korpisalo for goal

Reactions: TFHockey and voxel

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
How much would Seattle want for Mason Appleton?

Foegele - Appleton - Kassian

That 3rd line would cause so much problems for opponents. And maybe before the season ends you sub Holloway in Kassian... that would be a really good line.
Yes please and a goalie

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
Why does New Jersey trade us their leading scorer for a guy who can barely crack the NHL? This kind of stuff makes me embarrassed to be an Oilers fan.

K, he's tied with Johnsson at 7 points. It's not like he's running away with team scoring lead. Hamilton is at 6 points, and 4 other players at 5 points. Stop acting like he's their best player too just cause he has the most points so far.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Yes I agree with you - I was being sarcastic, but the defense is better than you think

I think 4K/Russell/Ceci/Keith are just "okay" - lower end 2nd pair to decent bottom-pair types but we need more than that to be an elite team.

It is interesting we are near the bottom of the league in preventing entries and exits after dump ins... I notice the Condors were great at this - rarely do opponent dump ins work and hence why shots against are often low. Oilers... not so much. Some of our D are a step too slow or lack the puck skills to break it out of the zone.

The Daily Faceoff Show: The Oilers need to improve at even-strength in order to be a legitimate contender

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

and korpisalo for goal

Give up this poisonous dream and return back to us bro . We cheer for he same team how can you want a goalie that worst then Koskinen base on 9 playoff games .

Last edited:
Reactions: TFHockey

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I just don't see the Oilers making too many deals anytime soon. We have a lot of dollars already invested long-term and we have to see what guys can do internally before we start taking on more money.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
K, he's tied with Johnsson at 7 points. It's not like he's running away with team scoring lead. Hamilton is at 6 points, and 4 other players at 5 points. Stop acting like he's their best player too just cause he has the most points so far.
upload_2021-11-9_9-16-52.png

They meant last season. Led the team in scoring. First round pick. Starting to blossom (bit slow like JP was).

FWIW .. here are the leading Devil scorers since 2019:

upload_2021-11-9_9-18-18.png

Ryan McLeod is a 22 year old second round pick with 1 or 2 points in the NHL. He's not getting you a 24 year old Zacha or a same aged Chytil.

Also, we don't have cap space and McLeod makes less than both of them. They are both over 2 mill in salary. Zacha due for a raise as well.

I'd obviously love both on the Oil since we haven't had a Czech in awhile. I miss my days of seeing Hemsky, Spacek, Hamrlik, Nedved, Sykora and Dvorak in the lineup!

FTR.. Hope McLeod can benefit from the Shore injury and cement himself in the lineup. Needs to hit more or score more. His natural abilities (size and skating) are outstanding.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017

and korpisalo for goal
Whats with the love, even like, for Korpisalo? Hes garbage, absolute junk.
Its almost as if people dont follow hockey and just remember that he was the sexy guy from years ago.
He makes Koski look like George Vezina.

Last edited:

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Cap wise McLeod is our #3C for the foreseeable future. Him and Ryan/his type will be our #3/4 centers likely for a loooooong time.

Locking up Puljujarvi is priority #1 and will take a lot to make work.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
If we’re trading McLeod for an established 3rd line center it’ll mean giving up something significant attached to McLeod, which would mean that in a year or two this trade would look like a big loss.

I think once Holloway is healthy and done some conditioning stint in the AHL he’ll be our 3rd line center. A line of McLovin, Holloway, Kassian will be absolute hell for opposition defensemen to try and contain.

I’d like to see Seivour given more of a chance before we start dealing young assets for a 3rd line C.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
First problem with the Zacha scenario is the Devils would want a lot more for Zacha than McLeod and secondly Zacha has emerged as a winger and has been a train wreck at center

I'm sure the Devils would give you Boqvist for McLeod though

Last edited:

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The only 3C we could get for McLeod is likely a rental of some sorts. I'm not sure if I want to sell McLeod for a rental. I think the names mentioned in the OP are aiming too high as well. McLeod still has a lot of NHL potential, but he probably doesn't have top six upside, so its going to be hard to convince a team to trade a guy who might be a 3C for a guy who is a 3C now unless that player is overpaid or has some other serious issues (attitude, health, play style) that I don't want to deal with.

For what its worth, I do agree that the Oilers could be a strong contender if they can pick up a 3C and a 3rd pair LD in addition to possibly doing a trade for a goalie.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
When is Holloway expected to be back?

Ideally the Oilers can give him a look before the deadline and find out if he works as a 3C. And if he doesn't then they snag someone at the deadline. They have other needs at G and D so I don't think they should get another center unless everything they try fails.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad