RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
I don’t buy that. It seems to me that Rotenberg is making the main decisions, especially about how to play and the lineups. If you thinking you are good enough to coach straight away the most ambitious team outside the NHL, you are surely good enough to be the main voice. And having someone inexperienced like Zubov as your co doesn't exactly indicate that you want to hear much contra.

But again, it’s not only about the here and now. You managed to get the country’s biggest talents, for what exactly? Rotenbergs beloved grinders or his “star” Galchenyuk are not going to be the next Panarin or Gusev. The clubs prospect strategy definitely does not match the playing philosophy.
It is not hard to see who is the main voice instructing players on the timeouts though, usually it is Koreshkov judging from my observations.

Anyway, what I mean is that even if Rotenberg steps down back into GM-only role and Zubov or Koreshkov is the new coach it won't mean that things will be more favorable for Michkov.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
considering how guys like jordan weal can light up the KHL I was expecting galchenyuk to at least be above average. it might be the worst free agent signing of the year in any league since it indirectly led to Michkov being loaned again. They basically traded Michkov for Galchenyuk lol which is kinda ironic being a former Hab

also: yes.

It's like the KHL to NHL in reverse. Adaptation can be difficult to predict.
Galchenyuk and the older Svechnikov (now injured) have looked like right garbage, while a no-name person like Troy Josephs is really good.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
homeboy had another good game, couple of real close chances at his first goal of the season. picked up a secondary assist on a nice sequence he started with a reverse hit in the corner. he came so close a few times to burying it. nice to see coach had him on the ice in the last few minutes while they were up a goal and end up getting involved in the insurance goal.

sochi tied for first in the conference now lol

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
homeboy had another good game, couple of real close chances at his first goal of the season. picked up a secondary assist on a nice sequence he started with a reverse hit in the corner. he came so close a few times to burying it. nice to see coach had him on the ice in the last few minutes while they were up a goal and end up getting involved in the insurance goal.

sochi tied for first in the conference now lol

Well, stopped watching after the 2nd period, and in those two periods he was almost absolutely invisible.

Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Well, stopped watching after the 2nd period, and in those two periods he was almost absolutely invisible.
rookie mistake, you missed the best parts. but I disagree, there were a handful of sequences where he stood out, i cant remember if it was the 1st or 2nd period where he picked off the pass at the O line and he won a few puck battles but i wasnt disappointed with his game at all. Most importantly he didnt make any enormous defensive turnovers or make any mistakes to really hurt the team, played a solid game

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
rookie mistake, you missed the best parts. but I disagree, there were a handful of sequences where he stood out, i cant remember if it was the 1st or 2nd period where he picked off the pass at the O line and he won a few puck battles but i wasnt disappointed with his game at all. Most importantly he didnt make any enormous defensive turnovers or make any mistakes to really hurt the team, played a solid game

Well, at least his secondary assist was solid.

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
I know they won't do it right now while they're winning, but Michkov and Tyanulin aren't doing too well together imo. They probably need to change it up a bit to optimize

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Montreal fans please stop making asses of yourself in this thread. If you don't want to follow the prospect agnostically, just move the hell on. What's the point of trashing the guy? It won't make him any worse and won't change what's coming if Michkov does turn out as good as expected. Just move on.

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
Looked like crap in the last game. It reminded me of his stint in the mhl last tear. A complete nonfactor.
More Like Tyanulin looked like crap. This is the worst pass decision I've seen in a long time. This kind of stuff has been happening from Michkov's linemates every game. Tbh Tyanulin has been struggling to hit him with a clean pass .. meanwhile he's the benefactor of 5-10 wonderful setups per game courtesy of Michkov .. and he doesn't do anything with them.

Even if you were right, the whole Sochi team honestly looked bad yesterday compared to the previous 2 games. But of course you're just a troll and your post has no meaning at all

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
More Like Tyanulin looked like crap. This is the worst pass decision I've seen in a long time. This kind of stuff has been happening from Michkov's linemates every game. Tbh Tyanulin has been struggling to hit him with a clean pass .. meanwhile he's the benefactor of 5-10 wonderful setups per game courtesy of Michkov .. and he doesn't do anything with them.

Even if you were right, the whole Sochi team honestly looked bad yesterday compared to the previous 2 games. But of course you're just a troll and your post has no meaning at all

its only a matter of time until they start clicking, hes always involved in making stuff happen and creating opportunities. he'll start taking more chances but I think he's being real careful about not doing too much too soon especially while theyre winning and thats good to see. his teammates obviously trust him, they keep funneling the puck back to his side but the fkkn broken stick is in the way of doing any kind of michcraft. but please for the love god put this guy on the right dot in the ovi spot and lets see him sock some dingers.

Reactions: Unger9

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
7zpags.jpg

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
but please for the love god put this guy on the right dot in the ovi spot and lets see him sock some dingers.
As much as I appreciate Kokorev giving him a big role, I wonder if it's still just the fact that Michkov is "too young" to structure the entire powerplay around him. Although they kind of did that yesterday on the left side. He was just on the wrong side for the one-T

Reactions: tnfrs

LetsGoFlyers12

Jan 19, 2017
This thread is funny. Guy is playing in a high level pro league, and creates offense effortlessly. Tons of high end looks for himself and his linemates in 3 games.

Has it been perfect, no. I expect he will get better and better as the year moves along. But to act like he's been a nonfactor is laughable and just trolling.

Truthfully, I'd like to see him engage defensively more, so they get the puck backore efficiently. Other than that, his play has been good, and in some aspects, terrific.

As much as I appreciate Kokorev giving him a big role, I wonder if it's still just the fact that Michkov is "too young" to structure the entire powerplay around him. Although they kind of did that yesterday on the left side. He was just on the wrong side for the one-T
Personally, I've watched tons of Michkov and the only offensive aspect I think is a bit overrated is his one timer. He prefers walking into a wrister, much like Kaprizov or Tarasenko.

He has scored a few of them, but he prefers the catch and release wrist shot more imo.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Montreal fans please stop making asses of yourself in this thread. If you don't want to follow the prospect agnostically, just move the hell on. What's the point of trashing the guy? It won't make him any worse and won't change what's coming if Michkov does turn out as good as expected. Just move on.
Yeah it almost inevitable that when he gets to the NHL he will be a star it's not if it's when. Kind reminds me of when Alex Smith was one of my favourite players in the NFL and trying to delude myself that Mahomes was not that good. Until you realize that there is not point wasting your point denying their greatness.

Reactions: tnfrs

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
In my unbiased opinion, as a neutral party, I think Matvei Michkov will be good.
its good people like us who have literally nothing in common in any way can put aside our obvious and glaring differences and agree, youve done a brave thing here today and nobody can ever question your partisanship since youve very clearly indicated you are a neutral party

Happyhary9

Jul 11, 2006
I don't understand this idea that what works for all sports in Europe doesn't work for hockey. If Philadelphia gives several million dollars to the SKA for Michkov, the SKA cashes in, that's it.

I'm not going to look for a false geopolitical or economic theory. Several million dollars for a European hockey club is a big financial transaction.

No one in Russia would blame SKA for selling Michkov. Everyone knows in Russia that Michkov's destiny is to play in the NHL.
Correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe the NHL has a transfer agreement in place with the KHL. So the NHL prevents teams from buying out KHL contracts. MM would have to buy out his own contract I believe.

Happyhary9

Jul 11, 2006
If the NHL is pulling players out of Russia especially youngsters then there should be a fee or Money Transfer since developing players cost big money! NAmerican football pays nothing to Colleges and Universities for players when they "Graduate"! And that's what the NHL kind of wants...no Fees...its really greedy and not unlike poaching! I know in the past NHL teams paid money to the Junior operators for players that became NHLers...so much for every number of games and so forth! I imagine the same thing is in place today
The NHL/KHL use to gave a transfer agreement. They do not currently have one, and the NHL severed talks in 22. The NHL doesn't allow teams to pay a buyout to the KHL at this time.

• Wow
Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad