Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: "Wheat Kings and Pretty Things, Let's See What The Expansion Draft Brings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
... Use your head man. Keith has been Chicagos #1 for his whole career and he has had one bad season. Ladd has played 4 NHL games in 2 years. He's also been terrible in the AHL. What are you talking about?

I still think Holland should have waited until after the expansion draft to make this trade. There’s a chance that as we got closer to the deadline, Chicago would get more desperate to buy Kieth out or trade him with retention but we’ll never know because Holland blinked first.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
you have the lost the plot junior. Comparing Ladd to Keith to like comparing me to Leonardo DiCaprio--just does not work.

Keith will be a good fit to the team, whether you like it or now

NO one is happy we gave up a pick--but Keith bring stuff that we have missed--leadership and experience--

and before you say he is done

Duncan Keith

he played a lot last season on a bad team and that has hurt his numbers--with the oilers he wont be asked to be the number 1 D--Nurse has that job and Keith is more than likely to play with Larsson(just a guess)--

How many games did Ladd play in the NHL this season? 1 game?

I'd be shocked if a single poster on here could name Chi #1 center last year without googling it.

They were a horrible team

Reactions: McTonyBrar and jeg

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I still think Holland should have waited until after the expansion draft to make this trade. There’s a chance that as we got closer to the deadline, Chicago would get more desperate to buy Kieth out or trade him with retention but we’ll never know because Holland blinked first.
That's very true. When you see what has happened recently, it seems obvious that waiting might have given us more options.

The only defense of Holland is if we seriously believe that Seattle wanted Keith at full price. Also, that Keith is our guy. Better than the names that became available

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
What if he was picked in the expansion draft?

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Whether or not the deal works out, Duncan Keith played 24 minutes a game as his teams #1 defenseman last year. Andrew Ladd played exactly 1 game... with the AHL Bridgeport Tigers, after playing most of the 18-19 season with the Bridgeport Tigers.

You can dislike a trade without making stupid, disingenuous comparisons that ruin an entire page of this thread imo.

that is interesting

Eh. He lost the starters job after several years of decline to a 26 year old making less than a million.

5.8 million for two more years of sub .900 goaltending is... not ideal.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Eh. He lost the starters job after several years of decline to a 26 year old making less than a million.

5.8 million for two more years of sub .900 goaltending is... not ideal.

just saw that--and realized I had lost the plot on him because I had not seen him play in 3 years

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
just saw that--and realized I had lost the plot on him because I had not seen him play in 3 years

The only time I ever saw him play was the double hat trick game back in March 2019. Nuge, Leon and Kass lit him up for 5 in the 1st period.

Boy was that game fun! :D

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Quick feels like a good Holland target. He's got veteran experience and cup rings and his contract bleeds into Nurse's extension. It's perfect!

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Quick is donezo.

3165e7ec4349e0decda83e8901eb8a71.png

tabs

Oct 30, 2009

That's very true. When you see what has happened recently, it seems obvious that waiting might have given us more options.

The only defense of Holland is if we seriously believe that Seattle wanted Keith at full price. Also, that Keith is our guy. Better than the names that became available
What difference would waiting have made in this scenario? Bowman is protecting Jones instead of Keith. There wasn’t an extra dman on the hawks that they were worried about losing like everyone was suggesting, so the ED deadline doesn’t change a thing for Bowman. Instead of Jones he would have protected Keith. Instead of Keith we would have protected Jones.

Reactions: North
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad