RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

canary

Jan 20, 2011
Toronto
It can be fun to discuss player vs player and make hot-takes when the players play in different leagues. But when they gonna start the season in the same league in a week... I personally think it's better to wait a bit and see what they look like playing against the same competition...

Logic and reason has no place here unfortunately

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I can't stop thinking he looks like a compact version of Peter Forsberg. Hopefully, minus the injuries.
Forsberg was an incredibly powerful skater and a cycling machine . Michkov could get there but that would be a stark difference currently . Both super high iq though . So I kinda see it. Think Michkov additionally has more of a nose for the net . Peter was unselfish almost to a fault .

Reactions: Fight4yourRight

JABEE

Feb 12, 2010
Philadelphia
Everything Michkov has done in the preseason games I have watched him play makes it easy to see how he will score points right away in the NHL. He had two chances to bury pucks tonight outside of the empty net that could have made his point totals even more impressive.

Felt like he was playing more of a center role than a winger distributing the puck and playmaking. Michkov with a real legitimate number 1 center will be wild when it happens. I think it's very clear that he is great at almost every aspect of the game and very adaptable. The puck is on a string for him in a way that is unlike 98% of the league. Couldn't be more excited.

I can't stop thinking he looks like a compact version of Peter Forsberg. Hopefully, minus the injuries.
I think that comparison looked right with how he shields the puck. How he stole the puck to send that saucer pass on the first goal despite having no leverage to do so.

Reactions: The Wizard

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Ive noticed Michkov's game became more 'bullish' after Rotenberg played him at center during last year's preseason.
Michkov then said he started studying how Sidney Crosby played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad