RW Connor Brown - Waterloo Black Hawks, USHL (2023 undrafted)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

American born winger has impressed me at the Hlinka so far. Good skater who’s motor is consistently going. Has good vision and seems to make his teammates better. I am very interested to see how he plays this upcoming season. Could be a mid round selection.

NCAA Commitment: Western Michigan

USHL Rights: Waterloo Blackhawks

OHL Rights: Sarnia Sting

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Didn't get drafted. Had a season to forget. 18 points in 62 games isn't going to cut it for a sub 6'0 player. Looks like he's playing one more USHL season and then off to Western Michigan. He's good enough to have a better USHL season next year and get himself drafted. On the positive, now listed at 5'10 as opposed to 5'10.

He's from the same village in Florida as Gavin Brindley. Incredible that a village in Florida with less than 40,000 people produced two good hockey players from the same draft.

I really want him to make it, so we can have two Connor Brown's. Unlike the Aho's, they are similar styles of players.

My scouting report from his USHL season.

He’s like a right-handed version of his teammate Erdman, although probably a little worse and he’s an inch shorter. Plays very hard, He’s only 5’9, but he drives to the inside, he hits, he goes to the dirty areas. He’s good defensively, skates well, and has some offense. I think he’ll be a late round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad