Confirmed Signing with Link: Ruslan Iskhakov signs contract with CSKA Moscow of the KHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005

This was mentioned a while back that if the Isles don't give him a chance, why would he stay? Well it happened, as many predicted, he went to the KHL. Terrible management in Long Island, not giving this guy a chance, while signing suit case man Anthony Duclair and hanging on to aging guys like Pageau, Engvall, Cizikas and even Palmieri. Give him Kyle Mclean's spot at least. They are always starved for offence and don't retain one of their better offensive young guys. Way to go...

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014

This was mentioned a while back that if the Isles don't give him a chance, why would he stay? Well it happened, as many predicted, he went to the KHL. Terrible management in Long Island, not giving this guy a chance, while signing suit case man Anthony Duclair and hanging on to aging guys like Pageau, Engvall, Cizikas and even Palmieri. Give him Kyle Mclean's spot at least. They are always starved for offence and don't retain one of their better offensive young guys. Way to go...
Bolded statement proves you haven’t watched one shift of Islanders hockey since he was called up.
Iskhakov is undersized and not physically strong enough compared to quite a bit (if not all) of NHL players.

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
Bolded statement proves you haven’t watched one shift of Islanders hockey since he was called up.
Iskhakov is undersized and not physically strong enough compared to quite a bit (if not all) of NHL players.
He played the last game in the regular season, and 5 minutes in the playoffs, not much of a sample size...The Islanders have won a grand total of THREE playoff games over the last three seasons, time to move on from the Lou "Old School" way of thinking.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
He played the last game in the regular season, and 5 minutes in the playoffs, not much of a sample size...The Islanders have won a grand total of THREE playoff games over the last three seasons, time to move on from the Lou "Old School" way of thinking.

Isn’t that the coaches job to.. I don’t know.. play players?

Why is this Lous fault?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
He’s also a top 6 or no go type of player. He’s too small to play a bottom 6 checking role to even be considered for the 3rd line. He’s fancy but more of one of those too good for the AHL but not good enough for the NHL type of players. Once again, he’s not beating out Maxim Tsyplakov, Anders Lee, Kyle Maclean, Simon Holmstrom, Casey Cizikas or JG Pageau for a spot in the bottom 6. He’s also at a disadvantage compared to Hudson Fasching. So where do you put him in this lineup realistically?

Duclair-Horvat-Barzal
Engvall-Nelson-Palmieri
Tsyplakov-Pageau-Lee
Maclean-Cizikas-Fasching
Holmstrom

Because reasons!
I’m gonna get my group of guys with pitchforks and tiki torches to demand Lou play Josh Ho-Sang, Oliver Wahlstrom and Ruslan Iskhakov over Barzal, Horvat and Nelson. Would you like to join?

Last edited:

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I don't see NHL teams lining up to acquire his rights from the Islanders. I could be wrong.
I wonder if he'll end up being as good in Europe as former UDenver/Bridgeport standout Rhett Rhakhshani who had a similar profile. I kinda doubt it.

For his size he's not quick enough. Nice hands on the PP & shootout, but otherwise a liability.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He might have been a long-shot but he certainly was skilled and a very good youngish AHL player (which is not an un-notable achievement), so it’s not really fun to just see him head back home, even give hurdles he may have faced establishing an NHL career.

I guess you can say they brought over a “replacement” in Tsyplakov - who brings a much different style and perhaps more NHL-worthy package but yeah, it’s still not great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad