GDT: Running Preseason GDT | Game 3 | CBJ @ WSH | 7 PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Nashville's got cancelled because it was in Tampa, but that's kind of blatantly obvious. No idea why Washington would need to take a similar measure.
Ok... racking my brain a bit and then a quick Google, Hurricane Helene. Thanks. Wrong side of the pond so some of the more obvious national things get lost in transmission. Hope everybody there is ok.

Someone in the Washington GDT said Mangiapane was indeed one of the pallbearers along with Monahan and Hayes.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Pyyhtia seems to be getting a lot of ice time in Columbus games. I assume he’ll be one of the next ones sent down after todays game.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Nashville's got cancelled because it was in Tampa, but that's kind of blatantly obvious. No idea why Washington would need to take a similar measure.
Helene arced northest and slammed inland SC, NC, and Virginia. Jackets plane was delayed getting into DC. Gametime is bumped back to 8:15 eastern per Svoboda:

Reactions: Viqsi

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Well, we were foretold. Bleh, no game for me then.

Pyyhtia seems to be getting a lot of ice time in Columbus games. I assume he’ll be one of the next ones sent down after todays game.
Yeah expecting the same. In the last game radio guy McElligott was commending Pyyhtia on "doing a lot of little things right". I guess that's why he's still up and got some NHL games last season too.

I hope the best for him but don't really see him becoming a regular at the NHL level.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Well, we were foretold. Bleh, no game for me then.

Yeah expecting the same. In the last game radio guy McElligott was commending Pyyhtia on "doing a lot of little things right". I guess that's why he's still up and got some NHL games last season too.

I hope the best for him but don't really see him becoming a regular at the NHL level.
Pyyhtia seems like a guy who just simply doesn’t make mistakes but also doesn’t really produce anything on his own. There’s room for that in the NHL, especially cap-strapped contenders needing cheap bottom-sizers. He’ll probably be a good shut-down fourth-liner on a few teams before heading home.

Reactions: Viqsi and CBJx614

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad