RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
You should ask Habs fans why doesn't Demidov play as much as he deserves. It will answer your question about Michkov as well...
My only comment to the "historic season by player aged x years in the KHL" has been if young players are habitually underused in the KHL its not much of a barometer of anything. Perhaps Kaprizov was misused to a greater or lesser degree than Michkov was. Hard to tell without breaking it down by ice time, linemates, zone starts etc and even then thats not painting the whole picture.

And that is of course ignoring that different players develop at different rates through their 20s.

This isn't even a comment on Michkov either. I'd say the same thing if Demidov posted "historic" numbers as a teen.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Yeah I realize that, that's why I acknowledge that he's a star player

But .. at the same time, the elite players are usually ones that have the ability to net the extra 10 or 15 goals using their shooting ability from a bit further out. Michkov would be missing out on those goals

If that plays out, I can't see him being considerably more than a 25 + 55 guy

And what about shit goaltending on any given night? Or net-front traffic? Or deflections? You don’t need an elite shot to score in the NHL. Mike Hoffman has a better shot than Jack Hughes, who’s the better goal scorer?

Same with Zibanejad over Kreider. Look where Kreider gets nearly all his goals — breakaway, deflection, and rebounds.

The key is getting open, not being noticed, and getting off shots before the defense can react, which Michkov mastered at 15, more so than Bedard. Ovechkin has a career shooting pct of 12.9 and his one-timer was the deadliest in the league for over a decade.

Michkov, elite shot or weak, is a natural goal scorer, end of story. He would have scored 70 in the CHL last year.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Watching Michkov these preseason games and he looks a lot heavier than before. He’s built like a block and is impossible to move off the puck. What’s his weight now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad