Rumor: Rumors and Proposal Thread | Draft Edition, Rumors In OP/1st Post of Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
I think it shows you how many options we have, that even if we strike out on Talbot, we still have Lack. Strike out on that, we can sign one of Ramo/Niemi. And worst case scenario, barring that, we can trade for a Lehtonen.

That's a lot of options.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
The way things have gone in cowtown lately Talbot will probably win the vezina

Still hope they overpay massively

Calgary will give 2 x seconds. I doubt they'll do a 1st but I guess you never know...

Chia could offer the 33rd and a 3rd but I doubt he'll do both 2nds..

Up to Slats which he prefers.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Calgary will give 2 x seconds. I doubt they'll do a 1st but I guess you never know...

Chia could offer the 33rd and a 3rd but I doubt he'll do both 2nds..

Up to Slats which he prefers.

I still think the Flames will go #15 (they have 15 not 18) for Talbot and 59

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
EDM 2nd (33rd) + Musil would be my "take it or leave it" offer.

IMO that's basically a 1st rounder (a late one) given how we've heard again and again how deep the draft is this year.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
EDM 2nd (33rd) + Musil would be my "take it or leave it" offer.

IMO that's basically a 1st rounder (a late one) given how we've heard again and again how deep the draft is this year.

The fact that the 33rd is pretty much a 1st, and we've heard that's what the Rangers really want, makes me wonder if it's even on the table.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
Can anyone explain to me why we are even interested in Talbot?

Unproven goalie, small sample size, behind one of the leagues best defence.

This just sounds like way to much potential for disaster.

Anyone have a chance to compare Scrivens numbers in LA vs Talbots in NY? I would imagine they are very similar.

Why would you compare Scrivens' 19 games with LA with Talbot's 59 with New York if sample size is a concern?

Scrivens played roughly the same number of games as Talbot prior to coming to Edmonton and posted substantially worse numbers.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Ramo's a UFA so I assume he's not coming back.

I honestly don't know why they wouldn't just run with Hiller/Ramo again. Seemed to work for them.

I think it's because of Ortio? Most Flames fans that I'm friends with have been assuming that they were running with a Hiller/Ortio combo next year.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
My favourite part of getting him, could be the Oilers are just getting a terrific young man. There's nothing to not love about this kid.

I remember listening to his interview about 2 months before the lottery about how he despised players who refused to report to where they're drafted to, thought it was unfair to the game to put yourself above the game, etc. etc.

And I just remember thinking from an attitude perspective, this kid is basically the kid the Oilers would make if they could build a player from scratch.

I always had hope, but the fact that we actually got him is still blowing my mind.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I think it's because of Ortio? Most Flames fans that I'm friends with have been assuming that they were running with a Hiller/Ortio combo next year.

I'd keep him in the AHL. He looked fine for a stretch last year but when the armour started to crack it fell apart.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I remember listening to his interview about 2 months before the lottery about how he despised players who refused to report to where they're drafted to, thought it was unfair to the game to put yourself above the game, etc. etc.

And I just remember thinking from an attitude perspective, this kid is basically the kid the Oilers would make if they could build a player from scratch.

I always had hope, but the fact that we actually got him is still blowing my mind.

Agreed, it still feels surreal, like the first few days after the Lottery. Sometime Miracles.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'm glad Chiarelli isn't moving the 16th for a goalie (now that Anderson is off the table), but I'm still really hoping he'll be able to swing a deal for the pick and a top 4 d-man. It'll be tough to walk out of free agency with the two we need. I'll be a little disappointed if we end up just making the pick or moving back and making picks.

The Oilers have gotta walk out of the draft with a top 4 d-man ready to play next season...

Payne

Aug 27, 2005
I hope they trade the 33rd and the 57th today for anything today... Maybe 79 and 86 too. There's no way I'll be conscious before the fourth round after tonight's festivities.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Some poor team is going to over pay in a trade and then over pay and over term in a contract for Ryan O'Reilly.

This guy is a total clone of Horcoff before he got his big sweet heart deal.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Lavoie says he'd be surprised if Talbot gets traded to the Flames. Says the Sharks are very interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad