Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Rishaug: Expect Swedish FA Theodor Lennstrom Signing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
If he doesn't have trade value now, I don't see how another year drastically will change that.

If he can't be dealt he should just sign with the Oilers and come over. If things don't go well he can go on waivers and any other team can take him.

Yeah I see zero benefit to Jesse staying in Finland for another year for anyone. He needs to show he can play in a higher quality league.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
A couple interesting names about to go UFA after possibly going unsigned.

What are some opinions on Allan McShane and Blade Jenkins? McLeod played briefly with the latter in Saginaw.

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
A couple interesting names about to go UFA after possibly going unsigned. my

What are some opinions on Allan McShane and Blade Jenkins? McLeod played briefly with the latter in Saginaw.

I'd give Jenkins an AHL contract. Might be an NHL 4th liner there someday, IMO. I'd pass on McShane. I don't think his skating has improved enough to have any NHL potential.

Declan Chisholm is probably the guy I'd be most interested in, but I'm guessing he'll choose somewhere a little lighter on defense.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Who will our extra skaters be I wonder ?
Ennis - McDavid - Kassian
RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Athanasiou - Haas - Chiasson
Khaira - Sheahan - Archibald
Neal - Granlund - Russell
Nygard - McLeod

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Bear
Russell - Green
Jones - Benning
Lagesson - Bouchard
Broberg

Reactions: MessierII

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Who will our extra skaters be I wonder ?

Holland said 10 dmen and hinted at maybe Broberg.

Klefbom
Nurse
Larsson
Jones
Bear
Benning
Russell
Green
Bouchard
Broberg

That leaves room for 18 forwards.

McDavid
Draisaitl
RNH
Yama
Kassian
Neal
Athanasiou
Ennis
Archibald
Sheahan
Khaira
Chiasson
Haas
Russell
Benson

That leaves 3 more.

Assuming Granlund is out, I'd guess Marody, Jurco and McLeod?

It's late and I forgot Lagesson and Nygard. Yikes. Add them and cut Marody and Jurco

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Granlund wouldn't be out simply because he's an option at center and kills penalties effectively. No chance Marody gets a look after the year he just had. And I think it'd be one or the other when it came to Benson or McLeod. I lean towards the guy who plays pivot.

Last edited:

duul

Jun 21, 2010
If Holland is adamant on 10 defencemen, then it's Willy or Broberg. I'd choose Broberg just for the experience and the chances of sustaining that many injuries is low. Hell, he might even be a better player than Lagesson is anyway.

Reactions: KYams17

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If Holland is adamant on 10 defencemen, then it's Willy or Broberg. I'd choose Broberg just for the experience and the chances of sustaining that many injuries is low. Hell, he might even be a better player than Lagesson is anyway.
Broberg probably will be but Lagesson is better right now. Lagessons SHL 2 seasons ago was decently better than Brobergs current. Also Holland didn't sound like he wanted to bring him over.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Thought he said at least 10 dmen. Could easily be 11, so both could be here. Leaves 18 forwards, which should be plenty.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Broberg probably will be but Lagesson is better right now. Lagessons SHL 2 seasons ago was decently better than Brobergs current. Also Holland didn't sound like he wanted to bring him over.
Ehn, points don't tell the whole story. Broberg is 18, Willy was 22. Had 4 years growth on Broberg and managed to put up 5 more points. I'd also like to mention that Broberg's skating is so vastly superior to Willy's that he could end up being a better NHL defender right now due to that alone. Lagesson looked real slow in his games this year in the NHL.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Ehn, points don't tell the whole story. Broberg is 18, Willy was 22. Had 4 years growth on Broberg and managed to put up 5 more points. I'd also like to mention that Broberg's skating is so vastly superior to Willy's that he could end up being a better NHL defender right now due to that alone. Lagesson looked real slow in his games this year in the NHL.

I thought Lagesson's skating was actually OK. It wasn't like he wasn't getting beat to the outside every game. His issue was puck skills and making decisions at NHL speed.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I am not well informed on this matter, but why can we bring in Broberg but not Puljujarvi? Is he not signed?

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I am not well informed on this matter, but why can we bring in Broberg but not Puljujarvi? Is he not signed?
Correct Pulju is not signed, now if he would be willing to sign and the league allows it then he would be a great add for the playoff run. Montreal I know is trying to get the league to allow them to sign Romanov and have him play in those games.

With the NHL draft/player movement, more than likely not happening till October and the season next year probably not kicking of till January. Pulju probably signs a new deal, probably soon, to stay in the Liiga another year, but maybe puts an NHL out clause if he chooses to come back in the January for next season, but more likely when the Liiga probably kicks off again this fall he just decides to play out another year there.

An issue no one is really talking about is the AHL, they can’t play next fall without fans, they just can’t afford it, or some if not most of there teams can’t. It’s very likely that teams will start loaning out their prospects to the Liiga,SHL, DEL and possibly others to just have them start playing in October again. With their season cancelled you’re not going to have your 20-25 YO prospects sit 10 months of what could be crucial development time. Despite that some may black ace for those in the playoffs

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Ennis McDavid Kassian
Hopkins Draisaitl Yamamoto
Athanasiou Haas Chiasson
Nygard Sheahan Archibald
Neal Kharia Russell
Benson Granlund

All these guys are no brainers, after that i'm guessing one of Gambradella, Malone, Currie, Jurco, or McLeod get picked. I doubt Jurco, and i'm not sure he's healthy, but he did play games so it's a possibility. I wouldn't be shocked if it was Malone as he's a vet with NHL experience. If I was taking a forward there I'd probably take Currie as he's versatile, a righty, and provides a glimmer of hope for offensive depth. My guess though is they take McLeod for the experience assuming they do take 18 forwards.

As for the center situation I read one poster suggest McLeod over Benson as C is more of a need but i'd disagree. Clearly all 3 of McDavid, Draisaitl, Nuge can play top 6 C and Sheahan, Haas, Kharia, Granlund, and even Athanasiou and Ennis have experience there so that's 9 options without including the 18th forward so I doubt they're too worried about center tbh. In fact i wouldn't be shocked if Athanasiou gets a look as 3C in Training Camp as it helps Neal find a spot.

Nurse Bear
Klefbom Green
Jones Larsson
Russell Benning
Lagesson Bouchard

I think this is pretty obvious for the top 8. I actually think there might be some wisdom in taking another Dman instead of a forward since we've seen dcorps be decimated in the playoffs before, i recall the Sabres losing 4 of their regulars in 05-06 during just one series, if that happened to the Oilers they'd have no extra D at all. I doubt they take Manning as he's not worth the headache, if he wasn't a moron he'd probably have been the guy though. Samorukov or Broberg at that point are the next guys up and i think there's a real chance they'd take one of them over an 18th forward, in fact i probably would.

Smith
Koskinen

Starrett
Skinner
Rodrigue

As for goalies lets just pray both Smith and Koskinen stay healthy and don't slump because unless Starrett is now actually healthy they'll be f***ed hard if they need a depth guy to play. My guess is Smith is in Game 1 and Koskinen the next, or one guy gets home and the other road. If they do ride one i'm guessing Smith gets first crack even if I'd go with Koskinen myself, although Training Camp might be the decider. If they can sign Euro prospects they might even try and get Konavolov over as he may be the 3rd best goalie in the organization. Scary lack of depth, i wish they had traded for a guy at the deadline.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryanbryoil

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Was just going to post this. If Holland can convince him to come over, it’d be a nice hire.
Why? We’re doing great in the drafting department since the old boys club purge in 2015. Better than the Canucks IMO.

mullet

Aug 2, 2005
Wonder if they could convince pool party to sign for playoff then trade - would he bite?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I’ve seen other people showing interest him but I can’t really see why. Vancouvers draft record since he’s been with them isn’t something I’d be hoping to emulate.

There’s some discussion over on the Canucks board. Their draft record since 2015 is decent. He’s going to be pursued by multiple teams this summer.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
There’s some discussion over on the Canucks board. Their draft record since 2015 is decent. He’s going to be pursued by multiple teams this summer.
I don’t see what your seeing. The only non 1st rounder they have drafted in that time who is an nhl regular is Adam Gaudette. 1 guy. Only 2 others have played any nhl games.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad