Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Will Holland get us anything for Christmas?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Holland will get us...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think I'd rather look at Brandon Saad in that case, otherwise in the summer we're stuck in the same spot again with poor forward depth again and having to overpay some UFA.

Saad is under contract for another year at least.

Don't like Saad's contract at all.

TheUltimateOiler

Oct 21, 2019
I'm pretty sure the Oilers are calling up Bouchard.
On my yahoo he is no longer listed as N/A.
Also , on db his stats show the Oilers for 19/20.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Still too much. I don't think he's more than a 7M dollar player now. Too much injury risk and he's apparently lost a lot of speed.

Idk. I think Devils fans are like Oilers fans around 2009. We thought we had no use for Horcoff, Hemsky, Penner with Cogliano Gags and Nilsson.

But you have Hall eating all the tough matchups. Idk.

Reactions: Aerrol

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Idk. I think Devils fans are like Oilers fans around 2009. We thought we had no use for Horcoff, Hemsky, Penner with Cogliano Gags and Nilsson.

But you have Hall eating all the tough matchups. Idk.

He's still a valuable player if used properly. Just don't think he's worth 8.5M long term.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
As much as i still am not a fan of Holland I'll be pretty happy if the team he already tweaked can just maintain our playoff birth through X-mas. Even more so if the team can maintain a playoff position right to the end season.

Thats the best gift he can give.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
He's still a valuable player if used properly. Just don't think he's worth 8.5M long term.

I'd bet money that he'd be well worth 8.5 for the next three years at least. The concern is more what happens after that. Even with scoring up, 8.5M for scoring around a PPG is easily fair UFA pay, maybe even a discount if salaries rise.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'd bet money that he'd be well worth 8.5 for the next three years at least. The concern is more what happens after that. Even with scoring up, 8.5M for scoring around a PPG is easily fair UFA pay, maybe even a discount if salaries rise.

He's on pace for about 66 points this year, which, if you account for increased scoring, is actually a sub-60 point pace even four years ago.

If he's lost speed, the decline will be rapid once it starts. He's not a player who can rely on smarts and hands to overcome his loss of speed.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I mean no chance in hell is Kreider re-upping for 6 mill x 1 year, that contract would be favorable to the Oilers needs.

I still wouldn't mind not having a cap albatross on our hands next year if it doesn't work with said forward. I think Holland wants as much cap flexibility as possible going into next summer anyways.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
As much as i still am not a fan of Holland I'll be pretty happy if the team he already tweaked can just maintain our playoff birth through X-mas. Even more so if the team can maintain a playoff position right to the end season.

Thats the best gift he can give.
They are 1st in the Pacific, 2nd in the West and 5th in the NHL. Maybe stop acting like and treating this team like they're barely in a Wild Card spot.

NHL Hockey Standings

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I still wouldn't mind not having a cap albatross on our hands next year if it doesn't work with said forward. I think Holland wants as much cap flexibility as possible going into next summer anyways.

To sign who though, lol. If you're not getting Kreider and Hall, then who really is even available.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
To sign who though, lol. If you're not getting Kreider and Hall, then who really is even available.

Every year the Oilers are unable to take advantage of teams looking to shed cap, only to watch some other team pick up a useful player for pennies on the dollar because they had the cap space to absorb a contract. I think Holland knows this too.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
You're still not a fan?!?!

What did he do, run over your dog???

I loathe the Sekera buyout and disdain the Broberg pick over Zegras.

Neal, Tippett, and Smith are good right now but I'm curious about long term.

Bottom 6 scoring is still very bad.

You don't need a better example of how bad a GM Holland can be than a quick glance at how putrid Detroit is and will be for who knows long.

Credit where due tho, so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad