Value of: Ryan Getzlaf to a contender at TDL or draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I sleep a bit and this is what I wake up to. Finns beat diving canadians team.
Then I look further and Getzlaf is being sold for dimes. Daz28 - everytime I see you post I think of the grimes dude from lord of the rings.
How can a 3 year deal for a dude mostly PPG become albatross? You have to explain this too as you are claiming it.
Read the first post sleepyhead. It was in relation to the team stagnating with Perry, Kesler, Getzlaf, and Eaves all on the roster. I didn't say nothing about cap, then he brought it up out of nowhere. If you think having all those guys on your roster and being in 18th place not an albatross, then I don't know what is.

Honestly, I think Heursy is tying the term albatross to contracts. That was not my intent of the use of the word.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Read the first post sleepyhead. It was in relation to the team stagnating with Perry, Kesler, Getzlaf, and Eaves all on the roster. I didn't say nothing about cap, then he brought it up out of nowhere. If you think having all those guys on your roster and being in 18th place not an albatross, then I don't know what is.

Honestly, I think Heursy is tying the term albatross to contracts. That was not my intent of the use of the word.
No, all those guys shouldn't be here. Kesler had a good year or two here, then he got overpaid and hopefully to the LTIR. Perry was great as well, thankfully his deal ends soon as well.

I just don't see how you can put Getzlaf with them as he always produces.

I'm much more worried how bad our owners and apparently Murray is, as we still have the same coach.

I wish an owner like the Sharks have would buy Ducks instead of this philantrophy bs.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Explain how Ryan Getzlaf can possibly become an "albatross" to the Ducks in the next two years, by your definition of the term.

Reactions: Daz28

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Pietrangelo + Thomas + Steen for him. No the Blues are not a Contender this year but I'd make this deal.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
No, all those guys shouldn't be here. Kesler had a good year or two here, then he got overpaid and hopefully to the LTIR. Perry was great as well, thankfully his deal ends soon as well.

I just don't see how you can put Getzlaf with them as he always produces.

I'm much more worried how bad our owners and apparently Murray is, as we still have the same coach.

I wish an owner like the Sharks have would buy Ducks instead of this philantrophy bs.
This thread is about trading Getzlaf, and that looks like the only way to "separate" him from those guys. Ideally, we ship them off, and keep Getz(cuz he's a beast), but that's the least likely scenario. Look, if you guys want to not read the threads, and jump in let me know, cuz I'll avoid the threads where i'm being misrepresented. Read the previous posts. I really hope this clears it up for u heusy

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
This thread is about trading Getzlaf, and that looks like the only way to "separate" him from those guys. Ideally, we ship them off, and keep Getz(cuz he's a beast), but that's the least likely scenario. Look, if you guys want to not read the threads, and jump in let me know, cuz I'll avoid the threads where i'm being misrepresented. Read the previous posts. I really hope this clears it up for u heusy
Okay.

Then I want a top-5 first pick, young top-6 Center, A-prospect, B-prospect, 2nd and a 3rd.

WinJiggysLoft

Feb 11, 2018
Pretty sure he just finished building a huge completely custom house right near his wife’s family. Seems like he’s pretty comfortable here

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Okay.

Then I want a top-5 first pick, young top-6 Center, A-prospect, B-prospect, 2nd and a 3rd.
If they offered you half that, and he wanted a shot with that cup ready team, would you think about it if you're in 20th place and out of playoffs?

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
If they offered you half that, and he wanted a shot with that cup ready team, would you think about it if you're in 20th place and out of playoffs?
Getz has a cup. He's the Ducks captain.

No, I wouldn't consider him going away for basically nothing.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Pretty sure he just finished building a huge completely custom house right near his wife’s family. Seems like he’s pretty comfortable here
That isn't even the biggest issue to me; it's that he'd be bailing on his guys, but it's been done before. It's only 2 years, but again at this point in his life, it def is a major issue. Again, this is predicated on the belief that he and the GM believe the team won't have a shot.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Getz has a cup. He's the Ducks captain.

No, I wouldn't consider him going away for basically nothing.
So a top 5, a B prospect, and a 2nd, and he wants it is basically nothing. /here

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
That isn't even the biggest issue to me; it's that he'd be bailing on his guys, but it's been done before. It's only 2 years, but again at this point in his life, it def is a major issue. Again, this is predicated on the belief that he and the GM believe the team won't have a shot.

not having a shot at the playoffs doesn't mean you ask your franchise player to waive his NMC to trade him. Moving Getz would get us futures, futures that will most likely never be anywhere close to Getz level. Plus moving your franchise player is going to piss off fans definitely causing an issue with attendance.

So a top 5, a B prospect, and a 2nd, and he wants it is basically nothing. /here

No team is going to offer that can of trade for him anyways, so it doesn't matter. More realistic offer would be a mid to late 1st round pick (only a playoff bound team would want Getz), a prospect (one that doesn't have 1c potential because why would a team trade that away?), a roster player (probably a middle 6 guy that the playoff team is ok with moving so they can make space for Getz), and some other picks thrown in that are just mystery boxes. It's not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad