Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: "Wheat Kings and Pretty Things, Let's See What The Expansion Draft Brings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Blues not protecting Tarasenko is pretty surprising to me...

I’d be pretty upset as a fan

Reactions: McTonyBrar

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I'm fully expecting Holland to drop the ball this off-season. The guy is is waisting all his energy trying to overpay for Hyman, brings in skeletor, and isn't even paying attention to the goalie market.

He will single handedly f*** up our cap space on all the wrong guys.

We should be looking at guys like J Schwartz, Halak, Goodrow, Leddy, etc etc etc , instead he will bring in an overrated secondary player at 6 mill who is nearly 30 and , a near 40 year old who is playing out until his retirement, and hasn't even looked at the goalie market.

We need a young GM who thinks on his feet, not an aging gm has been who thinks he is in the 90's

North

Jun 25, 2009
Cap space is massive right now with a flat cap and the meager gain coming next summer. I think that is lost on a lot of people. You can see what the Islanders just paid to get Ladd off the books. So many teams would love to find a way to dump cap space.

The Oilers are valuing intangibles at maybe the biggest premium of any team in the NHL now, thinking guys like Keith and Kassin are worth more than any other team would be willing to give them. I suppose we'll see how that pays off...but we've been doing that for some time now. Intangibles with guys that can't perform at a high level have not given many tangible results so far. Both with guys on the ice, and amazing past winners flooding our front office.

Kassian was signed at a different time, but we have heard there is interest in him.

The LD position behind Nurse needed to be addressed. Should there have been retention? Sure but the fact is, Chicago wasn’t really over a barrel here because Keith have them another option.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Montreal is stupid if they did that, Seattle has a ton of cap room and Price would be a marquee add that could help get them into the playoffs fast.

I'd select him in an instant if I was Seattle. A big part of the reason Vegas was good straight away is because they got gifted a top end goalie in MAF.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'm fully expecting Holland to drop the ball this off-season. The guy is is waisting all his energy trying to overpay for Hyman, brings in skeletor, and isn't even paying attention to the goalie market.

He will single handedly f*** up our cap space on all the wrong guys.

We should be looking at guys like J Schwartz, Halak, Goodrow, Leddy, etc etc etc , instead he will bring in an overrated secondary player at 6 mill who is nearly 30 and , a near 40 year old who is playing out until his retirement, and hasn't even looked at the goalie market.

We need a young GM who thinks on his feet, not am aging has been who thinks he is in the 90's
Absolutely it's why he overpaid Nuge so much, plans to overpay Larsson and Smith.

But you can rest easy, the season ended after the Keith trade, the rest is just set dressing

Reactions: McRpro and North

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
It's not so much losing Benson, but more so protecting Kassian for no good reason

I'm praying Holland leaves Kassian exposed and he gets claimed. That 3.2M cap space in this current free agency climate (flat cap, UFAs getting less) would be huge

This might sound bad but losing Kassian to Seattle would make me feel a lot better about the inevitable hyman overpay.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Oooh, Price and Quick. Obviously you take the guy with the cup rings and conn smythe so he can teach everyone else how to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad