RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
You’re the one posting those comments as quotes from a respected hockey reporter. You need to post the link to your source. Those are very inflammatory quotes, and IMO not things Amber would say.
You calling me a liar?

As if you can’t Google “Michkov + murdered” and see five thousand comments between Twitter and HFBoards? Reporters and pseudo reporters were saying it too. Whoever was the host of the TSN show, I’m pretty sure it always Amber, said it right when he was drafted.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You calling me a liar?

As if you can’t Google “Michkov + murdered” and see five thousand comments between Twitter and HFBoards? Reporters and pseudo reporters were saying it too. Whoever was the host of the TSN show, I’m pretty sure it always Amber, said it right when he was drafted.
It's ok. Just let it go and stop spreading fake news. These are your wet dreams at the very best. As everybody with a mild interest in hockey knows, David Amber left TSN 10 years ago. What the heck are you talking about?

Last edited:

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
You calling me a liar?

"his father was murdered"

Maybe this is just imagination in your head lmao. TSN hasnt had the draft rights for YEARS

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Your expectations are way too high. Personally, I'm just happy to watch him play in the NHL. We'll see about the rest. Especially knowing about his history of healthy scratches I think we have to be patient. Torts isn't gonna be more forgiving than Michkov's KHL coaches. If Michkov manages to play a full season without getting healthy scratched I'll consider it a success regardless of his offensive contributions.
SKA has a history of scratching eventual elite NHL’ers in favor of bums.

I spoke with someone very high up in SKA last summer and he specifically cited Michkov's size and skating as reasons why they're not so high on him over on the team. Nothing about attitude or whatever.

(I won't say who it was, so don't ask)
I spoke with someone high up in the NHL that says the Panthers will have no chance tonight, if you know what I mean.

Trust me bro.

Reactions: Realgud

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
SKA has a history of scratching eventual elite NHL’ers in favor of bums.
So has Torts. You don't meet his standards, you're not gonna play...even if you're elite. He's not gonna change and will continue to scratch elite talent for bums if necessary. The upcoming season is gonna be an interesting one to follow. Can Michkov stay out of his dog house? I'd be impressed if he does.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Maybe this is just imagination in your head lmao. TSN hasnt had the draft rights for YEARS

It's ok. Just let it go and stop spreading fake news. These are your wet dreams at the very best. As everybody with a mild interest in hockey knows, David Amber left TSN 10 years ago. What the heck are you talking about?

It was right after that clip cuts off right when it cuts to the interviews, it WAS David Amber but on Sportsnet not TSN (my mistake). I even looked up my tweets and I live tweeted the draft to my fifteen followers and wrote the exact same thing.

1719253305551.png

Regardless, the point is that many people did smear Michkov and were awfully uncharitable to him. It wasn't a healthy discussion then and it remains borderline nauseating. Some of us just want to see him play hockey ffs.

Reactions: antman12

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
You calling me a liar?

You need to post a link. It’s not up to anyone to find your source. Imo you misheard what Amber said.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
It was right after that clip cuts off right when it cuts to the interviews, it WAS David Amber but on Sportsnet not TSN (my mistake). I even looked up my tweets and I live tweeted the draft to my fifteen followers and wrote the exact same thing.

View attachment 886272

Regardless, the point is that many people did smear Michkov and were awfully uncharitable to him. It wasn't a healthy discussion then and it remains borderline nauseating. Some of us just want to see him play hockey ffs.

Youre correct. It does get mentioned.

Its at 1:11:30, HF being weird and not letting me embed it at that time stamp and keeps scuffin the URL (think its because its a past live stream)

Last edited:
Reactions: ReHabs and FlyguyOX

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022

Youre correct. It does get mentioned.

@Fatass @Hinterland I expect five likes each on my posts from all three of you.

The NHL's draft show spread FAKE NEWS about Michkov's personal tragedy. That's how awful the discourse got. David Amber owes him a lot more than a simple apology.

Poor kid, I hope he torches the league and makes every racist, xenophobic, hateful, mindless thug who smeared him eat their words.

• Love
Reactions: FlyguyOX

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
@Fatass @Hinterland I expect five likes each on my posts from all three of you.

The NHL's draft show spread FAKE NEWS about Michkov's personal tragedy. That's how awful the discourse got. David Amber owes him a lot more than a simple apology.

Poor kid, I hope he torches the league and makes every racist, xenophobic, hateful, mindless thug who smeared him eat their words.
The link doesn’t work.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
But that would involve him signing a contract with a NHL club while already being under contract to SKA. That can't be legal, can it?
I think the idea is that he would sign the NHL contract right after his contract with SKA is terminated/bought out.

At this point I don't even understand if he is getting bought out, or if they're mutually agreeing to terminate his contract without buying him out... Hoping we'll get some more clarity this week

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
We know Michkov’s father passed away prior to the draft. It’s the connection to the mob in this quote “he's a bad person and teammate", "he's connected to organised crime", etc. that you attributed to Amber that’s in question. I didn’t hear Amber say that.
You're such a bad faith character it's unreal. Is this how you are in your home board on every topic or just with Michkov?

David Amber lied about Michkov's family tragedy. Simple as. Maybe if you like Amber so much you could touch base with him and ask him where he got his information because it certainly wasn't anywhere in Russia.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
You're such a bad faith character it's unreal. Is this how you are in your home board on every topic or just with Michkov?

David Amber lied about Michkov's family tragedy. Simple as. Maybe if you like Amber so much you could touch base with him and ask him where he got his information because it certainly wasn't anywhere in Russia.

Imo Amber would not make a comment connecting Michkov to gangsters. The video you sourced doesn’t have him saying that. The video does repeatedly mention Michkov is the second most talented player in his draft. IMO he was a steal at 7OA and will win the Calder.

Reactions: Hinterland

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Imo Amber would not make a comment connecting Michkov to gangsters. The video you sourced doesn’t have him saying that. The video does repeatedly mention Michkov is the second most talented player in his draft. IMO he was a steal at 7OA and will win the Calder.
I never said he did. I said "The smears like "his father was murdered" (David Amber of TSN said it on live TV), ..." the parenetical refers to that preceding quote only. I don't need you to acknowledge it. I know I'm not a liar and I know what you are.

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Didnt take Gauthier and 7th for 5th bc it was never on table.

Same for Foerster and 7th.

—-

Fans from team with Cole Caufield and Lane Hutson talking about size…
That is a legit concern. Not that we don't appreciate smaller players; for the last 30 years are offense has seemed to be driven by smaller players; Koivu, Petrov, V. Bure, David Desharnais, and so many others that aren't coming to mind. I think the concern is having too many small players. May make for an exciting regular season team, but the playoffs are a war of attrition. Despite what my wife says, size DOES matter. They already have Caufield and Suzuki on their top 6. Add Gallagher, Newhook and RHP in he still makes the team, that's close to half your forwards being sub 6'.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
I never said he did. I said "The smears like "his father was murdered" (David Amber of TSN said it on live TV), ..." the parenetical refers to that preceding quote only. I don't need you to acknowledge it. I know I'm not a liar and I know what you are.

NHL media’s reaction to Michkov’s father’s tragedy was disgusting. Sadly controversy is what sells and gets clicks. Even more so if you include ‘shady Russia’ perspective.

i wonder what Michkov would have thought if he knew the extent of what people were saying. Not cool, not cool at all.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

David Amber lied about Michkov's family tragedy. Simple as. Maybe if you like Amber so much you could touch base with him and ask him where he got his information because it certainly wasn't anywhere in Russ

Imo your original post (with the quotes) suggested there is something wrong with Michkov’s character by implying that he’s connected to gangsters. It is also my opinion that Michkov is a superstar who is coming to the Flyers a lot sooner than many thought. He’s the level of player that shapes a club for a decade.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Imo your original post (with the quotes) suggested there is something wrong with Michkov’s character by implying that he’s connected to gangsters.
No, I clearly said those are smears and distract from the topic. He's a marvellous hockey player and he didn't deserve this commentary. No one does. And I don't need to see your posts any more.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think that coach/manager overstates the case, but it's another example that yes, hockey people do think about size and skating issues with Michkov.

Here's a whole set of examples, from a group of scouts that Pronman interviewed, that I think covers the range of opinion on Michkov well. It's from a recent article comparing Demidov and Michkov.

It really says something about the way many scouts think, that there was concern that Demidov was small and slow. He's much bigger and faster than Michkov, so of course there is a lot of concern about Michkov's size and speed.

Here's Pronman in that article, in the course of explaining why he prefers Michkov to Demidov:

"Severe limitations" is of course not a phrase that you hear everyday about a top pick.

I'll just reply to this here so you can do a little reading.

Why is it that Michkov fans seem exceptionally delusional?

Why don't you try reading their work.

Here's some reading material for you.

Yes scouts have mentioned that Michkov is small. :laugh:

I know this comes as a huge shock, do not be afraid to reach out to a friend for support.

“I’d be concerned on Demidov for the same reason I was concerned on Michkov. He’s a small, slow Russian winger who we didn’t get to scout live all season. We all see the skill, he’s stupid talented, but in the top five you need to be sure, and I don’t see how teams can be that sure.”

“Demidov’s game is way more direct. His habits are much better than Michkov’s. Mickov is extremely talented and a heck of a hockey player, but I know who my coach is going to prefer to lean on come playoff time and it’s Demidov.”

“I think with Michkov you always know he’s going to score, but his game can give you some headaches. He lacks pace, he doesn’t play very hard. Demidov has less of those issues even if he’s not an amazing skater. He also seems to have less drama around him. I’d feel more comfortable picking Demidov.”

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
No, I clearly said those are smears and distract from the topic. He's a marvellous hockey player and he didn't deserve this commentary. No one does. And I don't need to see your posts any more.
We agree that Michkov is a fabulous player. I go a step further and suggest he is in that superstar category of players who shape a club’s success. Those are players all teams covet.

Reactions: HighOFFHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad