Roy vs Walker

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
Clague hasn't really shown any more offensive prowess than Walker to be honest, but his defense was not good at all. I like Clague and I wish him the best but I just really don't see him making the Kings in the future. We have a few later picks in Moverare and Strand in front of him and a ton of young players ready to knock him down the depth chart even further.

Roy is legit, but I hope we get to the point where he's our third-pairing RHD.

Anderson - Doughty
Bjornfot - Clarke
Walker - Roy

What are we gonna do when Faber, Spence, Grans, and Kirsanov are ready too?

Half the names here will never become ready on for a regular NHL shift. Some probably wont even sniff the big club. Great example is Clague, who just a few years ago, we were thinking could legit become a #3D, and now its looking pretty doubtful. Which is why its so great we have a deep prospect pool.

I still dont think with our current D lineup (and its looking like Maatta will be playing a regular shift this year), we are a playoff team this year. Not unless there are some big surprises, which would be amazing.

Reactions: kilowatt and Lt Dan

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Half the names here will never become ready on for a regular NHL shift. Some probably wont even sniff the big club. Great example is Clague, who just a few years ago, we were thinking could legit become a #3D, and now its looking pretty doubtful. Which is why its so great we have a deep prospect pool.

I still dont think with our current D lineup (and its looking like Maatta will be playing a regular shift this year), we are a playoff team this year. Not unless there are some big surprises, which would be amazing.

You're right, but it would be catastrophic if half of those names didn't reach the NHL.

If we can hit on 50% of Clarke, Faber, Grans, Kirsanov, Strand, Durzi, Moverare, Spence, and Nousiainen, to go along with Bjornfot and Anderson already in the NHL, that's a full defense.

Anderson - Clarke
Bjornfot - Faber
Kirsanov - Spence

Even if Durzi, Moverare, Strand, Nousiainen, and Grans don't make it, we're still building something potentially special. We also have a good track record of lesser-known guys (like Roy and Walker) stepping up and contributing.

Not to mention Doughty and any free agents we eventually sign.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I like Walker and I actually believe he has more upside than Roy. Roy is solid, but really passive in the D zone. I like how Walker jumps into the play. Hopefully the rest of our D can fall into place.
Me too. He was much much better post cage last season.
I hope that this will be a big season for him.

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
I thought Walker was our best D in the pre-season. Definitely deserves PP1 time over Doughty.

Reactions: head eyes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad