Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: "Wheat Kings and Pretty Things, Let's See What The Expansion Draft Brings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I still think Holland should have waited until after the expansion draft to make this trade. There’s a chance that as we got closer to the deadline, Chicago would get more desperate to buy Kieth out or trade him with retention but we’ll never know because Holland blinked first.

Why aren't fans realizing that Chicago didn't want to trade Keith at all? They traded him because of his request to go close to BC that's all. With retention, I guarantee they wanted a first round pick. Would you trade that?

Reactions: Oilers in NS

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
From an Oilers perspective, I do not like. Assuming Kraken select him, Blues are likely going big game hunting for a winger which has a trickle down effect and increases the price of all UFA wingers.
They have like no forwards signed anyways. If Tarasenko goes it's... O'Reilly, Schenn, Perron, Blais, Clifford. Barashev, Kyrou and Thomas are RFA's.

A few teams are already going to overpay guys to overpay

Reactions: oilers'72

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
sorry. What was it Nick leddy and Duncan Keith have in common again ? One was wanted by a team. One was desperately wanted off a team.
This^^
In fact, one was wanted by at least two teams, but one agreed to move him at his request and the other one wasn’t wanted by all 32 teams.

Reactions: oilers'72

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
From an Oilers perspective, I do not like. Assuming Kraken select him, Blues are likely going big game hunting for a winger which has a trickle down effect and increases the price of all UFA wingers.

Seattle's probably going to take Dunn. If the Blues are prepared to lose Tarasenko for nothing, there's probably some redflags in regards to his shoulder.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Seattle's probably going to take Dunn. If the Blues are prepared to lose Tarasenko for nothing, there's probably some redflags in regards to his shoulder.
Or they realize how much they miss having a #1D in Pietrangelo and hope to free up enough cap space to sign Hamilton.

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
Whether or not the deal works out, Duncan Keith played 24 minutes a game as his teams #1 defenseman last year. Andrew Ladd played exactly 1 game... with the AHL Bridgeport Tigers, after playing most of the 18-19 season with the Bridgeport Tigers.

You can dislike a trade without making stupid, disingenuous comparisons that ruin an entire page of this thread imo.

Eh. He lost the starters job after several years of decline to a 26 year old making less than a million.

5.8 million for two more years of sub .900 goaltending is... not ideal.
No! By game 15 of the season he was playing 17 minutes per game against lesser opponents and still stunk

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
No! By game 15 of the season he was playing 17 minutes per game against lesser opponents and still stunk

So your assertion is that he played like 45 minutes a game in those first 15 games? Because that math doesn't work otherwise.

EDIT: All it took was a quick glance at his Game Log to see this post is BS. He averaged a consistent 23+ minutes in every single split. He played under 20 minutes three times: First game, last game and one in mid-February.

Regardless, the comparison is idiotic. Ladd has legitimately not played in the NHL for two years. He's a pure cap dump. Keith is an NHL player that asked for a trade, and is going to play in the NHL. It might be bad, but it's not in the same category of trade. Clearly.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Why aren't fans realizing that Chicago didn't want to trade Keith at all? They traded him because of his request to go close to BC that's all. With retention, I guarantee they wanted a first round pick. Would you trade that?

It could all be posturing by Chicago. I’m sure they’d rather have the 4.5 million in cap space over keeping Kieth on the team.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
And I don't believe Holland should be employed by the Edmonton Oilers, I've been pretty vocal about that.

And I think 1/2 poster on here calling people names should be banned for life . I am also 100% sure Holland is smarter then most posters and with that even tho I didn’t like the trade I will wait and see how new season plays out

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
This is a bad post, and you should feel bad. Apples are in fact not oranges.

You feel the guy we got is awesome sauce he doesn;t why should he feel bad? the whole issue are the people that love the player and those that think he is done like dinner. The oilers are paying a huge price for this guy so he better bring what the lovers say he is going to bring.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Watch Bobby nicks reunite team Canada.

Getzlaf, Keith and price.

Well, 2/3 could be a thing.

I haven't heard as much about Getzlaf as I was expecting. There was a rumor over a year ago the Oilers were on his trade list (as in, he would come here). As a right-handed veteran centre with probably enough juice to play 3C, if he's game... I'd have time for it.

Is there any talk about what's going on with him?

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Watch Bobby nicks reunite team Canada.

Getzlaf, Keith and price.

5694CE7C-6FA0-4D3C-9FD4-B000F3B5D9EE.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events