Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: "Wheat Kings and Pretty Things, Let's See What The Expansion Draft Brings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
When Kassian is on = when he is playing with mcdavid, just like last year once again, they stick him back with mcdavid at the end of the year and all of a suddenly it is ; oh he is finding his game.

Stick Benson on mcdavids wing for 30 games and everyone and his dog will be praising his great play.

Kassian sucks unless given gold plated mcdavidmintues. Miss a chance to actually shed a mistake contract or at least protect a still useful player.
You can't just stick anyone with McDavid and have it work. That's been proven numerous times. Some guys might have great stretches but that's really it.

Benson and McDavid would be awful together though. Benson is weak on the boards, slow skater and is a pass first player. Very much the wrong kind of player for McDavid

Reactions: Anarchism

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

giphy.gif

Meanwhile Kassian hasn't been 'on' in awhile

I mean he’s was one of few good players in the playoffs and actually scored a goal
Not that long ago

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
When Kassian is on = when he is playing with mcdavid, just like last year once again, they stick him back with mcdavid at the end of the year and all of a suddenly it is ; oh he is finding his game.

Stick Benson on mcdavids wing for 30 games and everyone and his dog will be praising his great play.

Kassian sucks unless given gold plated mcdavidmintues. Miss a chance to actually shed a mistake contract or at least protect a still useful player.
Just like Ty Rattie was gonna score 30 playing with McDavid

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Would like to see Grubauer or Ullmark signed, and prices could be more reasonable than one might expect. Not too many teams looking for a 1A starter and if Seattle sign Drieger they may be out of that mix. Truly, which teams are in the market for a 1A starter?

Definitely:
Edmonton
Buffalo
Colorado

Maybe:
Detroit
Arizona (Kuemper not re-upping)
Dallas (will Bishop play again?)
New Jersey (high on Blackwood)
Chicago (Lankinen up and down last year)
Boston (may run with Swayman)

All other clubs seem to be locked into a pricey goalie already.

I like what Ullmark has put up on a really weak team. 27. Good size. I bet you could get him at between 3-4M on 4-5 year term.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta

Don't you just hope Benson finds the centre he needs in Seattle and blossoms into a really good player.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
You can't just stick anyone with McDavid and have it work. That's been proven numerous times. Some guys might have great stretches but that's really it.

Benson and McDavid would be awful together though. Benson is weak on the boards, slow skater and is a pass first player. Very much the wrong kind of player for McDavid
Agreed very wrong player for McDavid.
Benson needs a scoring type center where he is the creator/general not the centre and either a sniper on RW or power forward type.
For example......Benson Tierney Hoffman/Armia would work well.
McLeod did okay. And Marody had enough experience and skill to play RW on a down year for the AHL.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
He has a playoff points per game of .17. Five points in 29 games. Kris Russell’s - yes, Kris Russell’s - is .37. 20 points in 54 games. Playoffs Kris Russell >>> Playoffs Zack Kassian.

I think it's because he dominated that one game.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Agreed very wrong player for McDavid.
Benson needs a scoring type center where he is the creator/general not the centre and either a sniper on RW or power forward type.
For example......Benson Tierney Hoffman/Armia would work well.
McLeod did okay. And Marody had enough experience and skill to play RW on a down year for the AHL.

Mcdavids 40+ goal seasons make him a horrible goal scorer….

But I don’t think Benson would work with Mcdavid either. Mcdavid LW needs to be a goal scorer since most of his goals are off the rush he doesn’t really need a playmaking winger.

I always thought he’d do good on Draisaitl’s LW. Draisaitl slows the game down which benefits Benson and Bensons play making would benefit Draisaitl.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
What happens if Price retires early? Is Montreal on the hook?

Habs not on the hook. He would just be giving up a crapload of money. Not of those deals where the player gets 1M in the last few years. His minimum salary is 7.5M in the lowest year. He’s not retiring any time soon.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Mcdavids 40+ goal seasons make him a horrible goal scorer….

But I don’t think Benson would work with Mcdavid either. Mcdavid LW needs to be a goal scorer since most of his goals are off the rush he doesn’t really need a playmaking winger.

I always thought he’d do good on Draisaitl’s LW. Draisaitl slows the game down which benefits Benson and Bensons play making would benefit Draisaitl.
Benson would do wonders for Rnh and Draisaitl could really use a power forward/shooter. We have one coming for Draisaitl or McDavid but he maybe 50 AHL games and 50 games in the show for experience and strength before he gets there.
Even Benson RNH Pulju would work.

Last edited:

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Archibald is one of the few forwards we have that takes the body regularly.

And is our number one PK F. I keep hearing that these guys are a dime a dozen, yet we recycle thru them every year, and Archi is really the only one in the bottom six that has worked out. He’s a proven NHLer that makes our team better. Benson is a prospect that time is running out on. Not a sure thing at all. If we are in win now mode you go with actual effective NHL players.

ilovetheshowlost

Sep 8, 2016
@duul if your Hall claim proves to be true, around these parts, you (and/or the others who had similar claims) should symbolically take up the mantle of SpeedyTurtle! All your future rumours will be so exciting! This place needs some excitement once and a while!

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
And is our number one PK F. I keep hearing that these guys are a dime a dozen, yet we recycle thru them every year, and Archi is really the only one in the bottom six that has worked out. He’s a proven NHLer that makes our team better. Benson is a prospect that time is running out on. Not a sure thing at all. If we are in win now mode you go with actual effective NHL players.
Agree with this. Hope Benson gets a good shot in Seattle though.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Spector says Hyman and Schwartz are the top two targets to be McDavid's LWer.

Schwartz is the easy choice just based on salary.
Sounds very much like Armstrong and Schwartz have an understanding in place?
Hyman has 5 0r 6 teams with alot of interest. Are you willing to pay something like 5.5 mil x 5 or 6.? If we did get him can his knees be insured ...lol.
Maybe our 1LW will come via trade during the entry draft.

CravenMH

Aug 6, 2020
It's not so much losing Benson, but more so protecting Kassian for no good reason

I'm praying Holland leaves Kassian exposed and he gets claimed. That 3.2M cap space in this current free agency climate (flat cap, UFAs getting less) would be huge
I think it's good asset management. Kassian would bring you more back in a trade than a good AHL player who couldn't crack a low end NHL roster after a couple years. If he couldn't make this crappy roster, it's not a good sign. This guy is way overrated by quite a few posters.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
I think it's good asset management. Kassian would bring you more back in a trade than a good AHL player who couldn't crack a low end NHL roster after a couple years. If he couldn't make this crappy roster, it's not a good sign. This guy is way overrated by quite a few posters.
Yes Holland protected Kassian as a trade chip as that's his main value to the team now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad