RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
This is not the first time I've read or heard someone speak badly about this kid's attitude and personality problems. This is some major red flags similar to Nail Yakupov. Hopefully, he gets to fix this before coming to the NHL, or else he's well on his path to becoming a major locker room cancer who'll bounce around from team to team and eventually be out of the league in 5 years.
There’s some serious Character Concerns on that podcast…

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Funny that as soon as the Flyers draft him, the character assassination pieces start churning out. What a bunch of clowns.
To be fair alot of these things were reported right before the draft. But yeah all this info is being reposted as copium most likely but surely there is some truth to it.

The guy is a hockey psycho , could be a positive as much as a detriment we will see

Reactions: Rebels57

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
For those sucking hard on the copium

Extremely common in the SHL for top prospects. Literally almost never happens in the KHL because it’s a tougher league

KHL is a tougher league based on what exactly?
Also how is it common? It is usual that only first rounders get significant ice time and even then, not all of them
It is roughly the same between KHL and SHL, it is just Russia producing less talent

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I took the one common contextual environment, you’re the one extrapolating.

Durrr my guy did good at the recent international tournament but since your guy wasn’t allowed to for xenophobic reasons I can say whatever I want and you can’t refute it durrr.

Look at the common contextual factors. When playing against players 2 years older Michkov led the tournament in points. Carlsson wasn’t even invited.
Sure, Carlsson scored more in the SHL this past year, an easier league than KHL, where he was getting top minutes. Plop michkov in that same exact environment and he would score more than Carlsson without a doubt.

More NHL ready doesn’t equate to how good they’ll be in their prime lmao
There are no Sun Jihao's in SHL

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
This post begs the question, did Michkov drop in the draft because the other guys kept getting better and he didn't or were there other reasons?

The biggest reason should be franchise C’s mean more to winning than franchise W’s.

Then in reality character concerns dropped him and his contract status.

Funny that as soon as the Flyers draft him, the character assassination pieces start churning out. What a bunch of clowns.

They were already brought up way earlier

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
KHL is a tougher league based on what exactly?
Also how is it common? It is usual that only first rounders get significant ice time and even then, not all of them
It is roughly the same between KHL and SHL, it is just Russia producing less talent
I mean if you don’t even have that basic premise understood then there’s not much more I can say

The biggest reason should be franchise C’s mean more to winning than franchise W’s.

Then in reality character concerns dropped him and his contract status.

They were already brought up way earlier
GM’s are taking Kucherov over Elias Lindholm

Again, the main question: why was Michkov not selected 2nd overall?
Centers are tougher to acquire. C vs W. That simple

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I mean if you don’t even have that basic premise understood then there’s not much more I can say

Honestly is this the level you are at?

You brought up Wright to try to make some ridiculous point and now you bring up Lindholm?

Lindholm is now a franchise C?
& Lindholm is Fantillis& Carlssons ceiling?
Do better, do better please

Last edited:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006

1. Guys worthy of TOP 10 selection usually get ice time both in KHL and SHL. How is KHL a "tougher league" based on what?
2.Kucherov over Lindholm yes, Kucherov over McDavid or MacKinnon?
3.Absolutely not, Michkov with his pedigree should have been selected at least 2nd overall. If not for one reason. He had a dissapointing season. Thats it. If he scored like 30 pts in 40 for SKA and like 10 pts in 11 for National Team he would have been at least 2nd overall. It is that simple. Carlsson and Fantilli just had better seasons.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Massive, massive levels of cope in this thread from specific fans. If you like your player so much why do you have to come in this thread and force everyone to think Fantilli or Carlsson will be better? Simply leave the thread and enjoy your player. This place is discuss Michkov not nonstop force feed how the player on your team is better. The fact that you are here constantly doing this just shows how insecure you are :D:D. That being said if Michkov didn’t have a KHL contract he would have been 2nd OA, can bet on that.

Last edited:

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Michkov just may go down as the best Russian player to ever play the game when all is said and done.

His skill is something we've never seen before.

Hopefully he goes over soon so he has a more of a chance to shatter records set by Ovie/Gretzky/etc.

Massive, massive levels of cope in this thread from specific fans. If you like your player so much why do you have to come in this thread and force everyone to think Fantilli or Carlsson will be better? Simply leave the thread and enjoy your player. This place is discuss Michkov not nonstop force feed how the player your team is better. The fact that you are here constantly doing this just shows how insecure you are :D:D. That being said if Michkov didn’t have a KHL contract he would have been 2nd OA, can bet on that.

If Michkov played in the WHL or another Canadian league, he would probably have gone 1st OA.

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
I mean if he scores that many goals I think it'll be because of the multi-faceted nature of his goal scoring skillset, not because of his shot. The heaviness of his shot doesn't seem to be special. The release is great but doesn't seem top 5 or anything. It would have to be because of IQ and placement, ability to read and manipulate goalies, etc

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Massive, massive levels of cope in this thread from specific fans. If you like your player so much why do you have to come in this thread and force everyone to think Fantilli or Carlsson will be better? Simply leave the thread and enjoy your player. This place is discuss Michkov not nonstop force feed how the player on your team is better. The fact that you are here constantly doing this just shows how insecure you are :D:D. That being said if Michkov didn’t have a KHL contract he would have been 2nd OA, can bet on that.
If he had a better season he would have been 2nd overall regardless of his contract status. All of this additional factors became relevant because he had a pedestrian year by the standarts that he set himself before.

• Haha
Reactions: Lavar Ball

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Guys, spend your precious offseason on doing something more meaningful than waking up in the morning arguing about how to judge a teenager.
There are many places to visit in this world, except HFB.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is his shot really good enough to be a consistent Rocket Richard contender?
Well, I wouldn't say his goal-scoring is based off his shot. Michkov probably scores more goals around the net for a smaller player than any player we've seen so far. His net sense is the best I've ever seen. Most of his goals are because of his mind. They are because he outmaneuvered defenseman and the goalie.

And sure, he can shoot it pretty well too. His shot is more about deception than power. The deception is among the best you'll see. The power is very good.

Reactions: Unger9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad