Run-off Poll: Guy Lafleur 1978 Vs Sidney Crosby 2014

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which is the superior offensive season?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Crosby pretty easily as his home road splits were like this

40-19-36-55
40-17-31-48

For Guy and that stacked Habs team it was like this

40-39-44-83
38-21-28-49

Crosby also lead the league by a larger margin but that type of stat is less indicative of anything than the one above IMO but the supporting players, especially Dmen favour Lafleur by quite a bit that season in terms of better support for breakouts unless one thinks Matt Niskanen is somehow close to peak Larry Robinson and Guy Lapointe.

Reactions: authentic

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Crosby pretty easily as his home road splits were like this

40-19-36-55
40-17-31-48

For Guy and that stacked Habs team it was like this

40-39-44-83
38-21-28-49

Crosby also lead the league by a larger margin but that type of stat is less indicative of anything than the one above IMO but the supporting players, especially Dmen favour Lafleur by quite a bit that season in terms of better support for breakouts unless one thinks Matt Niskanen is somehow close to peak Larry Robinson and Guy Lapointe.

I was almost considering Lafleur until I read this. Pretty clearly Crosby here.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Never going to understand the fascination with Crosby’s 2013-2014. He had zero competition. Four of the five players behind him in PPG missed 22, 23, 45, and 37 games.

I guess it’s because he has so few dominant seasons, he needs it?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Never going to understand the fascination with Crosby’s 2013-2014. He had zero competition. Four of the five players behind him in PPG missed 22, 23, 45, and 37 games.

I'm wondering if there is a point here as that's the season picked by the OP as Art Ross seasons I'm assuming and none of the other players really came close to Crosby and 1.30 (Malkin was next with 1.20) and like I said upthread,

I guess it’s because he has so few dominant seasons, he needs it?

Crosby has such a dominant prime so no he doesn't "need it"

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
I'm wondering if there is a point here as that's the season picked by the OP as Art Ross seasons

Crosby has such a dominant prime so no he doesn't "need it”

1. The point is that Crosby is winning the poll over Lafleur, who led the league in goals, was second in assists, led in plus/minus, led in EVG, led the league in EVP with 96, led in GWG…you know, categories where if it wasn’t Crosby’s life at stake for some posters, Lafleur would be a shoo in, judging by how they normally vote. He beat Trottier for the Art Ross, which automatically makes his competition a clear step up, particularly when key injuries to key injuries inflate Crosby’s margin of victory.

2. The season in question was his second and last Art Ross win. Yeah, he was so dominant, losing clean at age 21, 22, 27, and 28, while leaning on what if fantasies in the middle.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
1. The point is that Crosby is winning the poll over Lafleur, who led the league in goals, was second in assists, led in plus/minus, led in EVG, led the league in EVP with 96, led in GWG…you know, categories where if it wasn’t Crosby’s life at stake for some posters, Lafleur would be a shoo in, judging by how they normally vote. He beat Trottier for the Art Ross, which automatically makes his competition a clear step up, particularly when key injuries to key injuries inflate Crosby’s margin of victory.

2. The season in question was his second and last Art Ross win. Yeah, he was so dominant, losing clean at age 21, 22, 27, and 28, while leaning on what if fantasies in the middle.
We are going to agree to disagree here as Crosby's overall performance is simply better, even with the Trottier name dropping as trottier really broke out with the addition of Bossy and the long arc of Potvin as well.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
We are going to agree to disagree here as Crosby's overall performance is simply better, even with the Trottier name dropping as trottier really broke out with the addition of Bossy and the long arc of Potvin as well.

How is it better? I saw something about Lafleur averaging over two points at home being a negative, so I’m confused.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad