Pre-Game Talk: ROUND THREE | GAME SIX| Tuesday | 8:00 p.m. EST |

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
That just ties into the "support the team only when winning" argument. They had 3 full days (including tomorrow) for tickets to be purchased. Will be an utter embarrassment if they don't sellout tomorrow.

Why is it embaressing?

Ottawa is severely handicapped compared to other Canadian teams when it comes to selling tickets and they just came off what was the absolute worst advertisement for their product that they could ask for which was a torturous 7-0 loss.

The only people who find this embaressing should be people who don't understand the climate the Senators franchise have to operate in and are easy targets for trolling Maple Leafs and Canadiens fans who will spout the nonsense about their fanbase being better than ours because they sell out every game while completely ignoring any factual evidence about why the Senators might have trouble selling out and why sellouts are a given for the Leafs and Canadiens.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm not that upset about being behind in the series. I'm just upset it's the Pens. They literally get away with murder, they hack, slash and deliberately try to injure players. It wouldn't surprise me if Brassard's injury is due to a Crosby hack in the faceoff due to Brass dominating him at the dot. He's also trying to injure Pageau after every faceoff. He did the same thing to Giroux in 2012. The league refuses to do anything about it. Then the Pens try to act like the victims whenever one of their players gets hurt on a legal play. Disgusting.

The onus is on the players to defend themselves & stop taking that crap from Crosby or any other Pen & stop crying to the refs. If they are not willing to defend themselves & go after Crosby, they shouldn't be dressed & should be sitting in the stands. Is that an oxy-moron "sitting in the stands"? :laugh:

Call me crazy but I don't mind that. Harpur & Wideman played like they had no spines.

WTF? This makes no sense, why would you say this? :shakehead

I am fairly certain we will never see Boro play for the Ottawa Senators ever again.

You couldn't be more wrong. And why would you even say this, he had no role in this loss to the Pens at all. But if he were there at the least he would be the one guy who would not take that embarrassing loss without a fight. These guys played like beaten cowards . :rant:

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Why is it embaressing?

Ottawa is severely handicapped compared to other Canadian teams when it comes to selling tickets and they just came off what was the absolute worst advertisement for their product that they could ask for which was a torturous 7-0 loss.

The only people who find this embaressing should be people who don't understand the climate the Senators franchise have to operate in and are easy targets for trolling Maple Leafs and Canadiens fans who will spout the nonsense about their fanbase being better than ours because they sell out every game while completely ignoring any factual evidence about why the Senators might have trouble selling out and why sellouts are a given for the Leafs and Canadiens.

So fold on the team when they got beat by the defending champions? This is an elimination game in the ECF. The players probably need the fans more than ever now. Games 3 and 4 had no problems selling out. They sold out relatively quickly IIRC. I just don't like the mentality of quitting when the going gets tough. This is the first time in a decade that the Sens have made the ECF you'd think the support would show that.

My whole rant would be moot if they did in fact sell out tomorrow but it doesn't look good thus far

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Really hoping for a win tomorrow so that the season doesn't end with a negative vibe after so many good things happening in these playoffs. Important for the franchise for this to be remembered for what it was.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
So fold on the team when they got beat by the defending champions? This is an elimination game in the ECF. The players probably need the fans more than ever now. Games 3 and 4 had no problems selling out. They sold out relatively quickly IIRC. I just don't like the mentality of quitting when the going gets tough. This is the first time in a decade that the Sens have made the ECF you'd think the support would show that.

My whole rant would be moot if they did in fact sell out tomorrow but it doesn't look good thus far

Are you going?

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016

You realize that the game we didn't sell out had one of the loudest atmospheres of any building for a single game in the playoffs right? Would I like the team so sell out every seat for maximum revenue gained? Of course, but look at that game in the second round, plus Winnipeg, a sold out building is not the only way to have a rocking atmosphere.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013

Nobody aside from bandwagon fans who come and go anyways are folding on the team.

The types of fans who help games sell out, especially in a city like Ottawa with a small population and minimal corporate support are the same type of fans who loosely follow in the regular season and then jump on the band wagon when things are going well.....that's not exclusive to Ottawa, that goes for almost every sport in every city. It's more evident in Ottawa when these type of fans drop off because we don't have the corporate support like other cities have that minimize the amount of single tickets initially available to each game. Not to mention, we also have a very very small population to draw from compared to other Canadian teams (I bring this up since the narrative some people seem to put fourth seems to be OMG A CANADIAN TEAM DIDN'T SELL OUT A PLAYOFF GAME ALL CANADIAN TEAMS=EQUAL PLAYING FIELD BECAUSE NATIONAL ANTHEM IS THE SAME), especially when you consider this is a transplant city that even prior to the franchise coming in was infested with 70 years worth of Leafs and Canadiens fans.

I don't get what you're embarrassed about the team not selling out tomorrow. Are you embarrassed that the climate of an NHL team in Ottawa makes it more evident when casual fans are too afraid or too disinterested to spend their money on the product? I would say it's more annoying than embaressing if the team doesn't sell out because it means we have to listen to weeks worth of the Ottawa=not real hockey town like good old Torontah ignorant narrative.

Last edited:

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I would like a win and hard fought game 7 win or lose it and I will be happy. I will not be happy if they come out flat tomorrow.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Stubhub for 60 USD right now!!

The pricing on Stubhub is misleading because it doesn't list the ticket in CAD, and also doesn't list the fees. For a 60 USD tickets on Stubhub, you're looking at 105 CAD all in. Still a much better price than Ticketmaster where the cheapest non-resale is about 140 a ticket.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Team gambled by not releasing home game 3 tickets with the initial wave of game 1 and 2.
Also jacked prices mid round before the results of last night.

They lost the gamble.

It'll be an awesome game if they win and you can afford to go. But that's the problem... Can't continually raise prices, eventually supply/demand curve snaps back.

They are the same price as game 1 and 2 were
The seats in the 300 level which are mostly the ones that haven't sold were cheaper in the earlier series though and 3 days isn't a lot of time to sell out the stadium.

Then there is the Fury game tomorrow against Toronto FC, I expect a few Sens fans will be going to that one. Both teams lose out, it's just bad timing.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Toronto is a Leafs town not a hockey town. The final of the WCH had tickets for 40 bucks on stubhub that had 500 dollar face value. World Juniors were also a flop in both Toronto and Montreal.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
You realize that the game we didn't sell out had one of the loudest atmospheres of any building for a single game in the playoffs right? Would I like the team so sell out every seat for maximum revenue gained? Of course, but look at that game in the second round, plus Winnipeg, a sold out building is not the only way to have a rocking atmosphere.

Not sure what Winnipeg has to do with this. They sold out and are loud?

I'm not talking just about atmosphere. When you have a couple thousand empty seats in an elimination game in the ECF its a bad look.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think both Harpur and Claesson have beaten him out.

No they haven't, he has been injured & they are injury replacement players. Neither are anywhere near as tough as Boro, although Harpur could be if this management team would allow it. :shakehead

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I was gonna buy 300L tickets on Ticketmaster like I did for Game 3. But instead of spending $150+ per ticket, I went on StubHub, spent $200 and I'm in the 100L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad