Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Friedman Reports Optimisim Around 4 Year Adam Larsson Extension

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adam Larsson 4 Year Contract. Your Salary Threshold?

• < $3,000,000

• < $3,250,000

• < $3,500,000

• < $3,750,000

• < $4,000,000

• < $4,250,000

• < $4,500,000

• < $4,750,000

• < $5,000,000

• > $5,000,000

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Mr Positive said:
If theres a KHL forward we are bringing back its Slepyshev
On paper I think Jaskin is the most interesting KHL forward 38 goals while the next highest goal scorer sits at 28 goals. Also as an NHL player was always solid defensively and did well possession wise. While I did think he had some untapped offensive touch when he was an NHL player, I don't think his KHL offense will translate in any big way to the NHL, he's not overly quick and KHL d-men have trouble containing big strong guys like him, but NHL d are for more upto the task.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
On paper I think Jaskin is the most interesting KHL forward 38 goals while the next highest goal scorer sits at 28 goals. Also as an NHL player was always solid defensively and did well possession wise. While I did think he had some untapped offensive touch when he was an NHL player, I don't think his KHL offense will translate in any big way to the NHL, he's not overly quick and KHL d-men have trouble containing big strong guys like him, but NHL d are for more upto the task.
I know little of what is going on in the KHL so I will yield to that suggestion. I just meant former Oiler coming back, as we still own Slepyshevs rights and I remember he was killing it on their top line earlier in the season

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I know little of what is going on in the KHL so I will yield to that suggestion. I just meant former Oiler coming back, as we still own Slepyshevs rights and I remember he was killing it on their top line earlier in the season
How much longer do we have his rights for? I do think regardless it's getting close to a now or never shot for him with us.

I'd give him a shot with the agreement if things aren't working that he can go back to the KHL.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
How much longer do we have his rights for? I do think regardless it's getting close to a now or never shot for him with us.

I'd give him a shot with the agreement if things aren't working that he can go back to the KHL.
I'm no expert on that either but I recall people saying this was our last shot to get Slepyshev. This coming offseason I mean. I think he got injured. Maybe hes not as good now?

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
If we get Hart and Tatar this summer I think Stauffer is either going to walk around with an erection all year or have a heart attack from excitement.
Is there talk about Carter Hart being moved? That seems like a piss poor idea.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Is there talk about Carter Hart being moved? That seems like a piss poor idea.
Stauffer is asking the questions. I think it was yesterday him and Weekes were talking about how if you are Hart if you are even re-signing there this off-season. Talk that his agent and himself should be mad at the Flyers organization and AV for publicly bashing Hart. Apparently what was said wasn't even true. I never did look to see what exactly Alain said about Hart.

Edit: Both Weekes and Stauffer did say PHI would be stupid to move him, but they are asking if both sides are seeing eye to eye.

Reactions: GOilers88

North

Jun 25, 2009
Stauffer is asking the questions. I think it was yesterday him and Weekes were talking about how if you are Hart if you are even re-signing there this off-season. Talk that his agent and himself should be mad at the Flyers organization and AV for publicly bashing Hart. Apparently what was said wasn't even true. I never did look to see what exactly Alain said about Hart.

Edit: Both Weekes and Stauffer did say PHI would be stupid to move him, but they are asking if both sides are seeing eye to eye.

Apparently Alain said Hart had to work harder in practice and whatnot. Gostisbehere refuted the idea that Hart doesn’t work hard.

Seems like AV was trying to challenge Hart to be better but some people view it as AV’s habit of ruining young players’ confidence.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

June 30th, but he's signed for next year in the KHL too, so I think that ship has sailed.

His teammate, Konstantin Okulov, is a UFA though, I believe. The Oilers were linked with him last year. Probably the best player on that team. He'd be a nice signing.

Reactions: Samus44

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I don't know how I'd feel about a Hart trade.

Probably costs a pretty penny to get him and he's been horrendous this year. Basically the worst goalie in the league, statistically. If he bounces back though, you've got a franchise goalie for 10 years.

Reactions: McCombo and Aerchon

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I don't think there's a chance in hell Carter Hart is available. The Flyers threw a top goaltending prospect into the fire at age 20. If the franchise is pulling the plug on that gamble three seasons in, I'm questioning if that manager has a plan at all.

Hart is their MVP.
There's rumours he's not seeing eye to eye with the organization though

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Patrick is a player I could see shaking loose. And is probably one of the guys I'd be asking about prior to the expansion draft. He's a player I'd move Bear for.

He’s 100% a buy low candidate (relatively speaking) we should be looking at. Even if he stalls out as ~35 point guy, that’s the right shot 3C we’re needing

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He’s 100% a buy low candidate (relatively speaking) we should be looking at. Even if he stalls out as ~35 point guy, that’s the right shot 3C we’re needing
Right shot center that seems to have the draws under control with high pedigree. Exactly that. Realistic ceiling and I don't think that there's a lot of risk with that player beyond his health issues. He's a player that you can likely keep cost-controlled as well.

That being said, I have to ask what the value is for Philly cutting bait. They're a weird team with a lot of depth though.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Right shot center that seems to have the draws under control with high pedigree. Exactly that. Realistic ceiling and I don't think that there's a lot of risk with that player beyond his health issues. He's a player that you can likely keep cost-controlled as well.

That being said, I have to ask what the value is for Philly cutting bait. They're a weird team with a lot of depth though.

flyers have almost no goalie depth

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
flyers have almost no goalie depth
They do have a 22-year-old franchise goaltender though. Finding a 25-35 game a year responsible backup probably isn't going to be very hard.

They've got the forward depth, decent defensive depth and assuming Seattle scoops up JVR or Voracek in the expansion draft, they'll have some flexibility to address their needs in the off-season.

I like the way that team is built. They're just missing a reliable shutdown defenseman and some consistent secondary scoring IMO.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I don't know how I'd feel about a Hart trade.

Probably costs a pretty penny to get him and he's been horrendous this year. Basically the worst goalie in the league, statistically. If he bounces back though, you've got a franchise goalie for 10 years.
By the sounds of other replies, I think you would probably feel hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
By the sounds of other replies, I think you would probably feel hard.

I don't know. It would really depend on the price.

He's been an absolute train wreck this year. Remember that Sens goalie, Marcus Hogberg, that let in like 10 goals in two games against the Oilers back at the end of January/beginning of February? That's his closest comparable this season, statistically.

He also wasn't overly dominant in the two seasons before that. If you look at stats that take into account chance quality, he was an average starter benefitting from one of the easier workloads in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad