Value of: RW - Jason Polin, Western Michigan University

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
College statistics, especially for a senior who will turn 24 in June, can usually be taken with a grain of salt. But Polin has scored 27 goals in 33 games.

Is there anything to see in his game in terms of NHL potential or is his game more suited to minor pro or Europe?

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
College statistics, especially for a senior who will turn 24 in June, can usually be taken with a grain of salt. But Polin has scored 27 goals in 33 games.

Is there anything to see in his game in terms of NHL potential or is his game more suited to minor pro or Europe?
A couple guys in that 24 range seem to be having very good seasons. I have to think they could have botttom six potential.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

The Hockey News will have Polin as their top NCAA free agent when their Future Watch issue is released (apparently it was sent to the printers this week). Probably minimal risk in signing him to an ELC. Since he'll be 24 in the eyes of the CBA, Polin would have to sign a 1 year ELC. We'll see if he has enough interest where he could potentially burn that this year or if he'll sign an AHL ATO with an ELC that kicks in 2023-24.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Michigan kid from the Detroit AAA system. Detroit has plenty of contracts available, and has been signing more homegrown players than ever before.

You’d have to think they’re the front runners due to how connected Draper was to these age groups, but he will have plenty of suitors. Not sure anyone will be willing to burn his ELC though.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
He could have a legit shot in Buffalo 23/24 roster if the Sabres don't bring back Okposo and Hinostroza.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
MN is rumored to be in on him. I can see how they might offer him a few NHL games this year, maybe, but Guerin really isn’t a fan of gifting ice time. They would be really signing him for next year, when they will need ELC players.

A big thing was made locally when 23 yo C Ben Meyers, a Minnesota Gopher,signed with CO instead of the Wild. He has one point in 33 gp this year, and nice, but not outstanding, production in the AHL.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
MN is rumored to be in on him. I can see how they might offer him a few NHL games this year, maybe, but Guerin really isn’t a fan of gifting ice time. They would be really signing him for next year, when they will need ELC players.

A big thing was made locally when 23 yo C Ben Meyers, a Minnesota Gopher,signed with CO instead of the Wild. He has one point in 33 gp this year, and nice, but not outstanding, production in the AHL.
I have heard Ducks for Polin

(And Malinski to Minnesota)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad