RW Chase Stillman - Sudbury Wolves, OHL (2021, 29th, NJD)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I was pretty sure that there already was a thread, but i simply can not find one, so now...there is one.

8159.jpg

Name: Chase Stillman
DOB: 2003/03/29
POB: Sudbury, Ontario (OHL) / St.Louis, Missouri (Eliteprospects)
----
Height: 5 foot 11
Weight: 175 lbs
----
Current height : 6 foot 1
Current weight : 185 lbs
----
Position: RW
Shoots: R
Draft Eligible: 2021
Family Relations: brother: Riley Stillman, father: Cory Stilman

2019-2020 season: 9+9=18 (0.66 ppg) | -3 | 19 pim | 38 sog
- scored 1 goal and 4 assists in 6 games for Canada White at the WHC-17

Is 5th in OHL rookie points (3rd in goals)

Wright: 26 points
Suni: 24 points
McTavish: 21 points
Dickinson: 20 points
Stillman: 18 points

All of his points are from 5 on 5 (no pp/pk points)

Is 8th in Sudbury points and 5th in goals.
- is on a 4 game point streak (1+4)

Last edited:

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I think he has a ton of potential but his game still needs a lot of refinement.

On the bright side, he has a great shot, loves to shoot the puck, is aggressive in puck pursuit. Pretty good hands and is very creative with the puck.

On the less good side, lots of neutral zone giveways, carrys the puck a bit too much, uses his teammates less then he should, takes a low of low % shots rather then passing the puck.

I would not be shocked to see him end up as a second round pick next year if his game continues to develop.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I think he has a ton of potential but his game still needs a lot of refinement.

On the bright side, he has a great shot, loves to shoot the puck, is aggressive in puck pursuit. Pretty good hands and is very creative with the puck.

On the less good side, lots of neutral zone giveways, carrys the puck a bit too much, uses his teammates less then he should, takes a low of low % shots rather then passing the puck.

I would not be shocked to see him end up as a second round pick next year if his game continues to develop.

2021. - next year is 2020 :sarcasm:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
What kind of role he has had in his rookie season for Sudbury?

Just above 80 shots on goal in 56 games for a winger, would suggest a small role.
(or that he is a first pass winger guy)

13 goals, 21 assists, 34 points, (0.62 ppg) -1 with 61 penalty minutes so far this season.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
What kind of role he has had in his rookie season for Sudbury?

Just above 80 shots on goal in 56 games for a winger, would suggest a small role.
(or that he is a first pass winger guy)

13 goals, 21 assists, 34 points, (0.62 ppg) -1 with 61 penalty minutes so far this season.

He was mostly playing on the 3rd line, with some 2nd unit PP time if I remember correctly.

Cory was most certainly not giving Chase any preferential treatment on account of him being his son, thats for sure. He was pretty much told from day 1 that he was going to have to earn every minute that he got, and that held true all season long.

Oddly enough, I dont even think that Chase lives with his mom and dad here in Sudbury, and instead lives with billets. I guess they didnt want any complications that would come from the dynamic of trying to balance living together and being a coach/player on an OHL team.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017

This could be big for his draft stock. He's a guy, who with a good enough, would not be shocking to see raise himself into the conversation for the end of the 1st round by the time the draft rolls around.

Reactions: Colin226 and HBK27

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

This could be big for his draft stock. He's a guy, who with a good enough, would not be shocking to see raise himself into the conversation for the end of the 1st round by the time the draft rolls around.

No offense to Danish leagues but I don't think playing in Denmark will do anything drastic to his draft stock unless he plays beyond terrible or annihilates the top league

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The grandson of former NHLer Bud Stefanski, son of former NHLer Cory Stillman, and brother of Chicago Blackhawks defenceman Riley Stillman, Chase Stillman is looking to carry on the family legacy in the 2021 NHL Draft. Still was drafted by the Sudbury Wolves in the second round, 25th overall, at the 2019 OHL Priority Draft. He put up 13 goals and 21 assists for 34 points in 58 games as a rookie. Stillman was named to the OHL First All-Rookie Team. He also played for Team Canada White at the Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. He had three goals and an assist for four points in six games.

Last season Stillman played for Esberg’s Under-20 Team in the Danish Junior League when the OHL season did not start. He scored nine goals and seven assists for 16 points in eight games. He also joined Team Canada at the IIHF Under-18 World Championships, playing for Team Canada and winning a gold medal. Stillman put up two goals and two assists for four points in seven tournament games. Having appeared in an IIHF tournament for Canada, Stillman has declared his international eligibility. He was born in St. Louis, Missouri.

2021 NHL Draft #47: Chase Stillman Scouting Report

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
More of a 3rd rounder than 2nd. You can get more skill in the 2nd than Stillman, but this kid seems valuable in the playoffs.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
A bit early I guess but I like the player a lot. Very efficient hitter, righty and good hands. Those players don't grow on trees. And he was fantastic at the WJC18.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Not a fan of the pick considering who was on the board, but of his 34 points in his draft -1 year, only one was on the power play. Suggests he could be a sneaky good scorer

saw him in sudbury a lot. Probably played more minutes than he should have out of the gate because his dad was the coach however, he delivered with those extra minutes. He’s clearly got skill. Great hands, hard worker, will fight, and can score.
It was also a surprise to me to see him go this high, but he definitely has nhl upside.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
If he had gotten to play in a real league this year there's no reason to think he wouldn't have been ranked in the 20's.

His D-1 year production was nearly identical to Othmann, who went #16. His "consensus" ranking is definitely a product of having little exposure in his draft year.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad