Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Keep Nuge Forever

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Thing that's crazy about Staples is his non-hockey opinions are even worse than his hockey opinions, which are terrible.

Staples might be the worst hockey blogger out there.

Every move the Oilers do is good, and when it doesn't pan out he rails on it.

Oilers can do no wrong, the players are amazing, can't call a spade a spade etc etc

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Only real way I see Lucic talks firing up again is if Eriksson changes his mind and will waive for Edmonton

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010

Oilers can do no wrong, the players are amazing, can't call a spade a spade etc etc
Staples wrote an article about how he liked the Talus Dome, i.e. the ridiculous metal balls, on the Quesnell Bridge.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Stauffer only reliability is his unreliability sometime

He drops lots if hints but they only come true about 3% of the time

It’s hard to know too because sometimes things do actually have truth but don’t come to be. We almost got Karlsson 2 years ago, but he wouldn’t waive for us.

Only real way I see Lucic talks firing up again is if Eriksson changes his mind and will waive for Edmonton

Ya I could see it being an October thing. If he gets waived, and they’re going to send him to Utica, he might decide it’s better to be in Edmonton playing with the best player in the world as opposed to riding a bus.

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010

Sounds like spec

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Apparently not smart enough to sign basically their own version of the Lucic contract in Neal though, lol.

The cheaper, shorter, more productive Neal?

I do think Neal bounces back for 20 goals this year. Lucic? I'd be surprised if he gets 20 points.

Reactions: Yeah15

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It’s hard to know too because sometimes things do actually have truth but don’t come to be. We almost got Karlsson 2 years ago, but he wouldn’t waive for us.

Ya I could see it being an October thing. If he gets waived, and they’re going to send him to Utica, he might decide it’s better to be in Edmonton playing with the best player in the world as opposed to riding a bus.
The other thing is his agent and the Nucks are apparently working together on a trade. That usually means the agent is in talks with other teams.

If the agent finds out that no one really wants him maybe Eriksson changes his mind.

Have our Swedes played with Loui internationally? Maybe a call from them helps. Does he get along with Tippett/Gulutzan? If so maybe Dave/Glen calls him, if they don't get along then maybe it's just not in the cards.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Neal is not a similar player to Lucic :laugh:
Calgary wasn’t looking for toughness and protection when signing Neal

Although now Calgary’s situation has changed a little with Hathaway and Prout signing elsewhere.

Yeah, they were looking for Neal to be a scorer and then Peters ended up playing him in the bottom 6.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Stauffer cant hardly help but be the most reliable as he is literally on both the plane and the Oilers payroll. He is worth a listen for that reason alone, plus the guy really does know his stuff/history. He talks over guests a bit, and his position puts him in awkward “Baghdad Bob” situations, but he’s got a good thing going.

Lowetide is my favourite local guy. I love his demeanour and he brings a lot of critical thinking and knowledge to the position.

I like the Staples/McCurdy tandem. Good eyes untainted by being too close to the Oilers. I think some of the Staples detractors dont like him because of his politics. Maybe I’m wrong but thats a topic for another day.

Gregor.....Sometimes he’s an absolute beauty (like his annual ‘letter to his dad’ that makes me cry like a little girl) and other times he comes across as arrogant and it just turns me off.

Spector is awesome in that nobody gives it to the Oilers with both barrels when they screw up like he does.

Ray Ferraro is just the best. Nobody gives you the straight goods like Ray. He cuts through the crap and tells you exactly how things are on the ice and in the locker room. The fact that he’s funny as hell is just icing in the cake. More please!

I dont have strong opinions either way on Rishaug, Leavins, or Willis.

D Staples used to have an account here. He was a worse poster than blogger. He started out OK but when several posters went at him on how bad his developing "errors stat: was (including me) he started taking the low ride, insulting, claiming that his opinion was more important because he was a paid writer. It was painful viewing. He was basically laughed off the board all the while claiming his opinion should automatically be respected and that anonymous posters could screw off. Most of his shtick here in response to any disagreement was his claim that people should reveal themselves online, like he does and that it was dishonest not to do that.

He had difficulty understanding even that he should not be including lost faceoffs, for Centers, as errors as this would result in Centers getting worse numbers relative to other players. His response? So what?

Staples is better when he sticks to the news. He's good at consolidating information, but not always with knowing what it all means.

Lowetide, Willis used to post here as well. Lowetide was a pretty class guy here and built out his chops and following posting here. Lowetide developed his stream of consciousness type posting here. He's more interesting than most, in that he has a somewhat unique style.

Not sure why, and its probably completely weird, but I get Spector and Gregor mixed up all the time. Probably because I know little about either and don't follow anything either has to say.

Ferraro? This never gets old:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
“The most important thing to look for when you sign a PTO is how many rosters spots are realistically available,” an NHL agent texted me this morning. “You don’t want to go to a team that just needs a veteran for training camp fodder. He dresses only to fill a spot in some of the meaningless preseason games, but doesn’t have a chance to make the team. If I had a veteran forward looking to get a real chance I would recommend signing a PTO with Edmonton,” continued the text.

Roster Realities for the Oilers

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
“The most important thing to look for when you sign a PTO is how many rosters spots are realistically available,” an NHL agent texted me this morning. “You don’t want to go to a team that just needs a veteran for training camp fodder. He dresses only to fill a spot in some of the meaningless preseason games, but doesn’t have a chance to make the team. If I had a veteran forward looking to get a real chance I would recommend signing a PTO with Edmonton,” continued the text.

Roster Realities for the Oilers

Is this Chiasson's agent. heh, essentially what he did. Its a decent strategy, one would think, and especially for vet players. Or even players that have had trouble sticking in other lineups. With the proviso though is that a fair number of players have been pretty much ruined here.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The cheaper, shorter, more productive Neal?

I do think Neal bounces back for 20 goals this year. Lucic? I'd be surprised if he gets 20 points.

I don't think either one is bouncing back significantly in terms of numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad